Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next was Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena. Ziggler came out with Ryan as his "Diesel-like" muscle. Ziggler confronted Justin Roberts on forgetting to announce him correctly; cue Cena's music. The crowd immediately went wild. Biggest pop of the night.
*results from a live taping.

Being a cocky heel with a large muscular body guard type, similar to that of Shawn Michaels and Diesel, way back when.

Is Mason Ryan a good replacement for Vicky? assuming she's gone now and that Mason Ryan will continue to represent Ziggler.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Not to forget that once HBK broke away from Marty that he was jobbed quite a bit before he starter maineventing.

Reactions: the modern myth

·
What?
13,511 Posts
They have been doing this at house shows for a few weeks now. I think it will link in with Abe Washington somehow, maybe having Dolph dropping Vickie but signing with Abe to keep him as a heel. He doesn't need someone to talk for him anymore, he needs someone to help him win matches.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have been doing this at house shows for a few weeks now. I think it will link in with Abe Washington somehow, maybe having Dolph dropping Vickie but signing with Abe to keep him as a heel. He doesn't need someone to talk for him anymore, he needs someone to help him win matches.
Yeah, he needs desperatley to move away from Vickie now. I agree with the need for Dolph to have someone help win matches, great heel tactic. We know how good Dolph is these days and with a guy like Mason ryan on the outside it onwards and upwards - maybe!

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
if they do give him Ryan as a bodyguard it will be better for Ziggler. The whole Vickie thing has ran its course Ziggler is over enough now to be on his own. Perhpas Ziggler does get into the Abe group cos god knows that geek squad needs a star like Dolph to make them look legit.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ziggler needs to win Money in the Bank for people to start taking him seriously. And when he wins the title, he needs to hold it for quite a long time. Even when he loses the championship, they need to make him win it back pretty quickly. I just hope they don't make the same mistake as the did with The Miz and that is when he loses the title he gets pushed away from the main event.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
He does remind me slightly of HBK. He's not as likeable though, obviously doesn't have the charisma and his wrestling skills aren't quite that good. Thats not to say this couldn't work, just he'll never reach HBK heights.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He does remind me slightly of HBK. He's not as likeable though, obviously doesn't have the charisma and his wrestling skills aren't quite that good. Thats not to say this couldn't work, just he'll never reach HBK heights.
But was HBK really that likeable at the same stage of his career? Nope!

Just an observation. Ziggler already out performs most of the roster. He has amazing stamina too, which bodes well for him in the future. He's very reliable in the ring too.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I see it more like Christian and Tomko, if the reports are right Ziggler even called Ryan his "problem solver"...

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Ziggler's a great talent not as good as HBK but still pretty good but the main difference between the two IMO is Michaels had friends in high places along with the fact he wasn't shy in telling the suits what he thought. Ziggler doesn't have either of those somewhat qualities and seems like the type of guy which gets told he's jobbing and accepts it and decides hes going to put on a great match so hopefully they use him better which never is the case.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Putting old superstars on a pedestal and saying "X WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS Y HURR DURR" is how you end up hating current rosters. Most superstars has the potential and ability to become the next big thing until proven otherwise. You never know how someone is going to get pushed or how fan reactions will change until it happens.

This is why I hate half of the forum users. It seems you guys come here just to complain.

Dolph Ziggler could become the next HBK, as much as I hate referring to a superstar as "the next [name]". That being said, he could also become the next 1-2-3 Kid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if Ryan is going to be the new Diesel and Dolph is going to be the new Shawn Michaels. WWE needs to do it the right way, because they have been messing up a lot of things lately

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
There is a bigger chance that Mason Ryan will be the new Kevin Nash than that Dolph Ziggler will be the new Shawn Michaels.
Ziggler sucks big time

·
Banned
882 Posts
HBK was never likable, at least not since he left the Rockers. He had plans to make it to the top and didn't hide the fact that he was willing to screw over whomever to get there. I enjoy Zigglers match almost as much as HBKs, but it doesn't seem like DZ is the type to fuck people.

There is a bigger chance that Mason Ryan will be the new Kevin Nash than that Dolph Ziggler will be the new Shawn Michaels.
Ziggler sucks big time
Says the guy who calls Russo a wrestling god. Ha!!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I see Ziggler following Mr. Perfect's footsteps, he's like a reincarnation of him. When he first debuted, I actually thought they were related. I hardly see any differences. Similar hairstyle, similar look, similar attire, both think they're 'perfect', similar move-set, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts