Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Dolph won the fatal 4 way to become number 1 contender at the royal rumble to face Edge..(eventhough it was supposed to be a triple threat between Show, cody and drew)
I AM DELIGHTED. The guy deserves it, great wrestler, makes people look better then they are, awesome charisma just all round BRILLIANT.

BUT does anybody else think he's gunna have his Number 1 contender status taken off him next week when Teddy Long is back?

'You wasnt supposed to be in the match PLAYER' all that rubbish?

Thoughts?

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Doubt Teddy will take it off him, seeing as he won the match against 3 other guys.

I'm glad for this, certainly better than Edge/Kane and they need to start building this match right away so come Rumble time the crowd actually gives a fuck.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't think Teddy Long will take off his #1 contender status, Vickie is also an authority figure so the decision was legit, the other three guys were also assigned to the #1 contendership match without actually earning their position so Dolph more or less had the same rights to get in the match as well, and it's not like he got a random title shot, he actually beat the other three guys fair and square to win the #1 contendership. Ziggler deserves it and i can't wait to see his confrontation with Edge next week, the match also should be great.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
lol, awesome charisma. Right...

No, his #1 contendership status won't be taken away from him. WWE doesn't pull crap like that, but Teddy might let Edge choose the stipulation, or something to that effect that would make things more difficult for Ziggler. He won't have his title opportunity taken away from him though.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
There's no such thing as "awesome charisma" anyway. You either have it, or you don't, there's no describing it. And anyone who knows the definition of it can say Ziggler obviously has it. Denying it is just moronic.

All I can hope is they don't pull a morrison with the title shot, and he gets it at the Rumble. Haven't seen anything on the site yet.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Always liked Ziggler, he's one of few reasons to watch WWE nowadays. I'll probably order RR just because of Ziggler in WHC match.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do we really need so many threads about Ziggler's opportunity to get the title?
BTT: Ziggler will get his title shoot, because they create the angle with help of the past between Vickie and Edge.

stipulation? Do we really need a stipulation in every World Title-match. I don't think so.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
With me being at the Rumble, I really hope they do Edge/Ziggler there. I'm a huge Ziggler mark. I would've loved to see Miz/Morrison, too, but whatever.

Do we really need so many threads about Ziggler's opportunity to get the title?
BTT: Ziggler will get his title shoot, because they create the angle with help of the past between Vickie and Edge.

stipulation? Do we really need a stipulation in every World Title-match. I don't think so.
Dude, you've been here for 1 day. Quit complaining. You don't like "so many threads about Ziggler's opportunity to get the title" then leave. You won't have to see them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
A few thoughts

1. I think the WWE is serious about Ziggler´s push, and he will become WHC. It´s not a matter of "if" anymore, but "when". Why take the title off of him if you just want to test the waters? They could have a WHC/IC match at the rumble, which would be way better for everyone involved. The WHC would win against the midcarder, Ziggler´s rub would be even bigger (when was the last time a midcard champion with a long reign challenged the WHC?), and they could continue his reign and let it end against someone at a PPV.

2. If they are really only testing the waters, please don´t go the Money In The Bank route with Ziggler, that would go against everything that made this push so beautiful. Ziggler has to bite and claw his way to the title. A six-month briefcase angle would do more harm than good.

3. Although this sudden push was a bit abrupt, I love it nonetheless. That said, his face turn has to happen pretty soon now, over the next few weeks. Things are falling in place, and they should forge the iron as long as it´s hot, in my opinion.

·
Banned
328 Posts
My eyes were glued to the tube during this match. I was going to accept anyone winning other than Big Show, but that big sum-bitch kept absolutely dominating everyone, it was scaring the shit out of me. Most exciting match I've watched in a while and the person I wanted to win the most did. I'm a happy fan. I think it was one of the better Smackdown! shows overall, too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
With me being at the Rumble, I really

Dude, you've been here for 1 day. Quit complaining. You don't like "so many threads about Ziggler's opportunity to get the title" then leave. You won't have to see them.
Keep ccol. I just say what I am thinking.
The discussions would be more fluent if all arguments and theses would be in one thread.
It was only a idea to connect the different threads with the same topic.
I can live with that.
So come down kid, I don't complain, I just argue.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Keep ccol. I just say what I am thinking.
The discussions would be more fluent if all arguments and theses would be in one thread.
It was only a idea to connect the different threads with the same topic.
I can live with that.
So come down kid, I don't complain, I just argue.
Welcome to www.wrestlingforum.com
Lower your expectations. Start hating Cena and Orton. Accept Straight Edge into your life (or at least love the promos). You'll fit in just fine.

Back to the point at hand, it'll be interesting to see Dolph in this role. He really stepped up in his matches against Cena. He has enough ability to pull off a RR title match, since it isn't THE main event.
He also has more credibility than Dashing or Drew and I sure as hell don't want to see Big Show in a title match (sad to see he'll be burying Barrett though :( )

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I think Edge will have too much bravado to turn down a challenge. He will go against Teddy and fight Ziggler anyways.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
They really need to build this match, or else come Rumble, fans will know Edge is winning and won't give a fuck.

SUBSTANTIAL BUILD, WWE. They haven't even started building the Rumble yet so my hopes aren't high at all for a build into Edge/Ziggler.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
They really need to build this match, or else come Rumble, fans will know Edge is winning and won't give a fuck.

SUBSTANTIAL BUILD, WWE. They haven't even started building the Rumble yet so my hopes aren't high at all for a build into Edge/Ziggler.
LOL, they already do know Edge is winning. Ziggler has less credibility than Miz does.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
What? Everybody knows Edge is going to beat Ziggler, it has nothing to do with optimism.

They'll give that turd the world title eventually, though. He'll probably win SmackDowns MITB or something.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I dont see whats wrong with that. Ziggler is young, hungry, got a hell of a workrate, and pretty solid on the stick too. And he's continuously getting better. He wont be winning but hell, i'd like to see if this kid can hang in the main event scene.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts