Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I see Dolph Ziggler, I see a white, less athletic version of Shelton Benjamin. Both great ring skills with amateur wrestling background. Both bland as can be on the mic. I don't think Ziggler will ever win the World title, for the same reason (race aside) that Benjamin didn't. His promos are not exciting. He's not even in the top 3 of Smackdown heels, entertainment-wise. Rhodes, Del Rio, and Barrett are all more entertaining.

You think Ziggler will go farther than Benjamin? Or will he be a permanent midcarder?

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
I think Ziggler will be a perm main eventer in time, also his mic skills are better than Sheltons, he really isn't as bad on the mic as some people seem to think.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
When I see Dolph Ziggler, I see a white, less athletic version of Shelton Benjamin. Both great ring skills with amateur wrestling background. Both bland as can be on the mic. I don't think Ziggler will ever win the World title, for the same reason (race aside) that Benjamin didn't. His promos are not exciting. He's not even in the top 3 of Smackdown heels, entertainment-wise. Rhodes, Del Rio, and Barrett are all more entertaining.

You think Ziggler will go farther than Benjamin? Or will he be a permanent midcarder?
:lamo , he will go far beyond Benjamin, and he hasnt had enough time on the stick for you to say he is boring as hell . Rhodes is not entertaining . unless you like mediocre grooming tips and Flaming F*GS.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I think Ziggler will be a perm main eventer in time, also his mic skills are better than Sheltons, he really isn't as bad on the mic as some people seem to think.
Agreed, he needs more time on it, and be the focus, since he is being the 3rd wheel on the Edge/vckie feud , he did what he was suppose to do

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
No....just no. Shelton Benjamin is far more entertaining in the ring. A high flyer, grappler and a better wrestling technician than Ziggler. What an insult. Get back to me when Ziggler can make Cripple H look gold in the ring.

With that said. Ziggler deserves a heavyweight belt

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Shelton is spottier in the ring. Ziggler on the other hand is a fantastic mat wrestler who could go toe to toe with the best damn wrestler on the planet.

And cripple H? Really? Is this what passes for dry wit nowadays? Its about as creative as Randy Boreton.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Why are people on here so quick to write guys off as "boring" on the mic when they've barley been given any time to develop? Not every great mic worker was BORN with their talent and many of them had to LEARN through time and experience.

Ziggler looks like someone with alot of potential. Let the dude go out there and do his thing more and eventually he'll be more comfortable and hopefully get better. The dude just has to be given more opportunities thats all.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Shelton is spottier in the ring. Ziggler on the other hand is a fantastic mat wrestler who could go toe to toe with the best damn wrestler on the planet.

And cripple H? Really? Is this what passes for dry wit nowadays? Its about as creative as Randy Boreton.
Sorry that I'm not a fan of Paul Levesque. Its not fault he's so fragile all the time. You don't like Cripple H? How about Mr. Glass or T-Pain? I don't know, just going off top.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Sorry that I'm not a fan of Paul Levesque. Its not fault he's so fragile all the time. You don't like Cripple H? How about Mr. Glass or T-Pain? I don't know, just going off top.
This is a thread about Dolph Ziggler and Shelton benjamin.

I mean i dont even see how you can possibly bring Triple H into this.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts

I used Hunter as an example on how Shelton could make anyone look gold in the ring and why I think he's better than Ziggler. I don't think Ziggler is capable of having a 5 star match with Hunter. But you got a little sensitive when I called him Cripple H. It wasn't my intention to derail this thread.

Now back to Ziggler.Even though I don't think he's on Shelton's level, I want for him to get the belt at RR.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't see the comparison at all. Benjamin was much more exciting in the ring, and Ziggler is better on the mic. They don't even have similar ring/speaking styles. I don't see it at all.

This thread is fail

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I don't see the comparison at all. Benjamin was much more exciting in the ring, and Ziggler is better on the mic. They don't even have similar ring/speaking styles. I don't see it at all.

This thread is fail
Its just his opinion, nd u are right no comparison, Benjamin is black, and ziggler is white =P

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Ziggler is going far I think, he has a serious ability to pull off scary looking aggression in the ring. Very good in the ring and constantly improving on the mic. Hopefully he can keep up the heat on his own without Vickie eventually.

Benjamin was a victim of poor booking IMO. There may be more to the story but I wasnt backstage so I dont know.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts

It's the internet if you are not blaming Triple H for everything you aren't cool.

Ziggler is a better actor and has the heat machine Vickie Guerrero alongside him, he's alright enough and he's had a spectacular 2010 I'd love a World Title run from them soon enough.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Benjamin was awful on the mic, unmotivated in the biz, and black. Most importantly, he was black.

Kofi, MVP, Benjamin, and any other black person will not win the title. Hell Booker T didn't win it until way later in his career, and nobody else was available. Booker T only got one reign.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I would agree that Benjamin was more "spotty" than Ziggler, but I also think that comes with the times. WWE tries not to do too many crazy spots in matches now a days to keep their workers healthy. However, I am sure that Ziggler would be able to perform "holy shit spots" to a T if given the opportunity.

Man...Ziggler and Benjamin would be able to put on one hell of a match.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts