Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, he turned face last night, If TNA does it right(doubt it), Williams could be what Benoit was in 2003-2004.

Have him win go for the tv-title and when he wins it, he will give it credibility as the official midcard-uppercard title belt.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What would I do:

AJ Styles(c) vs Douglas Williams, 3 Degrees Of Pain at Genesis for TV title, with Williams as winner.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
You do realise that EVERY winner of that belt has been referred to as the guy that could give it prestige lol. Well everyone that was Terry

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Doug Williams is more this generations Dean Malenko than Chris Benoit. I agree however that we are probably going to see Williams vs Styles for the TV Title. But the main feud I can see coming is Williams vs Kaz, similar to Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero in 1997.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do realise that EVERY winner of that belt has been referred to as the guy that could give it prestige lol. Well everyone that was Terry
If you notice the history of the WCW tv title, the top 6 guys who kept the belt the longest on their waist were technical wrestlers(AA,Steamboat,Regal,Blanchard, Rotunda,STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WCW_World_Television_Champions

Thats why I see Williams getting the TNA tv title, and the UK will celebrate.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Williams is by far TNA's best wrestler. He deserves the belt. I hope he wins it. It'd be good to see Immortal facing up to a bit of a crisis instead of burying everyone.

The thing I fear is Williams is forgotten and just a pawn to get Immortal over even more.

Immortal needs credible opponents. There's only Joe, Angle, Anderson and maybe Morgan at the moment.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
If it happens at the end of Impact and runs into Reaction while on the Extreme channel, UK won't see it

Hopefully I enjoy this Impact though. Still got a day to go

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Is it time to teach you how to Douglas?

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I hope DW takes the title off Styles. I'm tired of Styles having the belt and just using it as some sort of prop.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm not sold on his face turn being real. It's possibly a swerve by Fortune. Morgan gets to pick his own referee now and Douglas is his most likely option now. So Fortune could have set it up that way on purpose.

If Morgan had Flair calling the ppv match he would be alert and watching Flair for tricks. With a sleeper Douglas that he now trusts calling the match the Hardy win is guaranteed. Plus it sets up a fued of Douglas vs Morgan and gets him away from the world title.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm not sold on his face turn being real. It's possibly a swerve by Fortune. Morgan gets to pick his own referee now and Douglas is his most likely option now. So Fortune could have set it up that way on purpose.

If Morgan had Flair calling the ppv match he would be alert and watching Flair for tricks. With a sleeper Douglas that he now trusts calling the match the Hardy win is guaranteed. Plus it sets up a fued of Douglas vs Morgan and gets him away from the world title.
Nice to know not everybody read spoilers

·
Registered
937 Posts
Doug Williams is more this generations Dean Malenko than Chris Benoit. I agree however that we are probably going to see Williams vs Styles for the TV Title. But the main feud I can see coming is Williams vs Kaz, similar to Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero in 1997.
As soon as those guys give and take 5 dragon suplexes, 3 moves nobody has ever seen and head butt in the face from the top in one match. Then they can be those guys!

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
I could sense a kinda..."monster" isn't the word I'm looking for but...bad ass face run coming for him.

Whether or not he can pull it off, being such a natural heel, is yet to be seen.

As people have said, he's comfortably TNA's wrestler of the year and should rightly become the IWC darling.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
As people have said, he's comfortably TNA's wrestler of the year and should rightly become the IWC darling.
I'd like to know who your dealer is....:rolleyes:

Doug Williams and wrestler of the year should never be used in the same sentence, and I have the ultimate respect for him. I think Williams (if pushed right) could be huge in TNA, but he's nowhere near that status. I can't remember a great match he's put on in TNA, he's had tons of solid matches on the undercard.

Angle's matches > Doug's matches

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Angle/Williams was great, could have been 5 star had it been given twenty minutes.

I can also refer you to a lot of Doug's matches as X Division champion, as well as ones during his time as Tag Team Champion.

Want me to go on?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Doug Williams and wrestler of the year should never be used in the same sentence, and I have the ultimate respect for him. I think Williams (if pushed right) could be huge in TNA, but he's nowhere near that status. I can't remember a great match he's put on in TNA, he's had tons of solid matches on the undercard.

Angle's matches > Doug's matches
Personally, I think that if D-Will's matches got the same amount of length and hype that Angle's matches get, he could easily hold his own. Both are phenomenal wrestlers who can make almost any match a good match regardless of the length, stipulation, or opponent. Doug's got a technical edge on Angle, though.

You're right on one thing, Doug isn't a main-eventer.....but this is TNA, they might as well give him a shot, he's about the same age as RVD...........

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Angle/Williams was great, could have been 5 star had it been given twenty minutes.

I can also refer you to a lot of Doug's matches as X Division champion, as well as ones during his time as Tag Team Champion.

Want me to go on?
Please do, I like Williams but nobody cared about the X-Division when he was champ and nobody gave two shits when British Invasion were tag champs.

Williams is a very good wrestler who puts on solid matches, but he should never main event in a major wrestling promotion and he's not even in the top 5 wrestlers in the world imo.

1. Angle
2. Danielson
3. Wolfe
4. Jericho
5. AJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts