Wrestling Forum banner

What is your opinion of Dolph Zigglers main event/world champ potential?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Dolph Ziggler is basically a case of "The total package" the guy can wrestle extremely entertaining matches , hes got the personality/mic skills , etc.

I'd say Dolph Ziggler for WM28 and/or MITB 2011 PPV winner TBH. :agree:

What do you all think of the idea of Dolph Ziggler main eventing and holding the WHC and/or WWE titles?

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Undecided.

I'm just now starting to like Ziggler. His run with as IC champion with Vickie has been better than I thought it would be, but I'm going to have to wait and see where his career goes once he loses the belt - whether he remains where he's at, or if he starts to move higher up the card. He'll definately be a successful mid-carder, and I'm not ruling him out of a world title reign a few years from now. If Jack Swagger and The Great Khali can become WHC champions, then Mr. Ziggles has as good a shot as any.

·
Registered
415 Posts
He proved the last 3 days what some people are saying for over a year ... he is a great wrestler who can provide top class matches with the right opponent (Mysterio, Bryan, Morrison, Punk etc.)

these 2 matches against Bryan are definitely in the top 3 matches of the year for me. Highly entertaining stuff.

as for the question in hand? i am not sure yet ... he definitely needs a better gimmick to raise his chances.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
He's definitely world championship material. He's proven over the past few years that he can do it all.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Hmmmm tough question, i like him and want him to succeed but... i don't know, he's fine at where he is at the moment, in fact he's so good wrestling in the midcard i don't want him to move up the card. So yeah, maybe not anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Not yet , but he'll get there... The matches with Daniel Bryan where awesome.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Dolph should be World Champion in few years.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Don't get me wrong this man has all the right tools to go far. I'm sure we have said about others as well from the past, but if booked right he'll go far. Dolph has the look, the ring ability, and a little bit of mic skill. However, I feel his role in the mid card on Smackdown is perfect. The only problem I have with this man is his wrestling attire(not the boots they are hard), and his entrance music.

Starting with his wrestling attire. Now when he first debuted as Dolph, and all the way up to now the man has changed his look. I'm very well aware of that. However he just changed some colors, and kept the tights. Call this weird, but I think he is, or would be more "over" with long tights like Benoit, HBK, or Steamboat etc.... Imagine if HBK had gone with basic wrestling trunks that were like HHH's, or the Rock's?

Instead HBK chose long trunks, and honestly it suited his character much better by showing how flamboyant he was, or perhaps like Rick Rude who made vulgar displays of humiliation towards his opponents on his long tights. What would either of those two stars would have been like without their long trunks? If Ziggy changed to long trunks, and kept the boots I would begin to respect him. Why? Mainly because for me something like that shows change, and it symbolizes growth in character. Going through a vastly different look in wrestling can be huge for one's career.

Thus, if there is any talk on this guy being a future world champion he first imo has to mature in character, and this is just one of the many ways imo to do such a thing. A ton goes in to considering something like this, and I think Dolph creatively could something other than his current look 2, or 3 years from now. Right?

Next, his music is just awful. I don't get the whole "Perfection" theme. If anything Mike McGuillicutty should be coming out to that type of entrance song. Anyhow, I just think the type of song, and the way the entrance works out is very important in order to take that next step. Look at some of the top name stars of all time, and think about how they came out when introduced. Doesn't seem like there was much creative thought from either part Ziggy, or creative team on Smackdown in the direction of his entrance/music. Give him something hardcore, and sadistic.

"The Devil's Advocate" Dolph Ziggler should be his new persona!

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I'm one of his biggest fans on here, but i don't think he's ready to be world champ yet

Even tho he has a lot of talent, he doesn't seem to be over with the crowds yet

If you have a champion that the fans don't care about, it will make him look bad, no matter how good he is

Someday tho i think he will eventually become champ.

The guy is a great talent, he works hard, he wants to be one of the greats & the backstage people seem to like him

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I like Ziggler alot, he just needs some more time to showcase to everybody.

I believe eventually he'll become World Champ but he's years out

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Don't get me wrong this man has all the right tools to go far. I'm sure we have said about others as well from the past, but if booked right he'll go far. Dolph has the look, the ring ability, and a little bit of mic skill. However, I feel his role in the mid card on Smackdown is perfect. The only problem I have with this man is his wrestling attire(not the boots they are hard), and his entrance music.

Starting with his wrestling attire. Now when he first debuted as Dolph, and all the way up to now the man has changed his look. I'm very well aware of that. However he just changed some colors, and kept the tights. Call this weird, but I think he is, or would be more "over" with long tights like Benoit, HBK, or Steamboat etc.... Imagine if HBK had gone with basic wrestling trunks that were like HHH's, or the Rock's?

Instead HBK chose long trunks, and honestly it suited his character much better by showing how flamboyant he was, or perhaps like Rick Rude who made vulgar displays of humiliation towards his opponents on his long tights. What would either of those two stars would have been like without their long trunks? If Ziggy changed to long trunks, and kept the boots I would begin to respect him. Why? Mainly because for me something like that shows change, and it symbolizes growth in character. Going through a vastly different look in wrestling can be huge for one's career.

Thus, if there is any talk on this guy being a future world champion he first imo has to mature in character, and this is just one of the many ways imo to do such a thing. A ton goes in to considering something like this, and I think Dolph creatively could something other than his current look 2, or 3 years from now. Right?

Next, his music is just awful. I don't get the whole "Perfection" theme. If anything Mike McGuillicutty should be coming out to that type of entrance song. Anyhow, I just think the type of song, and the way the entrance works out is very important in order to take that next step. Look at some of the top name stars of all time, and think about how they came out when introduced. Doesn't seem like there was much creative thought from either part Ziggy, or creative team on Smackdown in the direction of his entrance/music. Give him something hardcore, and sadistic.

"The Devil's Advocate" Dolph Ziggler should be his new persona!
I completely disagree. If you listen to the lyrics to the song, it fits his whole gimmick perfectly

Also nothing wrong with his attire especially when he had that black & blue vest to go with the black trunks or the grey & black combo. I thought they looked awesome

Only thing i don't like is when he wears that damn polka dot vest or that retarded dog collar fpalm

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I didn't vote; no option defines closely enough what I feel.

I am a huge Dolph fan. He definitely has all the required talent and more, but ... fricken repackage, name change, lose the hair, but retain the "I Am Perfection" character.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Give him 2 more years, and I'll bet he's in the thick of things for a world championship. He's had all the tools for years, and he's really come into his own since the feud with Kofi Kingston finally petered out. People criticize his name, but I like it because it stands out and is a little different from the rest of the "I'm a generic FCW guy who uses his own name or something close and wears black bikini trunks" clones we've gotten over the past three years.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
As much as I like Dolph's current gimmick, he needs a new one or to address his personality to become world champ.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I voted the second option. I think that he should win a world title at some point but not ASAP. In a couple of years or so then yeah that would be great. He puts on entertaining matches and I am not that fussed about mic skills.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I could see him holding the big belt in as little as 3 years time. He's got the look, the ring ability, and is more than adequate on the mic so I don't see anything, aside from his stupid name, that would hold him back.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts