Wrestling Forum banner
181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
We are talking about the Dork Order not anything else.

Yea towards men with more testosterone which I was a part of. lol Back then it was frat boys comedy, now it's homeless geek comedy.

Do They?

Yet there's never been less people that watch wrestling in history! Maybe they should focus on the base first! lol

If you want to compete with videogames, with MMA, with Game of Thrones, with Vikings, that's not how you do it. The Attitude Era was much closer to the agrressive nature of all that entertaiment. Dork Order sure isn't it.
Attitude era wasn't aggressive considering you had an old bitch giving birth to a hand and a dude named sexual chocolate dealing with a transvestite. If you can talk about dark order you can talk about that silly wwe bullshit. You "WWE fans" and "anti-aew fans" have selective memory.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,136 Posts
but but but they get pops when they come out with hangman. That so counts dont it
The Dark Order still get pops without having Adam Page around though.

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
4,165 Posts
I'm in the business and so are others on here. You bring up a solid point that the majority are not in the business and aren't "inside" but those people are still allowed to care about the business workings and insider stuff especially when WWE has legitimately made documentaries about the business side of wrestling.
You're not in the business you're a Carney with a regional promotion my guy......you're an armchair quarterback coaching peewee football......just stop

·
Registered
536 Posts
Because he was only massively over to the 900 people that filled the Impact Zone every fortnight. TNA was booking for a national audience.
lol! Monty Brown was a ex NFL linebacker, JJ was midcarder from WCW and WWE who nobody particularly cared for his TNA run was as bad as HHH reign of terror, TNA was on the rise they had a tv deal in the uk on ITV people were taking notice and were enjoying fresh new stars, nobody want The same old shit

·
Premium Member
The King Of Rants
11,276 Posts
lol! Monty Brown was a ex NFL linebacker, JJ was midcarder from WCW and WWE who nobody particularly cared for his TNA run was as bad as HHH reign of terror, TNA was on the rise they had a tv deal in the uk on ITV people were taking notice and were enjoying fresh new stars, nobody want The same old shit
Jarrett was also a nationally known name who had a main event run in WCW and had been on national TV for over a decade by the time he took on Monty Brown.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Seeing the Dork Order for 20 seconds is all anyone would need to see of them before being inclined to turn the channel bro. Its not like if they watched AEW from inception like they would grow to be fans of Dork Order once they knew their full story, just the visual image of those clowns would turn any person with any decent taste in good tv away.

Lol normal group of wrestlers? seriously? you got Uno a big dumpy fat guy in a leather outfit with a mask with a big goofy smile with teeth on it, one guy in a pair of skin tight white jeans and wearing a weird joker esque mask whos called 10, you got a dwarf, you got everyone else who just looks like no nothing indy bums who have no distinct look at all and just look like an ocean of indy jobbers.

If his cousins just saw Hangman Page by himself come out with a beer in hand and do his usual schtick they'd have likely watched the full segment, cause they'd see a real looking cool relatable guy with the world title on his shoulder and be interested in hearing what he's got to say and what he does. But seeing a fucking clown show of freaks crowded in the ring presenting him, yeah thats gonna turn alot of casuals away.

When people turned on WWF and first saw it and saw someone like The Rock, or Austin, or Undertaker they'd be intrigued to see more of those guys. When you turn it on AEW and see a group of misfit goofy losers in goofy masks that look like local jobbers who the fuck would stick around and watch?
If you're happy with people seeing 20 seconds of a product, passing immediate judgement on the whole company based on the handful of people they see in that 20 seconds, and then mocking it based on zero knowledge or any time actually spent watching, that's fine. I guess it's OK when it serves your own weirdly strong anti-AEW opinions.

But the fact is, if someone make the exact same post about their friends seeing the opening of RAW, seeing Riddle's goofy stoned face and bare feet, immediately saying "Nah" and then telling everyone that all of WWE is dogshit, I think you'd have a way different opinion on this.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
14,696 Posts
You're not in the business you're a Carney with a regional promotion my guy......you're an armchair quarterback coaching peewee football......just stop
Why do you feel the need to belittle someone and personally attack them? "You only run one restaurant, why are you not McDonald's?"

Well, I dunno about you, but I hate chain restaurants that serve their cookie cutter cardboard. The attention a local restaurant gets from its owner is very underrated. Unless you want everything to be public company PC all the time. How boring.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Why do you feel the need to belittle someone and personally attack them? "You only run one restaurant, why are you not McDonald's?"

Well, I dunno about you, but I hate chain restaurants that serve their cookie cutter cardboard. The attention a local restaurant gets from its owner is very underrated. Unless you want everything to be public company PC all the time. How boring.
Why do people have a irrational hatred for indy wrestling here?
The first thing people do when they talk about anything bad about any of the wrestlers is that they are indie tier mudlaw garbage. Face it, there's an appeal to popularity present on these boards. If we're talking food analogies, to people in this board shit is only good if it is a multi millionaire chain restaurant with joints all over the world.

I'll give Chipp something because he being a indie booker has the pass, but whats the last time people here watched a genuine indie show? Do people here even watch the bigger indie like the occasional Bloodsport or just GCW as a whole?

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
14,696 Posts
Why do people have a irrational hatred for indy wrestling here?
The first thing people do when they talk about anything bad about any of the wrestlers is that they are indie tier mudlaw garbage. Face it, there's an appeal to popularity present on these boards. If we're talking food analogies, to people in this board shit is only good if it is a multi millionaire chain restaurant with joints all over the world.

I'll give Chipp something because he being a indie booker has the pass, but whats the last time people here watched a genuine indie show? Do people here even watch the bigger indie like the occasional Bloodsport or just GCW as a whole?
I just hate dumb. There are plenty of indy shows I have liked, but the trend over the past 15 years or so is to do more and more goofy stuff just to get a few people talking. The guys who put on shows that feature invisible men, imaginary hand grenades, and guys playing pocket pool give indy shows a bad name. The problem is that that is very common in most indy shows now.

I liked the bingo hall, cheap feel of ECW, so I do not need the corporate, polished feel for it to be a good show. I just hate that most indy feds feel the need to do dumb things to get any buzz.

I would never watch Garbage Can Wrestling though. That mess is just untrained dudes hurting themselves.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts