Wrestling Forum banner

Dolph Ziggler is not World Heavyweight Championship material

4052 57
now I'm sure i will get flamed like crazy for saying this but he just isn't guys he gets no reaction from the crowd he lacks real presence and mic skills yes he is a good Wrestler but so was Shelton Benjamin and he never won a World Title in fact Shelton in my opinion is a better Wrestler than Dolph .

Ziggler is also constantly upstaged by Vickie all the crowd reaction they get is aimed at her he is just coming across right now as a spare part in the feud between Vickie and Edge Dolph needs to split from Vickie and go back to feuding for the IC Title for now and build up a character until then i cant take the guy seriously as a Main Eventer .
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
Re: Dolph Ziggler is not World Heavyweight Championship matirial

Couldn’t agree more cause Dolph Ziggler got the presence of a ant. He sound like a 10 year old on the microphone, he is very bland, he is the definition of a generic wrestler, I say Miz don’t have the look of a World Champion but atleast he got unlimited charisma, Ziggler don’t even have an ounce of it. Vickie is literally carrying this guy right now and he just screams mid-carder in every aspect.

I will give Ziggler credit of being in the top five of pure in-ring ability in the company, the man can wrestle like a World Champion but is atrocious in every other category-especially in appearance.

·
Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
I disagree, Ziggler is far better than Shelton. Shelton may be more athletic but he's spottier. Ziggler on the other hand has an insane workrate, bumps like no tomorrow, is more grounded and mat based, and overall, excellent. He's actually at the point where he can already carry wrestlers to a good match. Even though, he's still very young. For example , watch his RR match against Edge. He carried the SOB and actually made the spear look dangerous.

His biggest weakness is he's still learning on the stick, but thats irrelevant because he's consistently getting better and better. Yes, Vickie is where he's getting the majority of his heat, but what's wrong with having a heatseeking manager to help you out at the start?

·
Banned
11,216 Posts
You're correct in saying that. He simply isn't well-rounded enough to be a World Champion.

- He's lacking in physical presence.
- His voice is too high-pitched
- On the mic he is nothing more than competent.
- His finishers are atrocious (not his fault but unless he changes them he can't really be taken seriously).
- His current character isn't over because Vickie is 'the main attraction', see: Ted DiBiase & Maryse.

It's a shame that the WWE doesn't have a Cruiserweight Division for someone like Dolph. He's good technically in the ring and I don't have a dislike for him by any means, but he's not good enough to be a World Champ. I see him as Chris Jericho minus the mic-skills.

·
copy of a copy of a
4,194 Posts
I tried putting my point together with words, but redeadening said it best. He makes his presence known by being a ring general and making an effort to put on the best possible match no matter what. He managed to carry the Great Khali to a series of actually entertaining bouts, which alone speaks volumes.

·
Banned
6,914 Posts
I think Dolph has plenty of presence, he looks like a legitimate threat in the ring with other main eventers, much more presence than the current WWE champion The Miz who looks like a joke.

And this is actually a guy who could put on a PPV main event worthy performance no questions asked, he has a lot of charisma and he can get it done on the mic.

He may not be ready yet but he will be before long.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
9,284 Posts
I think Dolph Ziggler is a good wrestler with a good look and he's in a good position storyline wise, I see good things in this man's future.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
If we use Miz as the standard, of course Ziggler is more than capable of being a champion. He's capable of delivering a quality PPV match, he's passable enough on the mic, not to mention that he's got Vickie as his manager, which is very beneficial in terms of getting him over as a heel. I don't see anything wrong with him holding a world championship. But at this stage, maybe he shouldn't be a champion, he's still got plenty of times to develop and the audience have just started to warm up to him, there is no need to rush him to the top, but he definitely will get there someday.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The only thing he needs is a better character, see NXT and you will see that two Ziggler coexist, the one very funny and charismatic on NXT and the other on Smackdown, too-wise and hindered by the top heel WWE character of Vickie and his booking (but it seems to change as Dolph begins to re-equilibrate Vickie's thumb).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.