Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a long radio silence since the Smackdown's tapings, he twitted this today :

Historic 600th episode of WWE Smackdown tonight on SyFy! I will address the DOLPHans after, Thanks for your support over the years!
Knowing the fact that he has been fired on Smackdown by Teddy Long, is it the death of the Dolph Ziggler character ?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a great oportunity here to repackage him, turn him face and call him back "The Natural Nick Nemeth".

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
Repackage the one of the biggest heels on SmackDown while he's still carrying the momentum of his biggest push so far? Really? While we're all acknowledging that kayfabe is dead here, it warms my heart that we're still being haunted by its ghost. Sometimes, the guy is just trying to work you...

Also, you know, he could have just been talking about the historic 600th episode and thanking the fans for supporting the television show he's a part of for such a long time. Just because he wasn't there for all of it doesn't make it less of a big deal for him. I mean, if I was in his position, I'd want to thank the fans for supporting the show in my position as one of the people on the show. It's clearly him speaking on behalf of himself and all of his colleagues, thanking the fans for the success of his show.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea I think he will return i mean why would they just fire a talent like that. I actually enjoyed this storyline it was really intereseting but i didn't enjoy the fact that Ziggler couldn't in any world defeat Edge, that was the thing i didn't like and wanted to ignore. I actually wanted to see Ziggler win for once against Edge.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Repackage the one of the biggest heels on SmackDown while he's still carrying the momentum of his biggest push so far? Really? While we're all acknowledging that kayfabe is dead here, it warms my heart that we're still being haunted by its ghost. Sometimes, the guy is just trying to work you...

Also, you know, he could have just been talking about the historic 600th episode and thanking the fans for supporting the television show he's a part of for such a long time. Just because he wasn't there for all of it doesn't make it less of a big deal for him. I mean, if I was in his position, I'd want to thank the fans for supporting the show in my position as one of the people on the show. It's clearly him speaking on behalf of himself and all of his colleagues, thanking the fans for the success of his show.
By the kayfabe, I'm trying to see what can come out from what he's saying (very hazardous I know). Nick Nemeth is a chatterbox on Twitter, he could have sold the kafaybe only after the Smackdown's broadcast tonight on Syfy but he chose to stay silent since the end of the tapings. Anyway, we'll get soon enough an answer to this angle.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Should they change his name, and I won't watch him in the ring anymore. Dolph may not be the best first name, but it has stuck with him while his push slowly progressed on Smackdown. I think a new attitude, entrance song, attire(long tights), and a new nickname. Should he come back as a "face" then his new nickname should be something catchy like "Ziggy". However, should he come back as a "heel" then I think it would make sense for him to be named "The Devil's Advocate" Dolph Ziggler. Either way changing his name would be awful.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
I think they should def. bring him to raw, if they do that it can eb a type of pre cursor to the draft when they switch some talent around.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
*Coughs* John cena fired angle being recycled *coughs*

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
Kelly kelly will have that one occupied.
Oh shit, you're actually right as well...Dolph Ziggler Vs Kelly Kelly [represented by Drew McIntyre] at WrestleMania. Winner Gets Re-Hired. They're going to do it, aren't they?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Oh shit, you're actually right as well...Dolph Ziggler Vs Kelly Kelly [represented by Drew McIntyre] at WrestleMania. Winner Gets Re-Hired. They're going to do it, aren't they?
I'll mark if it happen :happy:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
He won't get "repackaged" per se, but I should think there will be some minor changes. Whenever and wherever he shows up again will be the make or break for the Ziggler character. They can't have him feed off of Vickie's heat forever.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts
Theres no reason to do anything to Dolph. Don't change him at all, except to have him go on his own without Vickie, and continue as a hot heel. Despite what some people here say Dolph has great momentum and hes becoming one of the main guys in the company. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on RAW after the post WM draft either .

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Theres no reason to do anything to Dolph. Don't change him at all, except to have him go on his own without Vickie, and continue as a hot heel. Despite what some people here say Dolph has great momentum and hes becoming one of the main guys in the company. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on RAW after the post WM draft either .
If they take Vickie away from him then he could be fucked. Vickie is the reason he gets heat, he needs Vickie alongside him. He has had a bit of a shove recently and that is due to his performances in his matches but a big factor of it is Vickie's ability to get heat on herself and translate that onto Ziggler, they need to keep them together.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If they take Vickie away from him then he could be fucked. Vickie is the reason he gets heat, he needs Vickie alongside him. He has had a bit of a shove recently and that is due to his performances in his matches but a big factor of it is Vickie's ability to get heat on herself and translate that onto Ziggler, they need to keep them together.
The sparrow needs to leave the nest. If he can't get heat on his own (which he wasn't bad at before Vickie), then they've got problems. But a good heel doesn't need a manager/valet to get heat.

wk

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The sparrow needs to leave the nest. If he can't get heat on his own (which he wasn't bad at before Vickie), then they've got problems. But a good heel doesn't need a manager/valet to get heat.

wk
There was a reason why Vickie was put with him, cause he didnt get enough heat. Vickie translates that heat onto him, the pairing works well at the moment, but in time ofcourse they will have to break them apart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts