Wrestling Forum banner
201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
Bro what rock you living under. You know how many endless interviews where people said they became tna fans because of Sting or Hogan or whoever else. People always making shit up instead of seeing,hearing and knowing the facts from real people that present it to us.

Clearly you were either not a tna fan or a casual that didn't follow its journey and all the ins and outs of it from the start like others have.

of course it gained tractions as some new promotion that was around after wcw died but it didnt attract a lot of people for a while. They lowly gained some fans but even by then they had hired people like kurt angle. That being said the times have changed and there is no wrestling power anymore so now i think aew need to focus on people that are over. Entirely different situation as it was build from the ground up with a top of the line production

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just hate dumb. There are plenty of indy shows I have liked, but the trend over the past 15 years or so is to do more and more goofy stuff just to get a few people talking. The guys who put on shows that feature invisible men, imaginary hand grenades, and guys playing pocket pool give indy shows a bad name. The problem is that that is very common in most indy shows now.

I liked the bingo hall, cheap feel of ECW, so I do not need the corporate, polished feel for it to be a good show. I just hate that most indy feds feel the need to do dumb things to get any buzz.

I would never watch Garbage Can Wrestling though. That mess is just untrained dudes hurting themselves.
As opposed to Sandman and Balls Mahoney?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Bro what rock you living under. You know how many endless interviews where people said they became tna fans because of Sting or Hogan or whoever else. People always making shit up instead of seeing,hearing and knowing the facts from real people that present it to us.

Clearly you were either not a tna fan or a casual that didn't follow its journey and all the ins and outs of it from the start like others have.

of course it gained tractions as some new promotion that was around after wcw died but it didnt attract a lot of people for a while. They lowly gained some fans but even by then they had hired people like kurt angle. That being said the times have changed and there is no wrestling power anymore so now i think aew need to focus on people that are over. Entirely different situation as it was build from the ground up with a top of the line production
what made Tna unique? The X division it was something we never seen before, plenty will tell you that matches between Daniels , AJ and Joe made them fans, yes it was cool seeing Christian Cage as a ME talent and Angle arrival, but when they rehashed the The wolfpac as the band ffs it pissed plenty off then Hogan came in and killed it and not in a good way.

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
Why do people have a irrational hatred for indy wrestling here?
The first thing people do when they talk about anything bad about any of the wrestlers is that they are indie tier mudlaw garbage. Face it, there's an appeal to popularity present on these boards. If we're talking food analogies, to people in this board shit is only good if it is a multi millionaire chain restaurant with joints all over the world.

I'll give Chipp something because he being a indie booker has the pass, but whats the last time people here watched a genuine indie show? Do people here even watch the bigger indie like the occasional Bloodsport or just GCW as a whole?

Of course that is factual for promotions in North American but you or I or no one else have a clue what his business is like in auzz. That being said it doesn't somehow make him a better booker than Tony or whatever else claim because we don't have facts. I'm neither backing him or hatu
what made Tna unique? The X division it was something we never seen before, plenty will tell you that matches between Daniels , AJ and Joe made them fans, yes it was cool seeing Christian Cage as a ME talent and Angle arrival, but when they rehashed the The wolfpac as the band ffs it pissed plenty off then Hogan came in and killed it and not in a good way.
I was a dyr hard fan, x division was nothing that we haven't seen before. Of focused it was great but that is not what somehow magical grew that promotion. Another delusional that doesn't habe a clue what they are talking about. If you actually knew the facts you would know Hogan had absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact TNA has an amazing vision following the end of the big talent days in tna. 2015 non of these people were around and tna was still doing it'd thing. Fools that hear nonsense online about someone and believe it. Same shit has happened with politics the past 2 years.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Of course that is factual for promotions in North American but you or I or no one else have a clue what his business is like in auzz. That being said it doesn't somehow make him a better booker than Tony or whatever else claim because we don't have facts. I'm neither backing him or hatu

I was a dyr hard fan, x division was nothing that we haven't seen before. Of focused it was great but that is not what somehow magical grew that promotion. Another delusional that doesn't habe a clue what they are talking about. If you actually knew the facts you would know Hogan had absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact TNA has an amazing vision following the end of the big talent days in tna. 2015 non of these people were around and tna was still doing it'd thing. Fools that hear nonsense online about someone and believe it. Same shit has happened with politics the past 2 years.
no I watched TNA religiously no need to fucking insult

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
4,165 Posts
Why do you feel the need to belittle someone and personally attack them? "You only run one restaurant, why are you not McDonald's?"

Well, I dunno about you, but I hate chain restaurants that serve their cookie cutter cardboard. The attention a local restaurant gets from its owner is very underrated. Unless you want everything to be public company PC all the time. How boring.
Only Chip gets the special attention I don't lash out at just every person here. I think brad boyd's caught some random beef with me once when I came on here drunk once but that's it.

Generally I'd rather make people laugh then cry but with chip I'm consistent lol.

Hes so fucking entitled its hilarious to me

5,111 Posts
Look at statistics of what shows and movies still sell. It's all typical stereo type stuff. No fake narrative movements no nerd fest. Just because drinking is down in real life it doesn't reflect what sells. Like the few idiots saying the joker movie is wrong. Almost 1.5 billion in reviews from happy customers says hello.
Are you telling me that superhero/supervillain movies are not nerdy, 'cause if so, well, I have some sad news for you.

You can claim all you want about attitude being dated ...
The people who were in the prime demographic during the AE years are on the less desirable edge of the most sought-after demo now. Entertainment isn't going to be geared to that age group in 2021. Getting old sucks, as it always has.

... but in reality that type of thing is worse than ever right now in society. There is this fake media narrative being pushed around and that's all it is. Go to Instagram if you want to see exactly what reality is. People are more crazy, weird, wild,fucked up, sexual than ever before. That being said we don't need to apply that to wrestling.
No they aren't. People were always like this, but now social media gives everyone a platform to share with the world what used to be exchanged among friends and via underground means. Or in nightlife/party scenes - the world didn't have a window into everyone's private life before, that's all.

Just saying that people defending this have no grasp on what sells.No one cares if alcoholic Consumption is down. So is smoking but it doesn't stop people from enjoying seeing a compelling characters in a movie smoke.
Actually, I could haul up countless social media posts showing the opposite, that people don't relate to characters smoking unless it's an exaggerated part of an already larger-than-life persona, but what would that accomplish? Drinking and smoking do not make a character 'cool' today. The days when that sort of rebellion was admired, and when it was considered rebellious, are long gone. Modern kids are pretty reliable, and a lot look down on people who are drunk fuck ups wrecking their lungs smoking and not planning long-term. Like I said, a culture shift.

The younger they are, the more folks are aware of gender issues, racism (overt and subtle) and other subjects that used to be easier to make jokes about. You can still joke about that stuff, but it has to be done from a position of power, not privilege (more on that in a bit) or else a lot of viewers will complain and, in many cases, rightfully so.

I prefer my comedy to have a social commentary bite to it, so I'm not going to want to see pandering junk, but at the same time, I don't have a need to just laugh at someone who's ugly or disabled, for instance. Just the state of being either of those things isn't funny; there's humour to be found in both, but it's about the situations that arise from that life, not just pointing and laughing at the butterface. Too much wrestling humour in the past relied on the point and laugh technique which is widely seen as both dated and low-class. Does this make any sense? I feel like I'm rambling as I don't know how to exactly phrase what I mean.

Plenty of more nerds sitting at home and you wanna claim these types wanna watch watch people like them, Simply not true. Same nonsense is being said that women are not portrayed as sex objects when in reality it's being pushed by themselves more than ever.
Those among us who choose to open something like an Onlyfans are deciding how to present themselves. it's exploitation from a position of control and power rather than from being controlled, but that may be a hard concept to get across to anyone who hasn't personally experienced sexual dynamics from anything but a cis-male perspective. Just trust me on this, it's not the same when a woman advertises her body as it is when someone else advertises it for her.

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
Are you telling me that superhero/supervillain movies are not nerdy, 'cause if so, well, I have some sad news for you.

The people who were in the prime demographic during the AE years are on the less desirable edge of the most sought-after demo now. Entertainment isn't going to be geared to that age group in 2021. Getting old sucks, as it always has.

No they aren't. People were always like this, but now social media gives everyone a platform to share with the world what used to be exchanged among friends and via underground means. Or in nightlife/party scenes - the world didn't have a window into everyone's private life before, that's all.

Actually, I could haul up countless social media posts showing the opposite, that people don't relate to characters smoking unless it's an exaggerated part of an already larger-than-life persona, but what would that accomplish? Drinking and smoking do not make a character 'cool' today. The days when that sort of rebellion was admired, and when it was considered rebellious, are long gone. Modern kids are pretty reliable, and a lot look down on people who are drunk fuck ups wrecking their lungs smoking and not planning long-term. Like I said, a culture shift.

The younger they are, the more folks are aware of gender issues, racism (overt and subtle) and other subjects that used to be easier to make jokes about. You can still joke about that stuff, but it has to be done from a position of power, not privilege (more on that in a bit) or else a lot of viewers will complain and, in many cases, rightfully so.

I prefer my comedy to have a social commentary bite to it, so I'm not going to want to see pandering junk, but at the same time, I don't have a need to just laugh at someone who's ugly or disabled, for instance. Just the state of being either of those things isn't funny; there's humour to be found in both, but it's about the situations that arise from that life, not just pointing and laughing at the butterface. Too much wrestling humour in the past relied on the point and laugh technique which is widely seen as both dated and low-class. Does this make any sense? I feel like I'm rambling as I don't know how to exactly phrase what I mean.

Those among us who choose to open something like an Onlyfans are deciding how to present themselves. it's exploitation from a position of control and power rather than from being controlled, but that may be a hard concept to get across to anyone who hasn't personally experienced sexual dynamics from anything but a cis-male perspective. Just trust me on this, it's not the same when a woman advertises her body as it is when someone else advertises it for her.
im not going to respond to a million quotes because you clearly dont get what im saying. DId i say somehow all superhero movies are not nerdy ? i was not even trying to talk about hero movies but happened to use joker as an example of something that is not nerdy.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Attitude era wasn't aggressive considering you had an old bitch giving birth to a hand and a dude named sexual chocolate dealing with a transvestite. If you can talk about dark order you can talk about that silly wwe bullshit. You "WWE fans" and "anti-aew fans" have selective memory.
I'm not a WWE fan and that "old bitch" had more testosterone than the whole AEW roster combined.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Jarrett was also a nationally known name who had a main event run in WCW and had been on national TV for over a decade by the time he took on Monty Brown.
I can't agree with you, bro. JJ not willing to lose the strap to young blood killed careers and damaged TNA forever. Because he was a second rate hillbilly and should never have been THE guy for any sort of promotion. What he did was worse than what WCW did.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Why do people have a irrational hatred for indy wrestling here?
The first thing people do when they talk about anything bad about any of the wrestlers is that they are indie tier mudlaw garbage. Face it, there's an appeal to popularity present on these boards. If we're talking food analogies, to people in this board shit is only good if it is a multi millionaire chain restaurant with joints all over the world.

I'll give Chipp something because he being a indie booker has the pass, but whats the last time people here watched a genuine indie show? Do people here even watch the bigger indie like the occasional Bloodsport or just GCW as a whole?
Because current indy wrestling is all comedy and spot monkeys. You don't learn to do things the right way.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,064 Posts
This is exactly why I did not want Bryan versus Hangman. Making him fight every member of the Dork Order puts him in the same boat as Punk on Rampage. No one gives a fuck about this shit.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
14,696 Posts
I can't agree with you, bro. JJ not willing to lose the strap to young blood killed careers and damaged TNA forever. Because he was a second rate hillbilly and should never have been the THE guy for any sort of promotion. What he did was worse than what WCW did.
Cody always gives me JJ vibes. Huge chip on his shoulder.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts