Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the issue isnt just booking but the fact that so many wrestlers are stuck with a simple gimmick/character for years and none of them have the balls to say enough and work something different.
In all fairness, the guys don't have much of a choice in the matter. Work here and do as I say or go to the indies and live off bologna and ramen Noodles. Sorry, hard to stay in shape on that diet.

·
Since Day One
9,874 Posts
You know what would be hilariously fun?

Someone make a wrestling promotion video game. You make the bookings, decide the match outcomes etc. We give free copies to WWE management and see how their promotion does in today's marketplace. I'd bet money in advance that any random veteran fan from these forums does better financially if starting with the same cash.

Edit: I'm a gamer. Strategy and RPG's only. I mean, I'm disabled and have free time galore and enjoy games like you wouldn't believe. However, action games and shooters? I plain suck as I'm legally blind. So forgive me if I make a random gaming reference from time to time.
Ever heard of TEW 2013?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The main problem is the lack of competition. Without competition, Vince and co can just rest on their laurels, knowing fans will watch the show regardless of what they put out.

They need a kick up the backside in order to finally realise the current WWE product is out of touch.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I blame Vince, Dunn, HHH, and Stephanie.

For the bunny, el torrito, guest hosts I blame Vince/Dunn.

The soap operish stories make me believe Steph is behind it.

And of course HHH has to have his spotlight so best believe he is putting himself in the biggest angles.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I blame Vince, Dunn, HHH, and Stephanie.

For the bunny, el torrito, guest hosts I blame Vince/Dunn.

The soap operish stories make me believe Steph is behind it.

And of course HHH has to have his spotlight so best believe he is putting himself in the biggest angles.
I think this is the most accurate thing anyone has said.
Makes you wish Shane came back.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I don't understand why people don't criticise Triple H for pushing Reigns. For months Meltzer has said he is Triple H's guy and that Vince is not 100% on him.
I'll go ahead and tell you as it's the main point I'm making by this thread:

Because they want to believe someone, anyone in management is competent. They'll find someone, in this case HHH, then try to convince themselves and others that he's "the guy". This is how they cope with an industry that's clearly in decline, and has been for many, many years.

Why don't they want to accept that the entire corporate structure is full of self delusional, egotistical jerks who've forgotten how to actually listen to us, the common people? Easy. Because they love the industry/sport and want it to keep on trucking. We all do, but some of us just can't get behind anyone in power these days. These people may be wrong for trying to find someone who they can get behind despite their obvious shortcomings, but they do so because their hearts are in the right place.

I'm not an optimist nor a pessimist. I'm a realist. Roman Reigns has the potential to be great, but not now and maybe not for a year or more. However, as we're seeing, pushing him now is yielding nothing but cringeworthy moments as Reigns is clearly demonstrating he is simply not ready. If not stopped, and allowing him to grow, he's going to be a failed push that we'll still be making jokes about a decade from now.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I don't understand why people don't criticise Triple H for pushing Reigns. For months Meltzer has said he is Triple H's guy and that Vince is not 100% on him.
I'll go ahead and tell you as it's the main point I'm making by this thread:

Because they want to believe someone, anyone in management is competent. They'll find someone, in this case HHH, then try to convince themselves and others that he's "the guy". This is how they cope with an industry that's clearly in decline, and has been for many, many years.

Why don't they want to accept that the entire corporate structure is full of self delusional, egotistical jerks who've forgotten how to actually listen to us, the common people? Easy. Because they love the industry/sport and want it to keep on trucking. We all do, but some of us just can't get behind anyone in power these days. These people may be wrong for trying to find someone who they can get behind despite their obvious shortcomings, but they do so because their hearts are in the right place.

I'm not an optimist nor a pessimist. I'm a realist. Roman Reigns has the potential to be great, but not now and maybe not for a year or more. However, as we're seeing, pushing him now is yielding nothing but cringeworthy moments as Reigns is clearly demonstrating he is simply not ready. If not stopped, and allowing him to grow, he's going to be a failed push that we'll still be making jokes about a decade from now.
Agreed!!!!! People want to find someone that's the savor i.e HHH but forget that HHH has lots of power backstage and some on the stuff you see on TV may be his ideas but people want to blame Vince cause it's eaiser to do.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
In all fairness, the guys don't have much of a choice in the matter. Work here and do as I say or go to the indies and live off bologna and ramen Noodles. Sorry, hard to stay in shape on that diet.
They do have a say, look at Ziggler, he's been a pretty integral part of the mid card scene for years, is a crowd favourite and is now being given a handful of ME pushes. He needs to take this by the balls, call for a heel turn, lets be honest he was always better as a heel and cut some sick promos and put on some top matches.

I know Ziggler has had a terrific ladder match last year and that was a step in the right direction, we just need more guys to do the same.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They do have a say, look at Ziggler, he's been a pretty integral part of the mid card scene for years, is a crowd favourite and is now being given a handful of ME pushes. He needs to take this by the balls, call for a heel turn, lets be honest he was always better as a heel and cut some sick promos and put on some top matches.

I know Ziggler has had a terrific ladder match last year and that was a step in the right direction, we just need more guys to do the same.
Ziggler is a special case to me. Years ago, I, in my realist way, pointed out how good Ziggler was in the ring, especially at selling. I kept doing so in threads of that nature and suddenly....others agreed and it snowballed from there. Yes, if you can go back and look at old posts, you'd see I started that ball rolling.

However, he only got noticed due to the fans(not me, I like the guy, but I try to stay analytical rather than fan when discussing)suddenly realizing "Hey, this guy DOES have talent". The WWE powers that be had him going basically nowhere despite this, but the fans persisted and NOW, he's finally getting what he deserves. But look at that and notice something else..the WWE is dropping THAT ball with creative as well.

As for making him heel? I've said this many times and will continue to do so:

Make him the next Nature Boy. Give HIM the nod from Ric Flair and Buddy Landell if you can dig him out of whatever hole he's climbed into. He already has the swaggering walk of Buddy Rogers for pete's sake. Have him adopt an arrogance as he saunters to the ring, that "I'm better than you" look. Give him the figure four as it's wasted on The Miz, who can't do a good one to save his life(Mizdow does a far better one for example)Have him slick back his hair and tie it into a ponytail. Have Flair teach him the heel moves, thumbs to the eyes, etc. Go further than that. Have him watch old footage of Buddy Rogers and adopt that as well. Give him a Diva, make them useful for once. I picture Summer Rae going well with him as arm candy.

To do this, give him a few weeks off but show in vignettes how Flair is grooming him. Keep him out of any factions and go it alone as a main event player.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,732 Posts
I personally dont think HHH has as much power as Vince & Dunn does. Vince is the owner and makes the ultimate decisions what you see on TV. If It ain't authorized by Vince u dont see it on RAW/PPV's. I dno about Smackdown because that seems like a recap show these days.

I also think Vince has little to do with NXT, since the show lacks all sorts of fart jokes and Midgets or Bunnies around. And actually has talent thats used like talent should be used.

But everyone are free to believe what they want :)

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am blaming Trips for that a lot :trips

Still think that he will be the lesser of two evils against the VD connection.
Oh, I agree he's the lesser of 2 evils when up against the VD Connection by comparison.

I'm just thinking there's GOT to be someone else(no, Not Stephanie) that can carry the proverbial ball.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well, a lot of venereal diseases just never go away...like Vince and Dunn and HHH and John Cena. They just get forced on more people.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Kevin Dunn is a piece of shit. It is well documented by many who have had to work with him.

The man knows nothing about Wrestling in general and has only held his job because he has some kind of blackmail info on Vince I'm positive. The first thing that needs to be done is to get this man out of power.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
HHH has his problems but unlike Vince and Dunn, HHH has a better grasp on what wrestling needs to be in 2015.

No writer, Booker etc is perfect but HHH has more of an upside Because he's not dumb enough to micromanage the people beneath him and he won't just bury his own talent for havin accents, an alternative look or for not having lots of muscles.

Some like to use HHH's past to discredit him but look, all that proves is that he was an asshole that knew how to get far in the wrestling business because traditionally you don't unless you're an asshole.

Anyone that knows a damn thing about HHH knows that half the shit put on the show wouldn't amuse him in the least bit.

So yes I blame Vince and Dunn more than I can EVER blame HHH for the state of the current product. HHH would actually give us quality shows unlike the VD connection.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts