1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
... what in the hell

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I skipped straight to the bottom and read the last report (you can view reports by clicking on the pics). I've always picked WWF/E over wCw but reading that report reminded me how depressing the die-hard wCw marks who only watch wCw must've felt.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People should check out the Wrestling Observer's WCW Quotes for amazing stories. If you think TNA is bad, WCW was far, far worse.

Since I was a huge wrestling mark, I would watch the first hour of Nitro on Monday then switch it over to Raw and just flip back and forth until 11. I would watch Thunder on Thursdays, ECW on TNN on Friday, Sunday Night Heat and every once in a while, I would tune in the local channels to watch a local wrestling promotion.

·
40,796 Posts
People should check out the Wrestling Observer's WCW Quotes for amazing stories. If you think TNA is bad, WCW was far, far worse.

Since I was a huge wrestling mark, I would watch the first hour of Nitro on Monday then switch it over to Raw and just flip back and forth until 11. I would watch Thunder on Thursdays, ECW on TNN on Friday, Sunday Night Heat and every once in a while, I would tune in the local channels to watch a local wrestling promotion.
Flipping back and forth between Nitro and Raw was great. Each show tried their ass off to be crazier than the other. What we got was some of the worst television in the history of mankind. It was great though.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
When they turned Booker T into 'GI Bro' that was mind boggling, but not as bad as making the massive, athletic Mike Awesome into a horrible fat chick loving joke.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flipping back and forth between Nitro and Raw was great. Each show tried their ass off to be crazier than the other. What we got was some of the worst television in the history of mankind. It was great though.
I think in a weird way, I'd enjoy watching some bits and pieces of the end of WCW in a more ironic way because the stories that I read seem crazier then how I remember. I remember in the last 6 months of WCW, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes and would just change the channel and be done with it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I skipped straight to the bottom and read the last report (you can view reports by clicking on the pics). I've always picked WWF/E over wCw but reading that report reminded me how depressing the die-hard wCw marks who only watch wCw must've felt.
i was one but i wasnt as wise as i am now i look back and think why they hell did i enjoy that dont get me wrong booker t winning the wcw title now thats still good in my eyes but everything eles wtf?

btw who ever watches TNA get ready for the same thing to happen to that, the whole hogan an bishop take over was done in WCW a little thing called NWO and for me that was the end. so bye bye TNA hello TNA invades WWE.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
That was pretty good. Jericho and Ralphus were one of the few bright spots in WCW. I enjoyed it until I saw Vince Russo and Mark Madden, then I wanted to punch out my computer screen.

Reactions: MrMister

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I just had a look. SO glad I picked wwf.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
That was WCW under Bishoffs control, which is sadly where TNA is heading now. Once they booted his ass out the show improved vastly. It wasn't immediate, but more of a gradual improvement. Russo had a bunch of overpaid vets with contract control clauses to deal with. Once he got rid of them though WCW really turned around.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Holy shit, I haven't heard "Kwee-Wee" in like a decade. Man, Nitro was awful.

But Ralphus was the shit.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Never watched WCW or hell even ECW so I could care less about WCW's downfall.

Although I do miss it since it was Vince's closest competition.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts