Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Dolph Ziggler holds the United States Championship until Survivor Series, he will have held this title on Raw roughly the same amount of time as he held the Intercontinental Championship on SmackDown.

In your own opinion, which has been Ziggler's better reign as secondary champion?

Reasons can include what brand he was on, who he's fueded with, the type of matches he's been in, or what storylines were currently taking place, etc.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
He never left Vickie, but I guess maybe the IC, beacuase it lead to a World championship ( no matter how shitty it was ). I am completely basing it on that, Yet I like his U.S reign beest.

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
I guess his US title reign has been more effective, because this time, I actually believe that he'll be a future world champion, which I did not feel at any point during his IC title reign. Then again, that might be because he already held it, but nevertheless, he's been featured more appropriately as far as build up, I think.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I guess his US title reign has been more effective, because this time, I actually believe that he'll be a future world champion, which I did not feel at any point during his IC title reign. Then again, that might be because he already held it, but nevertheless, he's been featured more appropriately as far as build up, I think.
This kinda sums it up nicely, ever since Ziggler moved to Raw, he has been nothing but improving. Ziggler in this reign is now letting his natural sparks fly, I literally thought nothing of Dolph when I first noticed him. I now look at Ziggler and see this man as a great future holder of the WWE title, and if booked right, he can surely be the best holder of that title in a long time.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It's easily his US title reign. Hands down. Him being the US champion has increased his profile and standing with the company by miles ahead than he was as an IC champion. Ziggler is having the best feud in the company against Swagger (on/off yes but still).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd have to say his IC title reign, because it was a lot more memorable for me.

I can remember him feuding with Kofi and Swagger, I can remember their 3-way ladder match, as well as his match with Daniel Bryan.

When I think about his current US title reign, I think of a feud with Swagger that didn't happen. His only title defense at a PPV was the 4-way match at Night of Champions, that was basically thrown together at the last minute.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,835 Posts
Hes coming off much stronger as the US champion because his story lines are actually...story lines... Hes also not FULLY relying on vikki which is a huge plus.

also he faces more people then kofi every fucking match.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
His IC title reign was alright but nothing really special. It did bring him up a level though. This US reign is really getting him out there in the main event scene it seems and he's just been more enjoyable since winning it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Definetely his US title reign because it's on the 'A-show' and he's currently featured in a major angle. With that said, I hope he drops it soon so he can move on to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It is hard to say, they have both been good. It seems like when he was the Intercontinental Champion, he was more of a fighting champion, defending it against Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger. He also had that series of matches with Daniel Bryan. Vickie did most of the talking and he mainly focused on his work in the ring.
On the other hand, he has matured as a wrestler with through his US title reign. He carries himself like a big time player, he cuts more promos, and he has developed more of a presence where people can see that he has some more world titles in his future.
As to which title reign is better, I guess it depends on if you prefer his work in the ring or on the mic.

·
HEADBANGA
21,318 Posts
His IC title led him directly to a WHC title program so I'd say that was the better of the two. Him being on RAW is giving him way more exposure but he won't be main eventing any time soon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Name 1 memorable match from his US title reign where he defended the belt
The fatal four way?

To be honest, I feel that when Ziggler loses the US title, it'll be a bigger deal than any of the WWE title changes after Money in the Bank. I'm not sure whether that's Dolph's credibility or the shittiness of the WWE title's booking.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I cant think of a memorable match as US Champ from Ziggler

I can however think of numerous matches during his IC Title reign

Kaval vs Dolph
Danielson vs Dolph at Bragging Rights was amazing, hell fans voted it one of the highest matches on WWE.com
Some of his matches vs Kofi

1 - 20 of 27 Posts