Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have heard, there have been reports that the WWE is agressively pursuing Brock Lesnar in hopes of getting him to work Wrestlemania this year. And these reports started to influx after Brock LEsnar after he lost his last UFC match, and Undertaker had some cryptic remarks for Lesnar. "You wanna do it?" Rumors were abound that Taker-Lesnar was going to be booked. But are there any other matchups that would intrigue you more than consensus Lesnar-Undertaker at MAnia.

Now, on the unlikely situation that Brock does work Mania(who knows at this point, but with contractual obligations to the UFC it seems that way) , who would you PERSONALLY PREFER Lesnar to work with?

I would love to see Triple H vs Brock Lesnar, or John Cena vs Lesnar. There are so many possibilies, as there are a lot of fresh opponents for Lesnar.

What do you think?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If we're really talking about a dream opponant then, for me, Ric Flair stands head and shoulders above eveyone else. What I have in mind, and remember we're talking about a dream rather than a reality, is similar to the story told at the end of the movie Any Given Sunday. In the movie, veteran QB Dennis Quaid goes out and puts on a performance which is 100,000,000,000,000% heart and in doing so, shows rookie QB Jamie Fox how the game should be played. My angle would involve Lesnar returning to WWE full time but with the cowd against him (like they were against The Rock when he faced Lasnar). Flair's perfomance woyld help Lesnar truly understand what wrestling means to the paying fans and finally help him gain appreciation for it.

But as I say, that's a total dream and as such will never happen in a million years.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
My dream opponent for Brock Lesnar is... Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Or Fedor Emelianenko.

His WWE career is over. When will people move on?

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dream opponent for Brock Lesnar is... Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Or Fedor Emelianenko.

His WWE career is over. When will people move on?
Why come into a thread just to be a dick, and not contribute to it? It's not about him working for the WWE full-time. We're talking about a one-time special appearance, and the dream opponent he would face in that match. Who said he was leaving the UFC to go to the WWE?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Why come into a thread just to be a dick, and not contribute to it? It's not about him working for the WWE full-time. We're talking about a one-time special appearance, and the dream opponent he would face in that match. Who said he was leaving the UFC to go to the WWE?
Because there's no point in thinking up a "dream opponent." IF he comes back for one match, it will be against The Undertaker. Period. Otherwise, him coming back is pointless.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because there's no point in thinking up a "dream opponent." IF he comes back for one match, it will be against The Undertaker. Period. Otherwise, him coming back is pointless.

It's just for recreational discussion. If there is no point, then why come into the thread and post a condescending message? Do you get off on being a jerk? You just make yourself look like a jackass. As my first post says, the consensus is it will be Taker-Lesnar at Mania, if it happens. But we're talking about a hypothetical situation.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Fine, you want an answer? Doink the Clown.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Cena. It would be the biggest match that they could put on with Lesnar.

The reason I say Cena and not Undertaker, is because of what the media would make of it. Unless Taker had a major change in his gimmick, the press would make a laughing stock of the match and all of its hype. Brock Lesnar, the big bad MMA fighter vs. The Dead Man??? C'mon. Now if Taker were to come into the match with, say a mix of his American Bad Ass (him in real life) and his Dead Man character, then maybe it could be taken seriously. But honestly, just the thought of Lesnar standing in the ring at Wrestlemania in his MMA shorts and MMA gloves while watching Undertaker slowly walk to the ring in a gothic robe with fake lightning flashing even makes me laugh. And I am a life long Undertaker fan...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm actually going to go with Triple H for my answer. I know they faced each other with The Rock added to the mix at the Global Warning Tour in 2002. While there is a better chance of Bill Clinton having another reign as the U.S. President. I would personally as a fan of both Hunter and Lesnar, would love to see this happen (or loved to see it happen). Really feel that those two could have a pretty solid match with one another. It's actually a match I wanted to see actually happen before the two brands got their own world championships.

On a side note: If (and I say if) Lesnar/Undertaker does happen though. It's really going to be one giant slap in the face. They are not going to let a man that left the company like the way he did in 2004 end the streak.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I'm actually going to go with Triple H for my answer. I know they faced each other with The Rock added to the mix at the Global Warning Tour in 2002. While there is a better chance of Bill Clinton having another reign as the U.S. President. I would personally as a fan of both Hunter and Lesnar, would love to see this happen (or loved to see it happen). Really feel that those two could have a pretty solid match with one another. It's actually a match I wanted to see actually happen before the two brands got their own world championships.

On a side note: If (and I say if) Lesnar/Undertaker does happen though. It's really going to be one giant slap in the face. They are not going to let a man that left the company like the way he did in 2004 end the streak.
You know, I still think that the main event of Wrestlemania 19 should have been Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title. As great of a feud and matches that Brock/Angle had, Wrestlemania's was the weakest and the match itself could have been much better. And yes I still would be saying this if Brock had not botched the Shooting Star Press.

Brock going over Triple H would have been HUGE, probably bigger than going over Angle. I would have done Brock/Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title and Angle/Benoit for the WWE Title. Angle and Benoit could have put on the exact same match they had at the Royal Rumble that year...5 star match.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Alberto Del Rio.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Other than Brock vs Undertaker, Brock vs Cena would be the biggest money match, I actually think it would be the bigger match, and the better match. Brock Lesnar vs the guy who stepped into his shoes when he left, intersting storyline, and they did have that one match at Backlash 2003, so their is some history, the more I think about it screw Taker vs Brock, I want Cena vs Brock, the man on the PG era vs the man of the Ruthless Agression era.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
If he does come to the WWE, Triple H will probably make sure he gets to face Brock if Taker cant.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Here's the problem: Brock Lesnar left pretty much at the height of his popularity in WWE...pretty much. He had probably the biggest push in WWE history and got more over with greater success than anyone else in WWE history (just my opinion). Had he stayed in WWE in 2004, he could have continued feuding with Eddie Guerrero, or started a feud with Booker T, or John Cena, or Randy Orton, or Batista, and so on. Brock Lesnar was pretty much the last vestage (sp?) of the post-attitude/pre new generation mega pushes (2005, for Cena, Batista, Orton, and Edge). Yes, Orton's push started in 2004, but he didn't become a successful main eventer until he turned heel in early '05. Edge, you could make the argument that he became big when he speared Shawn Michaels at Taboo Tuesday, or when he won his first WWE title.

The point is that Lesnar, like Triple H, Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels needed to stick around, past WrestleMania XX (one era ending) and throughout (into another era). That's what makes guys like that so important to history. Triple H has wrestled The Ultimate Warrior and The Miz. Undertaker has wrestled Dusty Rhodes and Jack Swagger. Shawn Michaels has wrestled the One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase.

Lesnar never became what he could have and should have been. Instead, he became one of the most notoriously fickle athletes in history, who in the last six years has been WWE Champion, kinda played for the Minnesota Vikings, and gotten his ass kicked by Shane Carwin. Yes, he is a big name in UFC. But he doesn't represent it, simply because he doesn't seem to know where he's going. If WWE wanted to do a HUGE WWE vs. MMA fight, they would have tried for Randy Couture (sp?), Chuck Lidell, names who EVERYONE knows, including those who don't watch UFC. I don't watch UFC, but I know who they are and I know that Randy Couture vs. Triple H would be momentous.

If WWE heavily played on Lesnar's history in WWE, then you would have an intensely novel feud: a guy who made it big in wrestling, ditched in, and has now come back. A lot of new fans might not even know of Lesnar's history in WWE, they might not care.

This is what makes pairing him off with an opponent so difficult. Here's the problem for me: I don't want to see Lesnar vs. Undertaker at WM. Why should I? Because UT asked Lesnar a question after he got his ass kicked at the fight, and did it out of character. How could that possibly be a feud? Break kayfabe for this one guy and have UT go American Badass for no apparent reason and betray his character?!? No way. As someone else said, Lesnar vs. The Dead Man would be ridiculous. I, too, am a big UT fan and think it would make him look stupid.

And what kind of match would it be? UT is 45, injured to hell, can't carry a match and can barely be carried to one. Just my opinion, but this was none more evident than at WM XXVI. Lesnar hasn't wrestled in almost four years, and hasn't a good match in almost seven. He's not exactly Kurt Angle.

Also, we've seen this feud: twice. After they killed each other in Hell in a Cell for 28 minutes, there's really not much left to to. Lesnar ain't HBK that they can just resurrect this feud a decade later.

Cena? No, Cena deserves a wrestler for WM, not a "celebrity. Cena works too hard to be overshadowed by a guest star, not on the grandest stage. I don't want to see Cena play second fiddle to someone who's heart clearly isn't in wrestling, even if he does make Lesnar tap to the stf with a chain around his throat.

Triple H? Maybe. That'd be my closest preference. A few reasons. The obvious: they never faced each other one on one. Whether it should have happened from 2003-2005 or in 2011, it's still one of the biggest matches that has never happened. Whether it's Triple H vs. WWE Lesnar or Triple H vs. MMA Lesnar, it's still Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar. They've never fought (aside from Global Warning, which not everyone even knows about it), they're evenly matched, and HHH can still carry just about anyone to a good match. Build the feud around Triple H taking special exception to Lesnar disrespecting the wrestling business, portray Lesnar not so much as a heel but someone who legitimately defends his decision to leave (kinda like The Rock in 2003), and either guy could go over. HHH could beat Lesnar and defend the honor of wrestling, while Lesnar goes home with a major paycheck, or Lesnar beats HHH clean, and shows that maybe he misses wrestling more than he lets on (very unlikely), or Lesnar beats HHH dirty, like Mayweather/Big Show.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts