Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Broski of the Week
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like Ziggler. I think he has all of the tools to go far. I just want to know what you guys think; will Dolph ever reach the promise land and become Heavyweight Champion?

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Ziggler has changed mind as far as ring work goes but he needs to step up his game in all other areas

He is leaning completely on vickie for heat and promos even

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think so even though I am very high on him myself. At least not at this point. He just seems to be missing something currently.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I can't see it. Ziggler is really nothing but the guy who puts over the guy that WWE actually wants to push.

He's a very good wrestler, but he does NOT have "it". He just doesn't.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think he's capable of it but I doubt WWE will go all the way with him. He's having a very entertaining IC title run, better than anyone else in recent memory. I hope he does become a world champ. they just need to give him more mic time :cussin:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I can't see it. Ziggler is really nothing but the guy who puts over the guy that WWE actually wants to push.

He's a very good wrestler, but he does NOT have "it". He just doesn't.
The Miz doesnt have "it", and neither did Swagger but they both won WWE/World titles, so I think Ziggler, who has been putting on great matches, can one day be champ, but I wouldnt rush it like the WWE did with the Miz/Swagger.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
The Miz doesnt have "it", and neither did Swagger but they both won WWE/World titles, so I think Ziggler, who has been putting on great matches, can one day be champ, but I wouldnt rush it like the WWE did with the Miz/Swagger.
WWE doesn't care about wrestling and Swagger is a former ECW champ and is pretty big and we know Vince's hard on for big men.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
The hell they dont

The Miz oozes natural chrisma and ahs the best character in the WWE

Swagger is the Total package

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can see it happening in the future. Come to think of it, I'm actually very excited to see what WWE's future has in store when all the very familiar superstars are retired.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I liked Ziggler as soon as I saw him. Loved the cocky persona that he plays so well without it getting excessive, and the guy can put on a good match with anyone. For example, he's one of the few guys that has pulled a good match out of the Great Khali - even Triple H couldn't do that.

Ziggler is definitely championship material. He's just a genuine talent, unlike some other belt holders. Here's hoping.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
The real test comes when he tries to advance to the next level from where he is right now. Dolph Ziggler feels right as "Vickie's lover" and Intercontinental Champion putting on excellent midcard matches. At a certain point, he's going to have to prove there's more to him than that--demonstrate to all of us that he can offer a whole lot more. He's getting better, he's sooo much more comfortable on the mic right now than he was a year ago, but he still has a long way to go. Also, as fine as he is in the ring, his style could be argued to be "midcardish" in its blending of technical/brawling/high-flying/indy-like speed, etceteras. He has an impressive moveset, just has to put on the finishing touches of ensuring that every move feels as though it truly counts.

He's perfect right where he is, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. Whether he emerges as something that demands to be elevated higher is up to him, I'd say. WWE's not as high on him as a huge future star as they are on guys like, say, Miz, Punk, Del Rio, Swagger, Kofi, Morrison, etceteras. He's almost like the orphan of the Youth Movement, but he's picking up the rear nicely and he could very well surprise many in the next two, three years in how far he can go.

I'm on the fence because it's an open book and we're still waiting to see more chapters written. It's not like Del Rio where the guy just walks in one night (was there in attendance, whoo!) and you say to yourself, "He's a future world champion in WWE." (Honestly, I knew Dos Caras, Jr. long before his WWE debut and went on the record here to predict him becoming a world champion a few months before his actual debut. But nevertheless...) Ziggler's going to have to get the rough climb treatment over a long period of time. I just can't tell you whether or not he can get sufficiently over without leaning on Vickie, or if he has a great babyface run somewhere inside of him, I just don't know, but he's got a tougher road ahead of him due to being so far back in the Youth Movement pack--I doubt WWE wants every single one of the Youth Movement prospects of today to become a world champion since that dilutes the importance of the championship(s) but if Ziggler's talents demand that he be pushed that hard one day, he could very well make it.

In other words, I don't know. I wouldn't count him out, but I can't say that he's set, either. Very mercurial and murky.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
The real test comes when he tries to advance to the next level from where he is right now. Dolph Ziggler feels right as "Vickie's lover" and Intercontinental Champion putting on excellent midcard matches. At a certain point, he's going to have to prove there's more to him than that--demonstrate to all of us that he can offer a whole lot more. He's getting better, he's sooo much more comfortable on the mic right now than he was a year ago, but he still has a long way to go. Also, as fine as he is in the ring, his style could be argued to be "midcardish" in its blending of technical/brawling/high-flying/indy-like speed, etceteras. He has an impressive moveset, just has to put on the finishing touches of ensuring that every move feels as though it truly counts.

He's perfect right where he is, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. Whether he emerges as something that demands to be elevated higher is up to him, I'd say. WWE's not as high on him as a huge future star as they are on guys like, say, Miz, Punk, Del Rio, Swagger, Kofi, Morrison, etceteras. He's almost like the orphan of the Youth Movement, but he's picking up the rear nicely and he could very well surprise many in the next two, three years in how far he can go.

I'm on the fence because it's an open book and we're still waiting to see more chapters written. It's not like Del Rio where the guy just walks in one night (was there in attendance, whoo!) and you say to yourself, "He's a future world champion in WWE." (Honestly, I knew Dos Caras, Jr. long before his WWE debut and went on the record here to predict him becoming a world champion a few months before his actual debut. But nevertheless...) Ziggler's going to have to get the rough climb treatment over a long period of time. I just can't tell you whether or not he can get sufficiently over without leaning on Vickie, or if he has a great babyface run somewhere inside of him, I just don't know, but he's got a tougher road ahead of him due to being so far back in the Youth Movement pack--I doubt WWE wants every single one of the Youth Movement prospects of today to become a world champion since that dilutes the importance of the championship(s) but if Ziggler's talents demand that he be pushed that hard one day, he could very well make it.

In other words, I don't know. I wouldn't count him out, but I can't say that he's set, either. Very mercurial and murky.
I agree with your post 100%. He feels right at home with the IC belt around his waist wrestling in the midcard. And I know people compared him a million times to this legend, but I think his career will turn out kind of like Mr.Perfect's to be completely honest.

He will win a lot of titles, but never the big one. With how good of a wrestler he is, he has the ability to make the hall of fame without winning a major title. I think that's how his career will go.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I can definitely see that. I've noticed that Ziggler himself says his greatest ambition is to be considered one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Nowhere in that statement is the point that he wants to be at the top or one of the biggest stars. Now, if he could get to the top, he'd almost surely love that, but his greatest aspiration is to be ranked as a truly great wrestler first, everything else coming second. And in that way, I agree. He's constantly compared to him, but I too can definitely see his career being approximately similar to Mr. Perfect's: perpetual upper midcarder who wears multiple championships and puts on a catalogue of fine matches but never quite wins the big one. And as you say, he could be a Hall of Famer without a world championship victory. We'll just have to see how his career goes.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
He could become one. He's that good in the ring, but he needs to work on some promos. Because than he could be the total package, cos everyone knows he has the in-ring skills.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ziggler reminds me a lot of Stunning Steve Austin, way more than Mr. Perfect. That doesn´t mean he could be the next Stone Cold, his mic skills are servicable, but nowhere near Austin`s, but his good all-round skills and high intensity are very similar to him, in my opinion.

It all depends on how much he develops on the mic, but if he does, I see no reason why he couldn´t be a fíxture in the main event. I think a slight gimmick change and a good, meaningful face run is all he really needs to get the crowd behind him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts