Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from yesterday house show in Knoxville, Tennessee

Ziggler came to the ring to cut a promo and actually did a good job during his promo. He introduced Mason Ryan as an extra insurance policy and promised he would never lose again with his added insurance. John Cena's music played and the crowd went crazy, the loudest so far of the night. Knoxville seems to be pro Cena.

6. John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/Mason Ryan). Cena had his elbow and upper arm taped heavily. Cena even tried to take his shirt off and even had problems doing so, you could actually see the pain in his face. Granted, he may possibly be injured but if not did a good job selling it. Cena did his usual running block and held his arm in pain each time he ran into Ziggler. I tried to get the Let's go Cena/Cena sucks chant but nobody wanted to chime in on the Cena sucks part.

Dolph had control through most of the match then it started going back and forth. Cena did some nice reversals. Cena went for an early STF and Ziggler kicked him away. Ziggler started going back to work on Cena's left arm and elbow. Ziggler did a handstand in the middle of the ring using Cena's body as support. Cena lifted up Ziggler and tried an AA even though I think he messed up somewhat. Cena did his You Can't See Me and hit the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Ziggler, and Ziggler kicked out. Ziggler had Cena down again and Cena powered back and tried another AA. Ziggler countered and fell off Cena's shoulders which in turn knocked the referee down.

Cena went for the STF and Ziggler was tapping out but no referee, then Mason Ryan came in and attacked Cena from behind. The ref came around and Cena kicked out around two and a half. Cena went for the AA and got the pin, Cena won in 15 minutes. Overall, a very good match between Cena and Ziggler. Mason is a huge man for sure. I was in row three and I had trouble looking around him when he was standing in front of me. On a side note, Cena asked for the mic and started to sing Rocky Top and the crowd joined in.
replacing Vickie and Swaggwe with Rayan!
stupid move imo if they are thinking about doing this on tv .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Stupid idea giving him a bodyguard if they're just gonna make him job all the time.

·
Banned
787 Posts
lol Ziggler beat his new bodyguard(Ryan) in superstars.whats the point for bodyguard if u can beat him? .Ofcourse no logic in the wwe.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this story comes along.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
It's about time he dumped Vickie. She did wonders for him, but it's time to move on. I don't want him to feud with Vickie or Swagger, but I hope they make him dumping Vickie into something big so that the progression of his character feels important and noteworthy. This might be what he takes to push him into the main event. Hopefully they make him more fierce and have him stop doing crazy bumps for people and matches that aren't important.

lol Ziggler beat his new bodyguard(Ryan) in superstars.whats the point for bodyguard if u can beat him? .Ofcourse no logic in the wwe.
Or maybe they know that nobody watches Superstars.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Stupid idea giving him a bodyguard if they're just gonna make him job all the time.
Perhaps the jobbing will soon come to an end. If he is getting rid of Vickie, that's the first improvement right there.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this story comes along.
Bodyguards don't have to be better, just be good enough to protect you. And for ego purposes, I can see DZ hiring a guy that he knew was good but inferior, just so he knew that guy would never rebel and become a bigger star. He doesn't wanna see another HBK/Diesel happen.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Give him a bodyguard and he still loses. Great idea.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Give him a bodyguard and he still loses. Great idea.
Well yes, he was facing Cena. The WWE isnt exactly in the habit of letting the midcard help themselves to victories over their number 1 guy.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am not against dumping vickie actually it is a good move and in the right time(if they are going to do this on tv in the next weeks) but hiring mason rayan who is jobbing non stop and has nothing to offer is the stupid move i was refering too

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
The only thing he needs is mic time.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
I thought Mason Ryan was face? The fuck?

If Ryan just stays as his bodyguard, he leaves Vickie and is given some creative freedom to further develop himself with Ryan strictly staying as some sort of insurance policy and doesn't speak, wrestle or make any of the cringe worthy facial expressions he does, than I am fine with it :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Vickie rarely appears at house shows so I don't think this is a sign of him dumping her and swagger, I reckon Mason Ryan may join Vickies stable like I mentioned a few months ago. Vickie can do mason's talking for him and then a few months down the line, dolph could dump vickie or she could dump him because of mason.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Ryan is an interesting choice.

He is too big to actually do anything I'm ring, but as he's huge he'd be good just protecting Ziggler when he needs to. This isn't HBK and Diesel but it could be an interesting couple of months for Ryan.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Seems like they want to break Ziggler away from Vickie, but they don't know what to do with him after that happens so they're testing things out. I really think Ziggler just needs some mic time to flesh out his gimmick.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Ziggler needs to go to smackdown.But i prefer Miz.Because after draft and after filiming that low budget movie Marine 3 .The Miz gets push and becomes WHC.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
Oh please don't let this translate to tv. We don't need to see Batista v2 on tv ever again.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts