Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling Fans,

I'm sure this thread will be moved/deleted, but hopefully Ziggler can have his own thread for the pure bliss we as fans were granted with on tonights Smackdown.

1980s they had Rick Rude & The Million Dollar Man.
1990s they had Mr. Perfect.
2000s they had <insert here>.
the 2010's we have our Modern Day Mr. Perfect/Billy-Gunn, none other than the one and only
Dolph Ziggler.

I'm sure EVERYONE or all the real wrestling, yes *wrestling* fans have to agree, that Ziggler vs. Sheamus match was pure MAGIC. I honestly can say this smackdown is more enjoyable, better written, and overall (smoother) transition than Raw. To me anyways, I felt as if I was watching the main card PPV match, I sadly knew Ziggler couldn't win the match or the Del Rio storyline would not be practical. The ending with Swagger was perfect due to the fact the story line can have Ziggler blame Swagger/Vicki for his loss, the match was extremely enjoyable.

Thoughts, Opinions, or Comments are appreciated on the Ziggler Match for 6/1/12.

Please humor me on the following.

1. Share your thoughts on the actual wrestling match.
2. Share your thoughts on the ending.
3. Share your thoughts on what you think will happen on Raw.
4. Share your thoughts on Orton being suspended for 60 days, is this Ziggler's (HBKS) golden chance at singles competition?

-K-

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
When I saw Orton suspended I felt so bad for Ziggler because he was due to go over him and now, Ziggs would be left high and dry once again.

Glad they had him looking good. Honestly, I wish only the best for him, dude is super talented in all regions and always has a good match.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He was fucking awesome tonight and I'm not just talking about his wrestling which was flawless as usual. His mannerisms, the way he carried himself just pretty much everything about his performance made him look like a star, he looked like he belonged in the ring with Sheamus.

1. The match was great

2. The ending was great, Sheamus gets his win heading into the PPV but Ziggler doesn't lose cred because Swag fucked up, also prolongs the break-up angle. No complaints.

3. No idea, it's never smart to speculate when it comes to WWE, Vinny Mac changes his mind every 5 minutes. Hopefully he goes toe to toe with another main eventer and pushes them all the way, tease the break-up with Vickie and Swagger more too.

4. It's a shame Orton got suspended, is it Ziggler's time to shine? who know's, he was penciled in to replace Jericho and face Orton at the PPV so I don't know what he'll do now. I guess they could rush the DZ/Swagger/Vickie break-up and have him go over Swagger at No Way Out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I love the fact that OP addressed this to wrestling fans because real wrestling fans all seen what have been waiting for. The cream is finally rising to the top. Ziggler showed once again why he is THE up and comer in WWE. After tonight, it is clear: He is on his way to the top.

1. The match was tramendous. Ziggler is the best in the business right now when it comes to the ability to sell. He is one of those guys that can pull a great match out of anybody and he was brilliant in being able to put over Sheamus while also being able to, pardon the pun, show himself off.
2. The ending was perfect. There was no way that Sheamus could not go over in the match as he is the World Champion who is going into a PPV to defend that title...but the ending takes nothing away from Ziggler as it was Swagger who "cost" him the match.
3. I can only hope there is more of this to come!
4. It is unfortunate that Orton got suspended if he plan was indeed for Ziggler to go over, but that storyline can certainly be revisted in a few months. In the meantime, Ziggler can go over Swagger while completely going solo.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Dolph is fantastic, as a mid-carder. He should get the US title back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the fact that OP addressed this to wrestling fans because real wrestling fans all seen what have been waiting for.

1. The match was tramendous. Ziggler is the best in the business right now when it comes to the ability to sell. He is one of those guys that can pull a great match out of anybody and he was brilliant in being able to put over Sheamus while also being able to, pardon the pun, show himself off.
3. I can only hope there is more of this to come!
4. It is unfortunate that Orton got suspended if he plan was indeed for Ziggler to go over, but that storyline can certainly be revisted in a few months. In the meantime, Ziggler can go over Swagger while completely going solo.

Thanks for the kind words sir, glad to see this old "Junk Yard Dog" can still post an intriguing topic, without 8-14 year olds <insert sports entertainment fan comment here>.

1. Put the IC Title on Ziggler, then directly to the WWE Title; European/World Title would de-rail the Ziggler Train To The Promise Land.

3. I agree 100% with you! I feel this will be a great angle leading up to No Way Out, Ziggler was given a rare opportunity tonight, the chance for a (tv rating/wrestling fan mid-card) (*wrestling* fan main card) talent given a chance to have 10+ min solid prime time *wrestling* match. On a side note, if you rewatch the match, you can notice Ziggler/Sheamus speaking to each other (during the top rope, during the Sheamus 10 chops, during an Backbreaker) seems both men really wanted a smooth match. I'm very anti Sheamus, but I'll even have to admit half way through the match, you see Sheamus start to sell ( or his concept of selling) for the match even, can't wait for Raw my friend.

4. I heard differently, Orton vs. Punk was booked for Summer-Slam, glad that rumor mill got squashed by Orton being side linded.

-K-

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was absolutely delighted to see Dolph back as a singles performer on Smackdown; Ive followed him since he was Nicky in the Spirit Squad,and to his current incarnation as the Show off and ive always seen potential in him right from the start; Ive been so so frustrated for him over the last few months, i was pissed off when he was the spare part in the lauranitis/punk feud, i was even more frustrated when he was back tagging with Jack and i was livid when he was eating headbutts from Brodus to the point i wanted to turn off my TV and not watch so the last week or so has been really exciting for me as a fan; I am a WRESTLING fan, and to me hes a fantastic brilliant wrestler and thats all i care about; As for the questions

1. I thought it was a fantastic TV match, they had great chemistry together and shows that actually Dolph can literally work with anyone and get a good match out of them

2. Although a bit was missed off at the end, the whole segment suggests a him breaking away, not only the ending but also Dolph taking the mic off Vickie at the start; No way was Sheamus going to lose but Dolph looked really strong and didnt lose totally clean either; (and what selling of the Brogue Kick!!)

3. I think that on Raw we will see Jack try to make amends, Dolph and Vickie arguing, him not let Vickie speak for him at the start of his match and prior to NWO him defecting to AW, or hopefully telling Vickie he doesnt need her any more and striking out on his own; Half expecting him to have a ST feud with someone like Sin Cara, or even Christian but as Cody teased an iron man match on Twitter, then perhaps a triple threat with Cody and Christian for IC title, or maybe just a Cody feud after!

4. I think Sheamus was Dolphs big test, can he stand toe to toe with the WHC and could he get a reaction from the crowd,we know he canand he showed that in bucketloads, the crowd was really into the match and really invested in it therefore although Ortons suspension put a hold on that storyline i really think we may get him thrown into another match (again Cody/Christian) or the inevitable Jack vs Dolph match with Dolph getting the victory and the total break from the pair

In short, im a huge huge fan who is FINALLY excited about where he is going as a singles competitor and hoping for a consistent push instead of the yo-yo rubbish we have had over the last few months!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The match was really good. When the match started, I figured Sheamus would win. When it got halfway through, even though I knew it couldn't possibly happen, there was a little hope that Ziggler might actually win. When he lost because of Swags, I was pleased. The match Made Sheamus look tough, and it gave Ziggler a lot of credibility.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Ive seen the match 4 times already and OMG,, I knew Ziggz can carry a match, and I dont care what any one else says, Fella can work a match ( he is only booked not to ).

But both of them were amazing.. That X factor Ziggler preformed from the ropes made me mark out, Ziggs Selling was just incredibly beautiful.

Th ending was well done, Ziggs looked strong.

I have no clue what will happen on raw.

Ziggler and creative have 60 days to give him that golden oportunity.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I havent watched smackdown yet but as soon as i get home from work i shall be watching this match. i knew he faced Sheamus as i read the spoilers from tuesdays tapings but had no idea he had put up such a good performance.

as a huge ziggler mark i am happy that he is finally getting a proper singles competitor push and breaking away from vickie and swagger.

the guy is incredible in the ring and i believe very good out of it too. he can make any match at least 3/5 stars.

now orton is out im hoping he has a match with swag at NWO and ends this alliance with him and vickie for good then gets drafted to smackdown to work towards being the top heel there. (this may actually give me a reason to watch smackdown too). ziggler fans will be spoilt then as he will be on smackdown and raw's supershow.

id then have him feud with Christian for the IC title, eventually taking it off him and holding it for the majority of the year before dropping it when hes finally ready for the WHC push going into 2013.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It was awesome when he took the mic from Vickie. :D
The match of course was awesome too.

But I have the bad feeling that wwe is going to ruin this. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dolph can sell like a mo fo!

When Sheamus delivered that brogue kick to end the match, Dolph went down so perfectly hard it looked like the most devastating brogue kick ever done.

I'm also happy Dolph is pissed and took the mic from Vickie. They better keep pushing him.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Grin at comments on him taking the mic from vickie? I swooned at thre symbolism present.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts