Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to make your number 1 contender look weak. That win did nothing for Orton and made Ziggler look nothing like a threat to Edge. Imagine if Ziggler defeated Cena in their match a few weeks ago then defeated Orton last night? That would've done wonders for him.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yeah and it would make Orton look weak if Ziggler won, yadda yadda yadda.
Might as well hire Vince Russo again and let every uppercard/main event match end in a DQ / No Contest to make neither look bad -_-'

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might as well hire Vince Russo again and let every uppercard/main event match end in a DQ / No Contest to make neither look bad -_-'
Who said Orton had to lose cleanly though? Miz could've easily came out and distract Orton allowing for Ziggler to hit the Zig Zag for the victory. That way Ziggler wins and Orton doesn't look weak.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Shame the zig zag converted into the RKO did not look good enough. It was a hard manoeuvre to pull off, but Orton needed to sell it as if both finishers hit simultaneously.

They could have sold it as Randy just winning, by laying an arm over Ziggler. Randy looks tough, and Ziggler looks unlucky.

But given WWE logic, losing all your matches before going into a PPV, means you are going to win the main match.

Lets hope Dolph gets the pin on Orton next week, after the inevitable interruption to the champion vs champion match, turning into a tag team match.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
When I saw this match I gulped for two reasons, firstly I new he was about to lose, and secondly I prayed he made no mistakes during the match.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I don't see how it makes him look weak when nobody expected him to win.

Though on second thoughts, would have been a lot better if Miz had cheated Orton out of the win, as it gives Ziggler something to brag about and doesn't have Orton lose clean :/ Can't win 'em all I suppose.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
And then I'd WANT to see the match on the PPV and PAY for it, to see an ending. and what's wrong with making neither person look bad? Not sure if I see a negative with this particular thought.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see how it makes him look weak when nobody expected him to win.

Though on second thoughts, would have been a lot better if Miz had cheated Orton out of the win, as it gives Ziggler something to brag about and doesn't have Orton lose clean :/ Can't win 'em all I suppose.
It made him look weak because he's suppose to be the number 1 contender for Edge's title

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I knew this thread was gonna turn up.

Let's see how did Ziggler look weak? Did Orton squash him as if he were Zack Ryder? No. Ziggler got some good offense and looked good in the match.

Putting over does not mean winning every match!

Right now Ziggler doesn't really need the momentum, Orton does. Why? Cause he's the star, he's the main event. He's the guy everyone is paying to see. Why should he lose to some piss ant like Ziggler? This is Ziggler's first shot at a title. Also let's not forget Ziggler's home is Smackdown, where he can get all the momentum there. BTW, he looked very strong against Edge in that promo.

Bottom line is ZIGGLER WAS NOT BURIED!

If he loses at RR to Edge, will he also be buried?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts