Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i use to be able to d/l fonts on my other computer but iv had this one for a year and havent tryed yet. I copy my font file then When i goto my WINDOWS and paste the downloaded font on the FONT folder it says it is Damaged or somthing so when i go into FONTS and paste it it still says it... Am i doing somthing wrong?

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
That sounds like a problem with the file you're downloading. Are you downloading the in compressed folder files, like ZIP or RAR?

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Might be the place you're downloading them from. And for fonts, all I do is download the zip file right to the Windows font folder, and just unzip it in there and its fine. I'm sure a zip file isn't gonna harm anything really. I've had no problems.(Also less of a hassle)

So anyway, what site are you getting your fonts from? Sounds like a problem with the file itself. If you're not downloading them from dafont.com, do that. :)

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
You don't have to put fonts in your windows folder to use them in PSP and PS. Open the font (so you get the quick brown fox blah blah) minimise it and then launch PSP or PS and that font will be in your list of fonts in the program.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
But that's more difficult.....especially when you have lots of fonts and you want to try each one of them to see which looks better in the banner. I understand you don't use or add brushes and fonts and stuff because it slows down Photoshop when opening it, but what's better? Waiting a bit longer to open photoshop, or going through all the extra fuss just to use a font or brush, only to find that it's not what you wanted and have to try another? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts