Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Love the Karloff one. Absolute classic. Dislike the Carrey one. No need to do what they did and give the Grinch a reason to be... well... a grinch.

Didn't care for the Happy bit at the beginning, but Cumberbatch is a good choice for the voice.

·
Premium Member
44,061 Posts
Ok I hate to get pissy about The Grinch, but shouldn't he be somewhat menacing?

What's with all the slapstick? The Karloff version had all these downright evil facial expressions and it was great and most of the original short was him in full control of the situation, and if something bad did happen, he'd either connive his way out of it (Cindy Lou Who) or scowl at Max (riding the sled).

The Carey version did this too, but why make the Grinch a clumsy doofus?

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
The main question I had after seeing the trailer is shouldn't The Grinch be the town pariah? What's he doing strolling around the supermarket? :lol I also agree with all the slapstick being a bit much... still Cumberbatch is a great choice for the voice, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

It's a Christmas movie not Citizen Kane :p

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Unpopular opinion: If wouldn't by Carrey's Version, Grinch Slang to adresses X-Mas haters would not be popularized.

I think it's too early to judge the movie, but yes it does. It's a Christmas Movie: just an MKT Strategy.

·
40,760 Posts
Biggest facepalm for me is the Grinch wearing underwear in bed and then putting on a fur suit over his natural furry body.

the rest is fine. this is a story for kids after all.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Looks like they are just rehashing elements of christmas carol with the grinch instead of scrooge really, I thought the grinch was supposed to be an outcast that stays away from everyone yet hes here strolling around the shops.

the carrey version was crap though so Im sure it cant be any worse. It doesnt look like my kind of thing but then it is a family movie releasing at Christmas so of course its going to be cheesy with simple humour because their audience isnt going to be asking for much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts