Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1sy guy that's comes to mind especially with recent WWE changes would have to Paul Heyman, but surely he'd still be with Lesnar when Lesnar appears.

With Dreamer, RVD and Rhino all already in Impact, only other guys I can think of would be Tajiri or Steve Corino. Corino did leave NJPW to go to WWE and I haven't read anything about him since.

So with Callis saying 'He learnt so much from him,' got to be Heyman or Corino, with Corino being more likely.

·
Registered
271 Posts
1sy guy that's comes to mind especially with recent WWE changes would have to Paul Heyman, but surely he'd still be with Lesnar when Lesnar appears.

With Dreamer, RVD and Rhino all already in Impact, only other guys I can think of would be Tajiri or Steve Corino. Corino did leave NJPW to go to WWE and I haven't read anything about him since.

So with Callis saying 'He learnt so much from him,' got to be Heyman or Corino, with Corino being more likely.
Corino would be a good get. Heyman would be Heaven.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm guessing the tease is to imply the recently fired from creative Heyman, but I'd assume he still has a talent contract. Maybe he doesn't and was working under a handshake, a-la Rick Rude when he left. It'll probably end up being some walking dead ECW guy like the Sandman.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I wouldn't take it too seriously. I think he was just trying to draw attention and using Heyman losing his job running Raw as the bait.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I think it could be Sapolsky, but Corino could be a decent option as well. They know Styles, and Gertner are available so it is someone they assumed wasn't.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think it could be Sapolsky, but Corino could be a decent option as well. They know Styles, and Gertner are available so it is someone they assumed wasn't.
Joey Styles retired in 2016 (but like I said maybe Tommy convinced Styles to come out of retirement. I don't see it being Corino cause he wasn't furloughed or released, he's still an NXT producer.)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is Josh Matthews still doing PBP for them?
Yea Matthews is still there. He seemed to have gotten a little better but I just don't like his style. I think a lot of cool stuff that is supposed to be taken to another level gets estinguished by his commentary. He just doesn't have a good voice. They need a real strong guy there. I would even consider bringing back that Kennely guy that was there during the Bischoff regime? He was one of the best new voices I had seen.

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Corino is a producer for NXT, and a PC coach, so it's not going to be him.

It won't be Gabe either.

I think he's trying to bluff everyone with Heyman too. The tweet above I think is a bluff trying to garner interest in Impact.

I would try to sign Joey Styles. Have him debut at Slammiversary, team him with Josh Matthews on the announce team & then have Don Callis work backstage at the tapings, like Scott D'Amore does.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If it's a wrestler, I think it will be Tajiri. If it's an announcer or backstage person, I think it will be Heyman or Joey Styles.

·
Registered
962 Posts
"The "Quintessential Studmuffin" Joel Gertner has arrived in Impact Wrestling!"...…..lol. I can almost guarantee that it won't be him. I'm betting it's Tajiri if it's a wrestler, Joey Styles or more of a longshot would be Paul Heyman.

·
Southern Pride
3,357 Posts
Heyman is still signed with WWE I believe. He is still Lesnars mouthpiece. That hasn't changed just because he is no longer running creative on RAW.

No clue who it would be but it is best to not put too much thought in to it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Guessing Tajiri or Styles then. There's an outside chance that it can also be Steve Corino or possibly even Jerry Lynn but Callis probably wouldn't have said anything at all if it was one of them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts