Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
-
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He going nowhere as a heel, jobbing to the likes of Brodus Clay. Do you think he needs to turn face, dump Vickie and Swagger and start fresh again?

·
Banned
788 Posts
Dolph Ziggler doesn't need to do fuck all.

Sorry im just sick of "this wrestler NEEDS to do this" threads.

Like sure, you have a cool idea or a plan that you would like to share, but for christ sakes stop acting like their career depends on it by next monday.

As for your thread topic, i don't see how his gimmick would work as face, he would need a whole new one, which would suck because having that doushebag showoff that gets owned all the time is actually pretty fun to watch. It would be like hiring a whole new wrestler if they did that, which is pretty pointless.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I actually like Ziggler & Swagger as a team and don't necessarily want them to break up.

However I do think that some aspects of his character can be done as a face. The way he talks on Ryder's webshow could easily make him another Rock or Jericho-like insult comic character. His small size and watching him get owned would actually make him a great underdog.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
The only thing Ziggler needs to do is work on his mic skills a bit and add that extra edge to his character. He has a good look, is in good shape, is athletic, has decent charisma, and is a good worker. He can also do pretty solid spots. The only thing he needs to do is work on his mic skills.

In terms of the way he's being pushed, he would in fact benefit from breaking off from Vickie. Problem is, he needs the mic skills to break ties. He's being held back by association at this point, but he's also holding himself back in a way by being average on the mic. (Note, I'm not saying he sucks on the mic, it's just that there's nothing outstanding about his mic work).

Imo, Ziggler is only a step or two away from being truly legit. He's very close right now (current lack of push and buildup not withstanding)

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Ziggler doesn't need to turn face, he needs to stop having interaction of any kind with Brodus Clay

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
He needs to keep developing his character, he is doing fine.

I agree, he needs to dump Vicki and probably Swagger...the time will beciome so obvious as to when a face turn would be appropriate.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The face turn had so many chances in the last 2 years now ? ? ? ? ? o.0 Has he had Vickie that long ? ? ? ? Right now I really dont care, I am enjoying any match he does win or lose, his time will hopefully come.. But I am in no rush since he is young.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Im a fan of a heel/face turn as it freshens up the scene but I dont think Ziggler needs to right now. He's so close to breaking through. I think patience plays a big role in the WWE and im confident that by the end of the summer we would have seen a lot more from Dolph Ziggler in terms of breaking out.

having said that I would be interested to see how a face turn goes, although I think his character plays a heel so much better.

that and he'd have to change his twitter username!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ziggler actually needs some of the least work of anyone on the roster. He needs to be given more exposure, more time with a mic in his hand (and the freedom to have some creative control over his character when on the mic), and better booking. Nic Nemeth is doing everything well; what ever is wrong can be blamed on booking (I'm sorry, 'Creative', as what they're doing does not deserve to be labeled as booking).

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
Dolph Ziggler doesn't need to do fuck all.

Sorry im just sick of "this wrestler NEEDS to do this" threads.

Like sure, you have a cool idea or a plan that you would like to share, but for christ sakes stop acting like their career depends on it by next monday.

As for your thread topic, i don't see how his gimmick would work as face, he would need a whole new one, which would suck because having that doushebag showoff that gets owned all the time is actually pretty fun to watch. It would be like hiring a whole new wrestler if they did that, which is pretty pointless.
What about HBK in the 90's? His sexy boy gimmick went well heel or face. He stayed cocky and interesting, I think Dolph could turn in a similar way and keep his cockiness.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Ziggler's perfectly fine as a heel. Leave him alone and let him develop into the main event star he can and will be.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
He needs to be involved in a decent feud, that is what he needs.

Why is he stuck feuding with the likes of Hornswoggle and Brodus Clay? Few months ago, he was in the WWE Championship match with CM Punk and both men have put on great matches together on the likes of Raw and at PPV's. We know he can go, the guy has wrestled twice on the same PPV, two PPV's in a row I believe? Give the guy a good feud, a well drawn out one that won't just make him, but will potentially make his opponent too.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You can't turn the #HEEL, nothing needs to be changed except for his booking.

Making him face won't change his booking, WWE Creative is just dropping the ball on him hard right now.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I love his rambling promos that are full of hilarious comments, I think if he stays EXACTLY as he is, but actually gets mic time it doesn't matter if he's #heel or #face, he could make a parody of him beeing a superhero, a good guy just like he's taking the piss out of him beeing a bad showoff villain right now. But please WWE, just give him a mic...and a good storyline.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts