Wrestling Forum banner

Dolph Zigglers favorite opponent?

1740 Views 22 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  N-destroy
Dolph Ziggler revealed who his favorite opponent is in an interview.

Who was it? Was it Sheamus? No. Was it Cm Punk? No.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...le/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

(Mark Alert!)
...it was Kofi Kingston. I assume comments like this will do nothing to further Kofi's career since he's already proven how good he is but what are your thoughts on this.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Not sure why this is topic worthy, but seeing as they faced each other about 100 times in the past then he has the most chemistry with him and makes sense.
And that means that Kofi should be a main eventer? :D I mean he's a good mid-carder and obviously a guy who's fun to watch but what Ziggler said about him won't change Kofi's status in WWE.
If Kofi wrestled EVERY match like he does when he's in the ring with Ziggler (and a couple of others, like Jericho), I'd be fine with Kofi lurking the main event scene. Unfortunately, Kofi coasts in basically every match that isn't against one of those top in-ring guys.
Not surprising. They've faced each other countless times and always put on great matches and have great chemistry with each other.

They put on a awesome match on Superstars a few months ago:

Reactions: 2
I swear those two were feuding over the IC title for about 2 years.
Makes sense they wrestled each other for what seemed a full year from Summer of 2010 till last Summer when Kofi got demoted to the Tag Division
Kofi needs to be repackaged but dude could be sick... He needs to be pushed like Shelton Benjamin should have!
Kofi needs to be repackaged but dude could be sick... He needs to be pushed like Shelton Benjamin should have!
Yeah, Shelton was completely wasted as a talent, although he probably wasn't great enough to get the WWE title, could've at least stayed a contender for both the WHC (through heel tricks) and IC belts (natural pump perch) until he got the legs (mic skills/storyline) to be a consistent main eventer. He just never had an angle. Same with Kofi, but dude is a spot monkey, like Sin Cara and Rey should've stayed. There's no way I could see them as consistent legitimate main eventers, which is really why we need a Cruiserweight belt to keep them from getting buried and have that as a feature of the 3 hr Raws. Until Jericho left, it was the spotlight really of WCW to all the smarks I knew.
Not surprising really, i could see why he's appreciated a lot in the locker room. Genuinely good babyfaces are rare these days, but Kofi is one of them.
They had good matches for sure but I don't think he is his best opponent. That would be Daniel Bryan.
This is not surprising at all since they worked over a zillion times.
considering how many times they went against each other
Yeah this is pretty obvious, They helped each other out in the mid-card, Great chemistry, and great matches

Kofi has so much potentia to be great, He seems like he can be a good promoer, but WWE just doesn't let him, it's like when he's on the microphone he's nervous to break out and do a good promo. And he has cut good promos in the past such as against Orton, & against Big Show on an episode of Smackdown a few years back about "wrestling on dirt canvas"
Not surprising considering they have a ton of chemistry together and have worked together a billion times. However if I was Dolph Ziggler, I would've chosen Daniel Bryan because their match at Bragging Rights 2010 was the best WWE match of both their careers thus far. Very underrated match, and I would highly recommend it to any who haven't seen it.
Not surprising considering they have a ton of chemistry together and have worked together a billion times. However if I was Dolph Ziggler, I would've chosen Daniel Bryan because their match at Bragging Rights 2010 was the best WWE match of both their careers thus far. Very underrated match, and I would highly recommend it to any who haven't seen it.
Nah, Most wrestlers pick their favorite opponents as people who they've had numerous encounters with, CM Punk says JoMo was his fave.
Not surprising since Kofi Kingston is Dolph Ziggler's biggest feud in WWE to date. They had some fantastic matches and worked very well together.
Nah, Most wrestlers pick their favorite opponents as people who they've had numerous encounters with, CM Punk says JoMo was his fave.
Those were some great matches, I felt they were overlooked because it had Morrison in it.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.