Wrestling Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1873 Posts

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Btw my only criticisms of the setup:

town had too much protection again, but the poison was a good way to navigate that I guess

I’m not sure wtf smark was supposed to claim. You made bodyguard an untenable claim

the Indy being the strongest investigative role :heston it’s a good perk for the sk especially when any character can be any alignment but you should’ve had town have something too. Both so they don’t have to rely on me and also to cast doubt on my claim because after mass claim I’m never getting lynched there (especially after catching scum)

was a good effort tho; they are pretty minor gripes and on the whole it was a really well designed game

·
In the bleak midwinter ....
1,927 Posts
yeah, having a scum bg and an even night town bg wasnt smart lol (junks role was a bg in form and function)

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Also the numbers were stacked against scum lol (just reading dead qt), the split was pretty standard but scum should probably have had the double voter. Problem with that is tho it’s a bit predictable

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
Remaining player roles:

Jeffatron has conquered his enemies...
Hello and Welcome to Dota 2 Mafia!

You are Tresdin, the Legion Commander - Radiant Aligned
Role: Day 3 - 1x Duelist

"When the time is right, we will strike!"

Tresdin is the fearless commander of the Bronze Legion of Stonehall. When the city came under attack by abyssal demons, Tresdin was able to turn the tide of battle in the Legion's favour by defeating their general in one-on-one combat, demoralizing the foe and ushering in the Legion's victory.

The Legion commander is capable of dealing with great numbers of enemies as well as single heroes equally well. Her trademark ability allows her to initiate a duel between her and an enemy hero, the winner of which will gain permanent bonus damage.
You start the game as a Vanilla Townie, but at the start of day 3 you will gain one shot of the Duelist role. You may start dueling another player by bolding "Duel [Player]" in the thread. A duel can only be initiated if at least 6 hours remain in the current dayphase.
Running alongside the day's usual lynching votes, the other players will be able to cast seperate votes on who (you or your opponent) should win the duel. The duel will end either if one of you gets voted to win via majority vote, or once the current dayphase ends (either via lynch or deadline), in which case the player with more votes to their name will win. In the event of a draw, nobody dies and the following day you gain another Duelist shot.
The loser of the duel faces death.

You win the game if all threats to The Radiant are eliminated.

Ace Dalton has cut down all of the evil trees...

You are Rizzrack, the Timbersaw - Radiant Aligned
Role: Post Restriction, 2x Stumpifier

"You're with the trees aren't you!?"

Rizzrack is an inventor whose hometown had been flooded and then attacked by all manners of plants, roots and living trees, which clearly took a toll on his mind. After experiencing the horrors that the tree creatures were capable of, Rizzrack built himself a metal suit equipped with all sorts of tools intended to slice, hack and cut the trees until they finally leave his home as well as his mind in peace.

The Timbersaw possesses a skillset that is somewhat ironically reliant on the presence of trees nearby, as they allow him to deal additional damage as well as drastically improve his mobility.
In this game, you will be made to experience a glimpse of the terrors that Rizzrack has had to live through. There is a Post Restriction in place, requiring you to act as if you are being chased, attacked or otherwise haunted by trees and having gone somewhat insane, paranoid and distrustful of others because of it. At the very, very least you are required to divide players you talk to or about into trees (scum) and non-trees. Do try to be creative with this one, if you need help or ideas, check this link.
If you fail to acknowledge the presence of the trees or the danger they pose to you as much as three times during the course of this game, the trees will win as they come and get you, i.e. you will be modkilled.
Besides this post restriction, once per night, up to twice during the course of this game, you may target a player to stumpify, adding the "Stump" role to their already existing roles. A Stump will be able to keep on posting in the game thread even after they are dead, but will be unable to vote or use roles.

Odos vengeance is complete...

You are Shendelzare, the Vengeful Spirit - Radiant Aligned
Role: Vengeful Townie, Odd Night Bus Driver

"My name is Vengeance..."

Once a princess of the airborne Skywrath race, Shendelzare was betrayed by one of her sisters and forced to abandon her majestic wings. Humiliated and unable to return to her home in the clouds, Shendelzare offered her broken body to the goddess of vengeance, in order for her spirit to become an avatar that will not fade until revenge has been exacted.

The Vengeful Spirit is a versatile hero whose skillset makes her excel at kill hunting and debilitating foes even beyond her own death. Her trademark ability allows her to instantly swap her position on the battlefield with that of another hero.
In this game, you will be allowed to swap people's positions as you see fit. During every odd night, you may target two players, switching their positions and making night actions aimed at them affect the other player instead.
On top of that, should the other players decide to lynch you, you can choose to kill one of the players involved in your lynch by bolding "Kill [Player]" in the game thread before your flip is posted. Activating this role is not mandatory.

The Dark Moon Clan celebrates Raikkonen's victory...

You are Luna, the Moon Rider - Radiant Aligned
Role: 3x Watcher

"The night sees all..."

Luna was once the commander of an army of men and beasts, but one day she ended up on the losing side of battle, her army decimated and herself being forced to retreat by foot. While travelling through a thick forest at night, Luna suddenly found herself in the middle of a ritual to join the Dark Moon clan and ultimately decided to start a new life and pledge loyalty to their goddess.

The Moon Rider is a hero adept at dismantling groups of enemies using bouncing glaives and moonfire beams to smite her opponents. She is also one of the few heroes to have a better sight radius during nighttime than during day.
In this game, your superior night vision will allow you to watch what the other players are up to. Once per night, up to three times during the course of this game, you may target a player to see who else has visited the targeted player that night.

Alco won, and nobody saw it coming...

You are Riki, the Stealth Assassin - Radiant Aligned
Role: 2x Commuter

"If you can see me, you're already dead."

Riki used to be a prince of the Tahlin dynasty, and has spent a great amount of time developing the ability to turn invisible at will. When one night his family was betrayed and slaughtered, he alone survived due to the abilities he cultivated, and ever since that night, he has begun using his skills to make a living as an assassin, slitting throats and stabbing backs before immediately returning to the shadows.

The Stealth Assassin is an infamous hero known for his trademark ability of being permanently invisible while he is not attacking another unit. He is small and nimble and infuriatingly difficult to catch.
Your stealthy ways allow you to commute, making you almost literally disappear from the game for an entire night phase, up to two times during the course of this game. Doing so will render you immune to all actions targeting you during the night that you choose to commute. You cannot commute on two consecutive nights.

Laughable Chimp was a bad omen for his foes...

You are Harbinger, the Outworld Devourer - Radiant Aligned
Role: 3x Jailkeeper

"Good news travels slowly, bad news has wings."

Harbinger is the last survivor of an ancient race of sentries who were tasked with watching the heavens for signs of bad omens to potentially befall the world. A sense of impending doom has compelled Harbinger to take to the battlefield where incidentally he himself is a sign of bad times to come.

The Outworld Devourer aims to stack huge amounts of Mana and Intelligence, increasing his damaging capabilities accordingly. He is also capable of placing units into an astral prison they cannot escape from for a short time.
Once per night, up to three times during the course of this game, you can imprison a player of your choice, rendering them immune to all actions directed at them (except for this one) as well as blocking all actions they seek to perform during that night.

·
Steady as she goes
5,262 Posts
I have a question: How come I didn't see Chimp's action when he jailkept Jam...I obviously looked dumb AF when I called out Chimp for lying after that but I read this somewhere that indicated I would have seen the action:

A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill (regardless of who they target), and does not prevent other players from targeting their target with non-killing actions (e.g. if a Watcher and Jailkeeper target the same player, the Watcher will see the Jailkeeper's action)

·
In the bleak midwinter ....
1,927 Posts
theres just different variants of the jailkeeper. Some stop the use of non lethal actions, some are just a bodyguard / roleblocker hybrid

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Thoughts on my shots? I thought I used them rather well to take out POE suspects.
Ya they were fine. Being vig isn’t always about hitting scum (tho one would be nice :side:) I probably would’ve shot jam over lethal because of the JK but if you’re clearing the POE pool then they’re fine

1841 - 1860 of 1873 Posts