Wrestling Forum banner

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
The Awards

MVP - Odo
Lead town from start to finish, directed roles and his status as obvious town was never seriously in question. A few missteps towards the end (e.g. Rugrat lynch) but overall a strong performance worthy of his standing in the community.

HM - Laughable Chimp
Repped in and ended up making a far bigger impact than most would've expected. Decent presence in the thread, and of course the clutch jailkeep N3, which ruined any chances Jam might have had to turn the game on its head.

HM - Poyser
Set himself up for a good game by playing the early phases very carefully. Unfortunately outing scum with his role turned out to be his undoing as he drew the only Strongman shot scum had towards himself. We would have loved to have some more fun with his alternative win condition but it wasn't meant to be. Did a decent job playing Odos stumpy wingman after his death.

Closing thoughts
This game had a general idea of doing something against the widespread domination of scum teams in this section. Town had a clear numbers advantage, as well as probably one or two protective roles too many. The SK had a secondary win condition. Also I wanted to try giving players less investigative roles to play with to make for less boring info phases. I have to say I quite like the result. The SK was looking good until a Strongman shot ended his game. The scum team was plagued by all kinds of bad luck - Skybox drawing the only scum character without an easily claimable role and getting lynched d1, the extra poison shot whiffing against the Commuter, the Character Cop somewhat randomly exposing a fake claim, having to deal with two rep-ins, the list goes on - but despite that Jam would have had a real chance of turning the game around from a 11/1 split l, were it not for Chimps final JK shot exposing him.

Thanks a lot to everybody for playing, I hope you enjoyed yourselves, because I sure did. Special thanks for the overall way more friendly atmosphere than previous game, and once again congratulations to the winners. See you next game!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,863
I have a question: How come I didn't see Chimp's action when he jailkept Jam...I obviously looked dumb AF when I called out Chimp for lying after that but I read this somewhere that indicated I would have seen the action:

A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill (regardless of who they target), and does not prevent other players from targeting their target with non-killing actions (e.g. if a Watcher and Jailkeeper target the same player, the Watcher will see the Jailkeeper's action)
I thought it best to basically make the JK a Rolestopper+Roleblocker in this game, because flavour wise the Outworld Devourer sends his target to a different dimension for a short time. Just makes sense for absolutely nothing to affect the jailkept person in that state.

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Until recently I thought the JK that blocked and stopped actions being used on them was standard :side:

tbh it makes sense. THEY IN JAIL
I always thought it was the other way around tbh
Standard JK has always pretty much been you're bodyguarded but you can't use your role. It doesn't normally stop you from getting copped or anything like that

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the game Tweet.

I have no idea why I decided my tree references had to be in 18th century English but hey.

Fuck Poyser though. I dropped the whole post about being "stumped" and he just screws with my witty code-language by saying "oh you're the guy who stumped me." LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi friends, do any of you still play Dota2? I need some help, I hope there is someone here who will be able to help me. I have been playing Dota for some time, I decided to try to get a mmr boost to my Dota account. Has any of you done this before? Do game rules allow that? I am afraid that there will be no problems afterward or I will be blocked for reasons that I have broken some rules. Thank you for any advice.

·
That's the way it has to be
1,124 Posts
I recently install dota 2 on my computer and i get at some point out of game during the game and i cant alt tab back i have to close it via task manager and reopen it, i was getting meesage Display driver stop responding and recovered.
However, in last 3 days, i got 2 blue screens, i instal that bsod check last time so if someone could help me out to read it please would be really helpful.
I dont reall play other games at the moment so i dont know if it would happen on others.
Hey, you want to play Mafia? I doubt you do, but we'd like new players.

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts