Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
I was surprised a how much I was emotionally affected by certain scenes. Funny as hell too.

I am curious about the lack of aging of the cast as a whole. I can understand it with Rita's regenerating, Negative Man's energy being, and Robotman's a brain in a metal body, so eventually his brain will deteriorate. The thing is Jane mentioned being there in the 70's and leaving which would suggest that she wasn't young then. Why hasn't she aged? Caulder should be way older but maybe he has used science to extend his life. I imagine the aging question might be addressed at some point.
That was my question she's been there since the 70's we need more info on her Crazy Jane's character no doubt. I loved this Episode, Robotman got so much shine in this. Fraser in Episode 1 clanging and banging in this motherfucker in one situation you're like this is karma, but then you see the accident and think that's fucked up. For sure I see him going to see his Daughter and it's going to be interesting if his Daughter accepts him.

Also I like what the fuck alot in this Episode, but the ending though.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Thank goodness Crazy Jane survived in this Episode, because I wasn't ready to let Diane Guerrero sexy's ass go for sure. Also thank goodness Rita and Negative Man put in some work because it got to the point where I was like fuck off with those two. They just want to hide the rest of their lives and do nothing for the person who gave them a home. They turned the corner on that and for that they were all able to get outta Mr.Nobody's Dimension. Clearly like Cyborg says he's afraid of what they could do, which is why he got into their fears to put fear in them Freddy Kruger like when you think about it.

Still a great Episode, they should of had this Episode wrapped together with Last week's yup. We saw character progression with all the Doom Patrol members which was great and I enjoyed Jane's the most, funny banter with Cyborg and Cliff, Negative Man's Spirit not letting him leave town and fight, Rita still thinking she's the shit, and Cyborg going his own way and starting to become his own man. I can't wait to see what we get next week!

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Let's all go to Fuchtopia aka Puppet Patrol was a very good Episode with some frustrating parts for me. Doom Patrol got info on the histories between of Mr.Nobody, Chief, and Von Fuchs in a Puppet Show hehe. It made me think when I was a kid our School went to the Herr's Potato Chip Factory in PA, and it was the most ghetto thing ever. It was a good set up having them all ride the Bus together and I'm with Jane I was going to off myself with Rita in this Episode. She does nothing like Cyborg said in the Episode, she's afraid, but come on you're not a little kid grow up already. I found it funny Cliff and Jane are doing their Spy routine, while Negative Man is trying to make himself human again come on dude. Even though you feel sorry for the guy, he couldn't come to grips to tell his Wife about him cheating on her for years apparently and you can say in a way it was karma that got him hard. It is interesting the Spirit manifested into his Side piece I wonder if it was really him or him just thinking about the guy so hard at the moment and the Spirit could feel that and used it to keep him going.

Fight Scenes was cool in this one, Cliff was evil as fuck dude ripping apart body parts and using them as weapons and Jane having some fun with some Nazis. Just I was like okay that was a good Episode, I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK..WHAT THE FUCK happened to Steve he's fucking multiple things in one. Yo I can imagine that dumbass on the Street strutting his stuff next Episode lol.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
So did anyone watch this week's Episode like me? More and more I continue to love Jane's multiple personalities and one of those personalities was important to this end of the world stuff that has gone on in the past two Episodes. You can see now why Jane loves Chief so much she got her outta that Mental Institution that was mentally and physically abusing her for years.

60,001 Posts
Still loving it.

Good to hear. All the characters are well developed and how can you not love a show with Ezekiel, Baphomet, Animal Vegetable Mineral Man, and Admiral Whiskers? :mark

The show can both make me laugh and damn near make me cry. The one tomorrow with The Underground should be quite interesting to see how they realize the source material The best thing is that we still have seven episodes to go. :fuckyeah.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Did everyone keep up with the Series like me and watched the whole Season? It's pretty crazy how they wrapped up everything vs Mr.Nobody easily one of the most enjoyable things I've watched this Season. Diane Guerrero's portrayal of Jane is amazing, you could legit have a whole Show with her as the Main Character and go into her life because we never see in Titans. So she left the Doom Manor where to..exactly hmm? Every Character I felt got better and got more layers as the Series went on, and someone like Rita even I grew to like after she started not wanna hide anymore and rather fight with the team. I will never forget Flex Mentallo though, what he did to Doom Patrol and a Town I'm going to remember for many...many years!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I was looking for this thread!!!!! Whhat a finale! Loved it!

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,327 Posts
Was good, finished it.

Seems like Mister Nobody id s great bad guy, he should be a big bad for a movie.

I was happy happy with it all, well done show.

Fraiser needed this, he was doing nothing of value so it's nice to see him actually do stuff.

Only a few weak episodes and now that a lot of backstory is out of the way, next season should be better.

60,001 Posts
Can't believe that this sublime show only garnered 39 posts after that amazing first season. I don't know when Season 2 drops but I treated myself to the Blu-ray of it and Titans. As I remembered, Doom Patrol is excellent. Titans was good but Season 2 is even better. I hope that Doom Patrol can somehow achieve the same feat but the hurdle is extremely high. To those unwashed who deny Doom Patrol's greatness, this is for you:

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
For sure Titans Season 2 vibe and storytelling to go along with the action vs last Season it's on a whole another level for sure. I'll put it against anything I've seen this Year based off a Comic or Manga and that includes Watchmen. As for Doom Patrol yeah Season 1 was great and I love all the Characters especially Jane as I said above, so the consequences of what happened in Season 1 will be interesting how it pans out. You see I never read Doom Patrol so these ideas are new to me and fresh and I imagine the Writing Team is going to blow our minds even further in Season 2.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts