Wrestling Forum banner

Dolph Ziggler - The Real Deal?

1727 Views 29 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  TheOneBillyGunn
It usually takes a lot to impress me in terms of new talent coming through but the last couple of months Ziggler has really impressed me, he's got great in ring talent with a cracking move set as well as being decent on the mic. He put on a brilliant match with Edge at the Royal Rumble, best thing of the night I thought.

Anyone else think it's a matter of time before Dolph wins the title?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Definitely. The way Ziggler's been going, there should be no problem with him capturing the World Title.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Yep, he's awesome. He'll slowly find his niche in the main event, he still needs Vickie as his manager at this point so his eventual world title win doesn't need to get rushed, i'm sure majority of fans already start to warm up to him, WWE just needs to keep giving Ziggler countless opportunities to prove that he's main event worthy (his match with Edge at RR was a nice start). I'm not worried about his future at all, he's clearly one of future stars and he will become a big time player in near future.

· Banned
7,532 Posts
He doesn't have the charisma yet to hold the title at this stage. But he's progressed into the main event when you would have thought last year that McIntyre would be in his position as he did steal his IC reign.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
What can you say about the guy? I've been a fan since the Spirit Squad days. He has all the tools, and either he or Daniel Bryan have put on the best match of the night at each of the last SIX pay per views. That's no joke. A little work on the mic skills and he's there.

· Purebred Powerhouse
7,077 Posts
Ziggler has really cranked up the quality of his in-ring work lately. You have to give the guy credit. When he's been given the stage, he's delivered. It's been consistent, and I think WWE is showing appreciation for that.

On the other hand, I still believe he needs more time to work on his mic skills & showcase that aspect. When that catches up to his in-ring performances, you'll have a bonafide star.

He could really use a personal, extended, heated rivalry with a main event act or two before going for a top belt again.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
I still say its too premature to think of him as a future world champion. Besides Del Rio will certainly grab that spot before Ziggler anyways. Ziggler is great talent, his ring skills is amazaing and loved his matches with Mysterio, Morrison, and R-Truth much throughout 2009-2010. As a world champion? I just don't see the aura or the stage presence to be at the level and 2012 just doesn't seem like the year for him to main event. I say keep him around as a top-tier upper carder and engage him in programs that will shed some more light to see if he can main event. As of right now I don't see it and certainly Kingston and Del Rio are better options at least for now.

· Ramble On
11,737 Posts
Yeah, i was saying over in the other wrestling section how good the guy is, his ring skills are great and he is usualy the workhorse, apart from the Bryan matches where i thought they both made the matches great.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
He's definitely a rising star and someone to watch closely in 2010, but let's be real: World Champion is a tad bit too much right now. A large part of his success last year came from his association with Vickie. Without her, he'd probably be nothing more than a heel version of Kofi Kingston.

I'd like to see him talk more, begin to branch out on his own, away from Vickie. If he can manage to remain over by himself, he's set. Major props to him for seizing the opportunity and turning his ring work up a couple of notches, but he's still got some work to do.

· Registered
2,369 Posts
Noticed he was getting "Lets go Ziggler" chants at the Royal Rumble!

So he is getting pops from the adult male audience at least.

· Registered
3,197 Posts
I still find him good not great. His matches of late have been pretty good but again not great.

As for his promos, I've yet to see anything that stands out for me which proves he could hack it as a World Champion. I really don't get the hype at the moment.

· Registered
57 Posts
I agree, he puts more into NXT than most of the rookies do. As much as I like Del Rio I was a bit disappointed to know that Dolph won't get much more time for title shots, considering how he's really earned it.

His IC title run was one of the best in memory: he defended it on an almost weekly basis, often in triple threat matches. The problem is SmackDown has too many heels: Barrett, Del Rio, Rhodes, McIntyre, Kane, Ziggler, Swagger. As much as I enjoy watching him on SmackDown, Dolph may need to move over to Raw to get into new mid-high card feuds as the faces on SmackDown are overbooked as-is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.