Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
21,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think he's world title material. He's held every title there is to hold in TNA in a relatively short amount of time so the question that begs to be asked is: Do you see a world title run in the future for him?

·
2,775 Posts
I don't see it, but i'd love to see it. I honestly think the guy can hold his own on the mic, and he's the best mat worker they've got. I think he would make a good World Champion, however with guys like Jeff, Anderson, Pope, Abyss, AJ, Joe, Jarrett, Angle, Morgan and RVD I can't see it happening.

·
Premium Member
43,688 Posts
I don't see it, but he is a hell of a midcard talent and could do well.

Never noticed how close he was to being a Grand Slam Champion himself. Interesting. They could probably use that at some point.

·
Registered
340 Posts
would love to see AJ win the title sometime in 2011 then feud with Williams later in the year. just have AJ doing all he can to make sure he remains the only grandslam champ while Williams makes it his goal to become grandslam champ before he is past it

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
No, he's a solid midcard worker and tag worker but has no main event potential. I'd prefer to see Magnus get the push he's getting right now.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
He's a very solid hand. I don't know about him main eventing any time soon. I'd like to see him in long matches against people other than Styles. Styles gave him everything Sunday, and they delivered a great match. He's clearly coming along, but he had a lot of help performing at that level.

Meanwhile if you just want them to wrestle each other for the rest of the year in main events, I won't complain...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
i think you're counting it wrong and besides even if the matches were good, no build up.
Do you know how the TV title works? It almost never has any build in any organization. And yes it's six defenses

Rob Terry (Terry's rematch)
Brian Kendrick
Pope
Rhino and RVD
Stevie Richards
Douglas Williams

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just hope Douglas defends it more than AJ did..

They had AJ talk like he would be defending every week and every PPV only to have like 3 title defenses in 4 months.
Agreed,I'm a big fan of Doug and as much as I'd love to see him in the ME scene there really isn't any room in TNA atm with their already bloated me scene for him.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
im the biggest Human Torture Device Anarchist supporter you can find but...

*sigh* "he's still got a long way to go..."

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
He's already 38 years old, hes not bad on teh mic or in the ring but I don't see him getting any "better" to become a world champion. They should push younger guys to that spot and not push already older guys.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Absolutely

Why do people keep saying no he is a mid carder. TV belt is perfect for Midcard people in TNA. Or just filling someone in with a belt.Well they dont have the World belt.

TV belt can be one of the most legit belts. If its just used as the concept of a nonstop defending champion. Imagine holding it for 4 months and defending it week in and out.
Compared to the world belt defended 3 times with in 4 months.

He is a perfect TV champion. I just hope they make him be a defending champ a lot. He has a sweet finisher also. His wrestling style is a good fit for the belt.

His smarky comments on the mic are classic.

What more do people want.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I believe AJ lost the belt for 2 reasons. 1 they are going to split Fortune away from lame immortal turn them Face. AJ wins the World belt from Jeff. Then Kurt or Ken can turn Heel and fight with him.

Im calling it now.

Which works out Cus Wiliams is a good fit for the TV belt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts