Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm moving to Australia in a few months and was just wondering what anyone might know about the pro wrestling scene down there?? Is there a major/ best promotion, and if so what is it?

I might also look into a pro wrestling school if I find I have the funds available, but would like to go through the best promotion's training.

Anyone who knows anything about wrestling in Australia, fill me in with what ya got!

Cheers, Average Joe

·
Registered
159 Posts
The wrestling scene here is solid but unspectacular. It really depends on where you're asking about.

I live in Queensland just out of the capital city and there are 4 active promotions within an hours drive. Of those 4 promotions, three are running training schools with some fantastic trainers.

My knowledge of the other states is spotty but I have heard that there are some other standout promotions. PWA in Sydney have produced standout womens wrestlers such as Jessie McKay and former SHIMMER champion Madison Eagles. Another PWA wrestler Robbie Eagles is currently training with Zero-1 in Japan.

What state were you looking at moving to?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I'm in NSW and I haven't been to much indy wrestling, basically cause none of my friends are really down for it. But I went to an IWA http://www.iwawrestling.com.au/news.php show that was headlined by Nigel Mcguiness v Bryan Danielson for some Japanese title and it was epic. Their local wrestlers did not seem too bad at all either.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
I'm in NSW and I haven't been to much indy wrestling, basically cause none of my friends are really down for it. But I went to an IWA http://www.iwawrestling.com.au/news.php show that was headlined by Nigel Mcguiness v Bryan Danielson for some Japanese title and it was epic. Their local wrestlers did not seem too bad at all either.
Are you sure your not confusing IWA with AWF and the title being an Australian one and it being called International Assault?

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
Only one I've heard of and have seen is Snake Pit Pro Wrestling. It's out of Adelaide (sp?) South Australia (I think) and I'm pretty sure they run shows pretty regularly. I've personally seen a couple of their shows and thought they were pretty good. If I remember correct they also occasionally run a Royal Rumble type show.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Australian Wrestling Federation is the only one I am familiar with which is based around Sydney I believe. They seem okay.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MCW (Melbourne City Wrestling) run pretty regularly and have had in recent times Sonjay Dutt & Paul London. They feature some of the better workers in the Country on a regular basis.
Definitely going to check that out, cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts