Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As he is now.... I don't think there's any point in pushing him Amy further. WWE should do what they did with Morrison and repackage Ziggler with a less ridiculous name. Why not his own name, Nick Nemeth? It has an almost rugged, manly quality to it which would fit him perfectly. It's also the same surname as the football legend. It's a name that says "take me seriously." Also, it might not hurt him to bulk up just a tad bit to fill out the look of the world or WWE title. And finally I think it would benefit him to tone down the show-off gimmick. Again, no one takes the little pink skirt and ass-shaking thing he does seriously. All of this I think is holding him back(also Vickie and Swagger but that goes without saying). Maybe he would also benefit from an attractive, up and coming diva as a valet, but probably not. Dolph Ziggler is finished.... A character that ok sure many people have lost interest in. But this Nick Nemeth guy.....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
He just isnt feuding right now, the guy is awesome. He can wrestle and his selling is awesome. You can see the effort he puts in

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not denying any of that did you read my post?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I don't think he should chance his name at this point.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
He already had one name change. His name isn't the problem. I do find it strange that you said they need to do with him what they did with Morrison (which they already did via a name/gimmick change at one point) when Morrison's repackaging never led to him accomplishing as much as Ziggler has already done.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The name is fine. He just needs to lose Vickie and Swagger and get a more serious heel gimmick. Being managed by Vickie is never gonna let him break the mid card. He's just booked like garbage in every sense of the word. In my opinion he's got star potential (no not just the illusion of star potential like morrison, ACTUAL potential). Like I said lose the 2 stooges and give him a serious heel gimmick and he's set.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Changing his name or his gimmick isn't going to do anything, the problem is him. He's not entertaining or marketable in the slightest, he's Tyson Kidd with a better look. There's no reason he should be used as anything but a tool to put other people over.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
As he is now.... I don't think there's any point in pushing him Amy further. WWE should do what they did with Morrison and repackage Ziggler with a less ridiculous name. Why not his own name, Nick Nemeth? It has an almost rugged, manly quality to it which would fit him perfectly. It's also the same surname as the football legend. It's a name that says "take me seriously." Also, it might not hurt him to bulk up just a tad bit to fill out the look of the world or WWE title. And finally I think it would benefit him to tone down the show-off gimmick. Again, no one takes the little pink skirt and ass-shaking thing he does seriously. All of this I think is holding him back(also Vickie and Swagger but that goes without saying). Maybe he would also benefit from an attractive, up and coming diva as a valet, but probably not. Dolph Ziggler is finished.... A character that ok sure many people have lost interest in. But this Nick Nemeth guy.....
No.

First off, Dolph Ziggler is an awesome name (yes, really) which stands out and gets you noticed. Secondly, remember Serious Ziggler from last year with the awful marine haircut? Yeah, that turned out well.

Bleach blonde, dressed-in-pink, in-your-face, show-off, flamboyant, cocky, overzealous Dolph Ziggler is the only real Dolph fucking Ziggler. Tone down absolutely nothing.

This era lacks standout characters and you want more generic and serious? Don't kid yourself. It's wrestling.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
So basically OP you want him to become an bland generic product of WWE developmental if he would drop all the flamboyance and character he possesses right now and to change his name from one that truly stands out?

Remember last year the few weeks he reverted to his natural hair color? Yeah that was truly amazing... Evan Bourne's big brother in the sea of lookalikes and clones.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Is his gimmick holding him back? Maybe.
Could you argue it's a similar gimmick to that of Mr Perfect. The Mr Perfect character had great matches and some great fueds but never went higher than the Intercontinental title and as most of us know Curt Hennig was unbelievably talented and succesful in the AWA.
Ziggler has an opportunity to shine. He just needs a re-push at the right time. Could his persona work as a face? Dunno!

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
The problem isn't his name, it's his horrendous booking. I wouldn't say he's a lost cause, he'll be around the midcard/upper midcard scene for many years to come but I've given up on him ever being a main eventer, he might get the Smackdown Title but even that isn't really that likely.

WWE seem to prefer pushing a fat washed up 40 year old who was only a lower midcarder in his prime.

·
Registered
132 Posts
He need to drop Swagger and Vickie then get a non-title Main event feud. Once thats over all he needs to do is win a World title and hes back on track. His character is fine(with some mic time it will get better). Ziggler doesn't need to be made serious there is enough characters that are very serious in the Main Event right now.

·
Banned
882 Posts
No patience. Nice to know you give guys a chance though. I agree using his real name would be nice, sort of a way of him rebelling his current career and just being himself more, but to say no more push and claiming he's a lost cause when he's far better than most of the roster is pretty lame.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
No.

First off, Dolph Ziggler is an awesome name (yes, really) which stands out and gets you noticed. Secondly, remember Serious Ziggler from last year with the awful marine haircut? Yeah, that turned out well.

Bleach blonde, dressed-in-pink, in-your-face, show-off, flamboyant, cocky, overzealous Dolph Ziggler is the only real Dolph fucking Ziggler. Tone down absolutely nothing.

This era lacks standout characters and you want more generic and serious? Don't kid yourself. It's wrestling.
Perhaps he needs to be more flamboyant, overzealous and show-off, because right now he's another generic arrogant and cocky heel only being different in a pair of mannerism he does in the ring. He needs to stand out even more, perhaps wearing a singlet or long tights instead of the trunks.

I think Dolph Ziggler is the worst name ever-alongside the likes of Derrick Bateman or Trent Barreta- but it's a little late for that.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
What Ziggler really needs to do is lose a few matches, say that Swagger and Vickie are hurting him more than helping him, and go off on his own. If he can't hack it then then the anti-Ziggler people will have been right and he'll continue to be second fiddle to Kofi as the mid-card king.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts