Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so you've just won the lottery and you have enough money that you could fund a AAA game made to your specifications (an actual dream of mine tbh) what game do you get made?

For me personally I'd want an open-world 3rd person game (think GTA, Red Dead, Witcher 3, Arkham series etc) with multiplayer based on superheroes. I'd have a character creation suite with a huge range of costume and aesthetic options (like City of Heroes or Champions Online) and a points-based levelling system with no character classes where you can choose from a large number of different powers and abilities. Depending on the origin you chose you'd have different types of powers available to you (for example: a Batman type hero might get a vehicle as a "travel power" where a metahuman might get flight or superspeed and the vehicle could be upgraded with points in much the same way powers could.) Outside of the single player story I'd have a PVP based game where villains are trying to hurt as many people as possible, commit heists and robberies and at higher levels city-threatening events and the heroes work to stop them. Throw in some NPC events that happen periodically where large numbers of players would come together to either assist or oppose the NPC's involved. That's my dream game.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Sounds like you're describing DC Universe Online. It's waaaay out of its best years now, but you might still enjoy it considering it matches up with your description so well.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you're describing DC Universe Online. It's waaaay out of its best years now, but you might still enjoy it considering it matches up with your description so well.
No, I'm really not. That's by far the worst of the superhero MMO's I've played haha. I don't want a game that plays like an MMO at all, I want a game that plays like Arkham Knight or Infamous or Spider-Man etc ;)

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's already been made, it's called Mass Effect 2.

Although, what I would love to do is a DC vs Marvel fighting game using the Injustice engine. It's a pipe dream, and it will never, ever happen, but I would love it.

No gear system, though. Classic costumes from the comics.

I'd love that game too. I'd even love just a straight up Marvel game using the Injustice engine though I'm a much bigger DC fan overall (and I think DC has a much better roster of heroes in general.) A Marvel/DC game is definitely something I'd love to play though, it'd hearken back to the crossover comics and I always loved those as a kid/teenager too. I guess the cool thing of having the roster split between companies is you could focus on the top-tier characters from each both hero and villain so you'd get less of the weak/out of place characters that you get in Injustice (though again that's mostly roster choice I think.) Thor (or Hulk) vs Superman (or Shazam) would be amazing.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
Original NieR, Drakengard 1 or Drakengard 3 remake by Platinum Games.
Yoko Taro and Platinum created best piece of entertainment ever made in Automata and I want more.

·
Registered
15,650 Posts
Basically Minecraft with much better graphics, and the ability to impliment certain role-playing conditions that allows you to set rules to your world, assign NPC behavior / logic and allow the ability for players to upload their own templates online via a sharing system. The game would be procedurally generated, but you can nail characters and macguffins to specific locations, and modify every aspect of the aesthetics. You can also save specific generations so that the modifications remain. If someone online wants to crop a specific generated portion of their game, write narrative dialogue and assign objectives, and upload their creation then they absolutely can. The game would be best suited for your own specific needs.

I love games where I can use my own imagination and get lost in them. I don't need a handcrafted story with hold-you-by-the-hand linear progression. Just give me a limitless sandbox with player-set conditions and allow me to role-play within that world. It would be like an evolution of Daggerfall, only without the established ES lore.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
A Diablo game made by the original Blizzard North team and From Software: The inspiring dark atmosphere of both D1, D2 and the Souls series, the ost of Matt Uelmen and Sakuraba, the classes system and iconic characters from Diablo but being a third person game with some actual skill required instead of the isometric kill and grind. Can you imagine entering a boss area and encountering Mephisto or Diablo in front of you, in Dark Souls fashion? That would be awesome. That's my game dream.

Also:
I would love to see a Demon's Crest with modern gameplay and graphics, maybe a sequel. Would be neat. A pokemon game with real-time combat is something I would like to see too. Actually playing as the pokémon you choose instead of just selecting an attack and waiting. A Dr.Strange action RPG is another thing I'd love. There are many other video games I'd love to play but well.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,846 Posts
Saints Row 2. I just want THAT again. Saints Row 2 is the sandbox experience that for me hasn't been eclipsed, let alone met, since then. I've played the newer sandbox games like GTA 5, Mafia 3, Watchdogs, etc. are fun for me but the experiences from games like Scarface the World is Yours (Radical Entertainment), The Warriors (Rockstar), Punisher '05 (Volition - the Saints Row developers), Sleeping Dogs (United Front) are far better. If I could sum it up I'd say, I love OVER THE TOP, played straight. It sounds funny but that's my kind of game.

With that "preamble" out of the way, this is what I'd want. I'd take features from all those games and put something amazing together.

- I want the beat 'em up combat like Sleeping Dogs and The Warriors, it feels good to kick ass in those games. You're powerful but vulnerable. You need different techniques to beat different enemies but it doesn't border on obnoxious like the Arkham games have become.

- I love the drug runs from Scarface where you get a shipment of coke and deliver it to fronts around the city. It was so much fun driving around getting shot at, getting messages saying other fronts are getting attacked but you're too far to help but you have a few guys watching the place so they can survive for a while. It was fun, hectic, tense and crazy.

- Who doesn't love some gratuitous violence? Punisher and Sleeping Dogs did it right, grabbing a guy and dragging someone to a deathtrap and wrecking shop. Whatever's available, whether it's a woodchipper or meat grinder, throw 'em in and watch them explode.

- Saints Row 2 did customization perfectly. The only thing you couldn't change was your height. Skin, hair, face, voice, cars, houes/apartments/condos and furniture. Saints Row 2 was the pinnacle of sandbox customization and I'll always love it.

- Characters and stories like Mafia 3, Saints Row 2, Sleeping Dogs had amazing stories but also the calibre of actor in these games. Yes we have great voice actors in gaming but when big names like Emma Stone, Mila Kunis, Will Yun Lee, Daniel Dae Kim, Michael Clarke Duncan, Keith David etc are respected actors and actresses and they put in work to bring these games to life. I don't want a snooty, up it's own ass story like studios try to make these days. What happened to games that let you screw around with hot chicks but also bury a man alive at your best friend's girlfriend's funeral? Getting captured and getting tortured but escaping by the skin of your teeth.

- A decent amount of weird shit sprinkled in. Easter eggs are fun and interesting but not forced. I'd love to drive to a particular spot on a map and find a jetpack or a portal to a cutscence and finding a dinosaur. Nothing wrong with so long as it's not the main focus or selling point (Saints Row 3 :side:)

- Co-Op play is important for me. Just fucking around with a friend shooting shit, blowing stuff up and kicking ass is fun.

I can go on and on all day. Gaming is one of my passions and Saints Row 2 is one of my absolute favorite games of all time. I just hate what the gaming world is becoming. The more I see from the gaming world is that you see more and more "smoke up the ass" bullshit like Last of Us and people constantly sucking it off. Then we stop getting variety and we get a bunch of games trying to go for the same feel. Quantum Break, Detroit Become Human, New God of War, Horizon, etc. are less my speed and sadly they're becoming the norm. And I'm seeing less and less straight up fun and over the top action.

Thank you, Wrestling Forum!

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
A Star Wars Elder Scrolls-type RPG. Made by Obsidian because New Vegas is superior to the other Fallouts.

A Lord of the Rings Elder Scrolls-type RPG. Made by Obsidian because New Vegas is superior to the other Fallouts.

A new Final Fantasy game that isn't open world or has action combat.

A new Tales of game that goes back to having actual roles for characters and not making everyone an awesome melee attacker, healer, and mage all rolled into one.

A Fire Emblem with many story branches and where your decisions matter and shape the rest of the game, determining if your army is good or evil along the way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts