Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The scene comes into focus in in Crossville Tennessee, a small old town themed heavily off its civil war background. The people of the town are average folk but have high ambition in life and always reach that extra mile to get all they can out of themselves. A young man by the name off Jason Styles is no different, a successful student in his own right. Also one with a big can do attitude. Although the town can be looked at as very simple and laid back it can be one of the most trying and testing places you can live. The people there are not easily impressed, that includes the parents of a 21 year old Jason Style who has one real will and desire in life and that is competing in wrestling. Little did he know the years of sticking it out and listening to the hard criticism of his choice of lifestyle would pay off on this day.

Later that day Jason was in his home where he has lived with his family since he was just a small child. Jason is in his room packing a bag full of wrestling gear as he is set to compete in a small backyard federation he in three friends created upon completing high school. As he continued to prepare his phone rings and he gets a call from an unidentified number and answers the call. Jason replies hello and the voice on the other end of the phone says this is a representative of Edge Pro Wrestling and they had a contract waiting to be signed for Jason. All he had to do was be in North Carolina for their next show. Jason shocked as can be tells the caller he will be their and they will not regret this decision. He paces back and forth across the room realizing a dream had come true. Just then his phone rings again, he looks to the caller ID and sees that its his father calling and answers the phone.[/

Jason Styles - “ What’s up dad, I got to get over to Jakes we got a wrestling show tonight. We sold over a hundred tickets so I got to be their early to make sure everything goes over smooth.”

Jimmy Styles - “ Hey I just wanted to let ya know I talked to my boss over the weekend down. He says a buddy of his down at Bean & Associates Inc have some openings for selling houses. Now I told him your no salesman but you do have that I can do anything mind set so I told him it would be perfect for you and you would be down their first thing in the morning.”

Jason Styles - “ He listen dad I told you before to stop setting up these interviews for me. I have the wrestling federation that me Jake and the guys put a lot of hard time into to make a success out of it.”

Jimmy Styles - “ Heh wrestling, you know I didn’t expect much from you or your brother when you were kids. I knew where we lived and the average person either becomes a straight up hillbilly or they become a country music star or do something that involves lots of cameras and bright lights. I always said my sons wouldn’t become part of a circus, that’s exactly what that wrasslin business is. There is no money or success that can be made in pro wrestling son.”

Jason Styles - “Dad I just got a call from a man in a company called EPW just before you called. He told me he wanted me in North Carolina by next Thursday and I had a job as a pro wrestler waiting their for me.”

Jimmy Styles - “Well it’s a good thing you turned him down, you got the interview over at Bean on Monday. (after a brief pause in conversation Jimmy speaks again.) Uh son please tell me you did turn them down.”

Jason Styles - “Dad this is a sure thing I go and sign the contract before Thursday and I am in the big time. And besides you sprung that job on me last minute again even after I told you I didn’t want you doing that anymore. I am not taking the job as a salesmen, just call them back and let them know you made a mistake.”

Jimmy Styles - “Son listen to me, you are about to make the biggest mistake of your life. If you go over to North Carolina you are throwing away your potential. If you want to do that wrestling thing then by all means keep doing you backyard side show with your friends for fun and get a real job. I am going to say this right now, you are not taking that wrestling job Jason.”

Jason Styles - “Dad its what I want to do and I am going for it, if I go and cant make a success of it I can always come back home. I got to get going though, I still have a show to prepare for and got to let the guys know about the news.”

Jimmy Styles - “ See that’s where you are wrong son, if you go to Carolina you are out of the house. I want your thing out of the house by the weekend.”

Jason Styles - “Well I guess ill see you Saturday when I come over to pack up my things.”

Jason hangs up the phone and grabs his bag and heads over to his friend Jakes house where they put on their wrestling events. As he arrives he heads around back where 50 or so people already turned out for the event. Jake runs up and tells Jason that they sold another sixty tickets for the show this afternoon and it will be their biggest turnout yet. Jason smiles and says that it was awesome and he was excited. He then tells Jake he wants 10 minutes in the ring alone to kick off the show as he wanted to inform everyone of something major at the same time. Jake says the show is pretty tight but we will move the opening match to later in the card and cut some other stuff short. Jason thanks him and both men gear up for the show.

Jake Lauer is in the ring and he welcomes everyone to the show, he says we are in for a special treat to kick things off with our current heavyweight champ Jason Styles so everyone give him a big standing ovation in support. Styles makes his way into the ring from behind their back drop and takes the mic from Jake and hugs him before addressing him and the crowd.

Jason Styles - “ First I wanted to start by saying thank you to everyone that is here tonight. The fans, the wrestlers and all of my friends who I consider closer then family for your support. It is what got me to this point and I owe you all for what you have done for me. The next thing I have to say isn’t going to be easy so I am just going to come right out and say it. Earlier today I received a phone call from a man in North Carolina who was from the EPW wrestling federation. He told me that he had seen a few reels of our work here and if I was in NC next Thursday I would have a contract with the company and my very first pro match under my belt. The first thing I thought of when I got the call was what about the guys over at Jakes and the backyard fed. My first instinct was to accept the deal and let my dreams climb to new heights. Then I thought my place was here and we are only just beginning to make a success off this and I didn’t know what I was going to do. But after a long ill talk with an acquaintance I decided to go to NC and take the job with EPW.”

Styles stands still with the mic now by his side in front of a completely quiet crowd of nearly two hundred. One by one they all begin to stand up and begin to clap and a huge Styles chant followed by a you finally made it chant break out. Styles removes the title belt from his waist and lays it in the middle of the ring and says this belongs to all the fans here tonight as he is joined in ring by friends Jake, Michael and Eric as they all congratulate Jason on the accomplishment.

Later that night after the show came to a conclusion Jason sits in the middle of the ring looking up at the sky as Jake enters the ring and sits down next to him.

Jason Styles - “ You know there are billions of stars up their and each of them is amazing in their own way. And yet no matter how big an impact they have many of them are all the same. I am looking well past that. There is only one sun in our solar system and everything moves around it. That is where I want to be in the EPW.”

Jake - “ And you will be, those who dream big and believe in the dream get big results. Just look at what you have done already, you tough it out for three years in a backyard wrestling promotion that you started and you have been found by one of the most well known companies around the world EPW by a video online. That is no fluke, that means you have the talent and the ability to become a success in this business. They know it at EPW, we all knew it when you came up with the idea to start this whole thing and most of all you know it. Go to NC next week and sign that deal and give the whole world a taste of what Crossville is made of!”

The two friends grip each others hands and pull in for a friendly pad on the back as the scene fades to black.

The scene reopens later that week at the home of Jason Styles. He and his friends load up the cab and say their goodbyes and Jason heads for the airport for his trip to North Carolina where he is to meet with EPW executives to sign his deal and learn of his first match. After a few hours he arrives safely and takes a cab to Time Warner Cable Arena. Their he meets up with the Voice of EPW Larry Johnson who shakes his hand and welcomes him to EPW.

Larry Johnson - “ Welcome to the big time Mr. Styles! You might be wondering why they sent me to meet with you this afternoon. I am going to tell you they want to get a feel for your ability to perform with no notice. Guys bring out the camera and the mic.”

Styles looks at Johnson confused as a crew brings out a mic and two cameras and. Larry grabs the mic and says role cameras.

Larry Johnson - “ Good evening ladies and gentlemen and tonight is a special night in EPW history. I am here at the Time Warner Arena in North Carolina with one of the biggest names on the independent scene of pro wrestling. Of course I am talking about The Natural Jason Styles. The reason I am with him is simple, EWP has gone looking for talent and they hooked a big one. Please allow me to formally welcome Mr. Styles to the EPW ranks, this is the big time and I want to know what everyone around the world wants to know. How does it feel to finally have made it to the big time.”

Jason Styles - “ I have to tell you just over three years in the business I would have never predicted that I would have been given this opportunity so soon. I want to thank the EPW though and let them know they will get more then their moneys worth out of this investment. I can sit here and talk up everything I am going to do here in the EPW. Instead I will wait till Eclipse and let my actions do the talking.”

Larry Johnson - “ Sounds like they got a guy with plenty of edge of his own in Mr. Styles in my opinion. Now that you are here, you are ready, it is time that you learn of your opponent or should I say opponents. See in your EPW debut the odds will be stacked against you to see if you are up for the challenge. See at Eclipse you will be competing in a triple threat match against two other new comers to the EPW. The One Man Armageddon will be one of your opponents, the other will be a man who had a previous short lived stint with EPW. He goes by the name of Ender, what I want to know is how do you plan to overcome this great obstacle placed before you upon your arrival.”

Jason Style - “ One thing you will find out about me real quick is I will never ask for or except an easy road laid out for me. I want the toughest the EPW has thrown at me to prove that I belong. Nobody becomes a star overnight and they especially don’t do it by taking the easy road. I want EPW to throw the edge in my face so I cant stand tall and concur it head on. One Man Armageddon the name says it all, if you ask me he is just predicting his own path that will end with nothing more then a path of hell fire and burning rubble which he is. And as for Ender you already had a shot here and now your going for round two. After you step into the ring with The Natural on October 6th you will be out of the EPW once again. Only this time it will be at my hands and not by your own choice. The level of intensity has just been raised do to the fact that I Jason Styles has arrived. Mark your calendars folks, October 6 is the day that I bring the edge to EPW.”

Larry Johnson - “ Mr. Styles you have a certain x factor about you that says you have the will. We will see if you have the ability to back it up in the ring in several days. I want to say one more time welcome and we are glad to have you as the newest edition of EPW and we look forward to your debut. We are going to wrap things up here folks and we are going to get Jason Styles signed on the dotted line!”

Styles shakes hands with Johnson and is given a contract to sign, Styles signs and hands the paper back and takes a moment and looks around the large arena and says to himself this is his calling as the scene fades to black.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like your modesty during the interview with larry :) (not your charachter but the way you write larry's speech) good luck in your match and I like your story, cant wait to see how you expand on it
Thanks, and i didn't know if staff characters were untouchable or not. If so i apologize for the use of this character. Glad to get some feedback so quick as well!

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
Good start and I look forward to seeing Jason Styles progressing in EPW, I used a similar small guy from Southern small town makes it to the big time route for my character when I first started here ages ago and I hope you have just as much fun seeing your character evolve!.

I would proofread the RP before posting though there were some spelling errors in there that you can easily fix.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I used a similar small guy from Southern small town makes it to the big time route for my character when I first started here ages ago
Jesus that was what? 20 years ago? haha

Solid work dude, like Abyss said, a few spelling errors here and there but nothing a proof read cant fix. And the yellow font is hard on the eyes, Id suggest finding a different colour next time.

Other then that not to shabby sir, looking forward to the next one.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I read this a couple of days ago (sorry I didn't comment) and I liked it. It's pretty good for a first RP, and even for normal standards it's still quality, imo. I know I'm no one to say this, since my grammer and such normally aren't really good, but think you should try and proof read your texts for basic stuff that gets through (ie. using "and" three times in a row in a sentence without commas). Good to see new people putting effort into this, and I really want to see where you're heading. Good luck =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts