Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we all know that Ziggler is getting his push at the wrong time. Last year the ball was definitely in his court. The momentum was all with him. He was getting the heat, the crowd actually gave a crap bout Ziggler. I find it so damn strange that they didn't put the belt on him then (yes I know the Mysterio rumours and all) but chose to do it on a TV show with no build whatsoever. IMO anyone who has to work with Kofi kingston isn't gonna draw nor garner fan interest.

·
Registered
542 Posts
As much of a Ziggler mark I am (consider myself one of the biggest) I have to be realistic and say well atleast he finally got his chance to hold the title and is relevant. I remember back in November/December 2009 the Dirt sheets were all awash with WWE giving up on him.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I agree he should have won the IC title last year, but I see no problem with him winning it now, Kofi Kingston is very over so why would this feud not garner fan interest? Dolph is certainly getting plenty of heat for a midcarder.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I've convinced myself Ziggler was depushed because of McIntyre. It all makes sense. Rey dropped the title to Morrison because they wanted a strong face holding the title and Ziggler is far from meeting that description.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It was Mysterio's fault. Partially. Rey wouldn't drop the title to Dolph. Then creative had nothing for him (Dolph). If Rey would have, it would have opened new doors and a continued push.

He's more than ready. His match with Mysterio at last years Summer Slam was clear proof of that.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
It was Mysterio's fault. Partially. Rey wouldn't drop the title to Dolph. Then creative had nothing for him (Dolph). If Rey would have, it would have opened new doors and a continued push.

He's more than ready. His match with Mysterio at last years Summer Slam was clear proof of that.
How do you know? Do you work for WWE?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Maybe last year was indeed a better period, but the good thing is that he gets a title and he is being pushed. It's not too late for Dolph.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm happy they at least put the title on him in the first place.

I like this feud, though. Ziggler has a championship, and Kofi is showing that other side of his character.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
This Vickie crap is really bringing him down.

Would've been strong if he had the IC last year, but the WWE probably thought he wasn't ready, although we all know he showed it in the ring. I'd love to here some marks out for him during shows. Only time I recall was when I went to a SD! Show and the other side of the bleachers were chanting "Let's go Ziggler!"

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
dolph has been impressive as of late. the feud with kofi did both of them well. ziggler is getting good heat with vickie by his side and by beating an over face like kofi. kofi's post match ass whoopn's on ziggler have added another dimension to his character and the fans are really behind it...kofi is almost ready for the main event..but there aren't really any good feuds awaiting him with the people that are at the top on the sd brand now. maybe a feud with swagger, but i would rather see kofi and cody feud.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts