Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 444 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
It's a booster. That happens with vaccines. It happens with the regular flu and many people don't get that.

This isn't new. Vaccines and boosters aren't new. Getting either being your choice isn't new.

Jesus Christ.

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
The insanity in a nutshell.

A play on Abbott & Costello’s famous skit “Who’s on first base.” …

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
Cool more supply for the rest of us.
Yes but people not getting vaccinated in the first place is what's causing this situation with the variants. This will endanger even the vaccinated, particularly long covid sufferers, of which there are many.

Let's be clear, even though you can still get and transmit covid if you are double vaccinated, your chances of having serious symptoms and being hospitalized is MUCH lower than if you are totally unvaccinated and get covid. Too many articles lately have lead with a totally misleading headline on this front and it is driving antivax retardation.

As long as a significant number of people refuse to comply, we are going to stay in this cycle of new strains and need new vaccine shots. Meanwhile, people who have been physically ravaged by covid are going to be at extreme risk with these new variants.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Yes but people not getting vaccinated in the first place is what's causing this situation with the variants. This will endanger even the vaccinated, particularly long covid sufferers, of which there are many.

Let's be clear, even though you can still get and transmit covid if you are double vaccinated, your chances of having serious symptoms and being hospitalized is MUCH lower than if you are totally unvaccinated and get covid. Too many articles lately have lead with a totally misleading headline on this front and it is driving antivax retardation.

As long as a significant number of people refuse to comply, we are going to stay in this cycle of new strains and need new vaccine shots. Meanwhile, people who have been physically ravaged by covid are going to be at extreme risk with these new variants.
We are totally fked either way. These idiots not wanting to vaccinate gives us a shot at preventing variants by lowering the price for developing countries to vaccinate their people. Give the supply to the people that want it.

The human race is fked anyway with how this pandemic politicized vaccines and medical care. American right-wing libertarianism or whatever bs they are rebranding to is going to add so much more costs to healthcare around the world with this needless skepticism just to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The insanity in a nutshell.

A play on Abbott & Costello’s famous skit “Who’s on first base.” …

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.
Are you serious? The intent is to reduce risk. Neither the vaccine, nor masks, are 100% effective in reducing risk. Vaccines definitely work, masks might work, ergo to reduce risk to the lowest possible level you have both.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Its not a vaccine, its a gene therapy that literally alters your DNA and makes you a G.M.O. And its obviously not even very good at that, since it needs to be re-upped every 6 months.
Oh well, thats why I got the J&J (which is a true vaccine) because it doesn't need extra shots.

Just look at what's going on in Australia and ask yourself if you would live like that

Yeah you get yearly shots for the flu ..but this is gonna become a every few month shot ..already evidence the protection drops after that time ...plus new varieties of the virus
Yearly flu shot? I thought only old or sickly people got those.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Its not a vaccine, its a gene therapy that literally alters your DNA and makes you a G.M.O. And its obviously not even very good at that, since it needs to be re-upped every 6 months.
Oh well, thats why I got the J&J (which is a true vaccine) because it doesn't need extra shots.
Pfizer/Moderna are mRNA vaccines. It isn't gene therapy. You won't be a GMO. Get the vaccination, boosters, whatever, and get on and live your life. It is perverse to not take advantage of what science can do. Equally, there's no point in us getting vaccinated if we're going to live in fear of variants forever and continue to isolate.

5,111 Posts

I agree with CP? This never happens. Wow...

Anyway, I'm all for boosters, in part because I'm not afraid of vaccines, or flu shots for that matter, and in part because unless I get one I may be traped in Canada. There are a lot of places, both cruise ships and entire countries, where I'm not considered fully vaxxed because I have one shot each of Pfizer and Moderna, just like thousands of people in my city alone.

What??!? Not this again ... Ok, quotes from the authors of the study that led to this mindset:

A major reason for the charged emotions regarding this study stems from the wider debate about whether mRNA vaccines could similarly integrate into human DNA with potentially deleterious consequences.

Foxman said, “A controversial result such as this one can be important in motivating new areas of research that ultimately lead to big discoveries. However, it would be a mistake to over-interpret this paper as having significance for patient care or vaccines in the current pandemic.”

“There is absolutely no reason to believe that any of the vaccine mRNA is doing the same thing. The viral spike protein mRNA is a tiny piece. Vaccines are not inducing LINE element RTs,” said Young. “Vaccines are protecting against the possibility of long-term seriously debilitating diseases or death.”

“We welcome scientific discussions, not politically motivated distortions,” said Jaenisch.

source

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Pfizer/Moderna are mRNA vaccines. It isn't gene therapy. You won't be a GMO. Get the vaccination, boosters, whatever, and get on and live your life. It is perverse to not take advantage of what science can do. Equally, there's no point in us getting vaccinated if we're going to live in fear of variants forever and continue to isolate.
You don't know what you are talking about. I have the graduate degree in biology. Let me see yours...

An mRNA vaccine literally splices a bit of its genetic material into the DNA of every single one of your cells (a form of gene therapy). So from that point forward, until the day you die, all of your cells will continue to produce the Covid protein. So yes in fact you do become a Genetically Modified Organism. But my main question is what effect does a lifetime of your body producing the new protein have on that body? No one has any idea what the results could be. There certainly isn't any data.

I had Covid twice (got slight migraines) and took the Jansen vaccine to get my card (and had the same migraine again) so I'm done with shots. And I'm certainly not worrying about Covid.

1 - 20 of 444 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.