Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the past month or so i've noticed something about ziggler, especially in his matches with randy orton and john cena that reminds me a lot of a young hbk from 94-96. ziggler can sell extremely well. hes got great timing and when working with a guy like cena, he can make him look phenomenal. i have found over the past few months i am becoming more and more a fan, and he hes starting to be one of the few wrestlers i have to watch when they are on tv. what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
ive been a fan of his since he debuted as dolph after spirit squad. i love the way he sells...and yeah it reminds me alot of hbk at times... just wished he'd get more mic time so he can eventually move up in to the ME.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
HBK, I wouldn't say so, I agree with the billy gun mention thou, because the move he does that looks like the famouster or whatever it was called.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He's more of Mr. Ass than HBK.

What is with the HBK comparisons? Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes....
I bet this thread would have never been made if he didn't do that super kick the other week. I may be wrong thou. :side:

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
i dont think he's near the level of HBK. I dont think he's bad, I actually think he's underutilized and has more talent than he's being a chance to display, but he isnt on the same level as HBK, not yet at least.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I really like him. He really impresses me. Reminds me alot of this guy...uhm..what's his name... oh yeah DOlph Ziggler.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Facial resemblances (as well as theme music) leans toward Mr. Perfect. Wrestling style is definitely more high-octane than HBK's was, even in his younger years. I think he can put on matches just as good as HBK if given the chance. If he can find some hot zone mic-wise, he can be pretty up there. I think the only thing holding him back is his very generic character right now.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Absolutely. He always puts on great matches and I've thought about this comparison since 2009 when he was on SmackDown.

I think some people in this thread think the OP was talking about looks, when in fact he was referring mainly to the way he works in the ring.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Not at all. He reminds me of a wannabe Mr.Perfect and Bad Ass Billy Gunn. The similarities are clear.
I was going to say the same thing, but without the wannabe bit. He reminds me of Mr Perfect and Billy Gunn, and as I was a big fan of both, that's a good thing in my opinion.

Dolph Ziggler has a bright future, but he could've done without the stupid name.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Really???? The only thing comparable is Ziggler is a fantastic wrestler. Apart from that Ziggler is probably the blandest dude in WWE. If itw as not for his wrestling I would have looked at him like I look at Otunga.

HBK was one of the most charismatic in the ring,no Jake Roberts on the mic but could hold his own against anyone. HBK trolling Canada & imitating Hogan are one of my all time favourite promos. The man cut very good promos as a heel. HBK had a connection with the crowd,Ziggler has nothing.

I am a huge fan of Ziggler's in-ring abilities & I value in-ring abilities a lot but comparison with HBK?? I fail to see any similarities.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The OP mainly said about selling, physically yeah he does resemble Mr. Perfect and Mr. Ass ( both Mr. ) but selling wize yes, he is just as good ( if not better )

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
People are so short sighted. Oh he looks a bit like Billy Gunn so we always have to compare them! This thread is about his in-ring style and I can see the similarities between him and HBK since Ziggler is great. Dolph is better than Gunn ever was..

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
not really hbk but i agree
i became a fan of him after these matches he had with edge
just the way he sold edges spears made me see wow that guy CAN sell really really really good and in the match with orton he made all of his moves look just yeah awesome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts