Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an episode of Pawn Stars where someone brought in an outfit of Randy Savage. It was pants, a shirt and a cowboy hat and it was autographed. The expert said it was worth about $10,000 if he could link it to an actual event where Randy wore it, but since he couldn't, it was worth $7,000.

This got me thinking, how much would other wrestling memorabilia be worth? Like what about the championship belt that Bruno had? Or the convertible that Austin filled with cement on Raw? Or a bandana that Hogan wore to the ring?

When it comes to apparel that wrestlers wore during an event, let's just pretend there's a way to prove it's the real thing.

Honky Tonk Man's jumpsuits, the Million Dollar Championship, think of whatever you want and say what dollar value it would have to a collector.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
I saw an episode of Pawn Stars where someone brought in an outfit of Randy Savage. It was pants, a shirt and a cowboy hat and it was autographed. The expert said it was worth about $10,000 if he could link it to an actual event where Randy wore it, but since he couldn't, it was worth $7,000.

This got me thinking, how much would other wrestling memorabilia be worth? Like what about the championship belt that Bruno had? Or the convertible that Austin filled with cement on Raw? Or a bandana that Hogan wore to the ring?

When it comes to apparel that wrestlers wore during an event, let's just pretend there's a way to prove it's the real thing.

Honky Tonk Man's jumpsuits, the Million Dollar Championship, think of whatever you want and say what dollar value it would have to a collector.
Pawn Stars? Really? I'll give you an advice: Do not believe what History sells out. Once showed Paul Bearer's WWE HOF ring. Later, Bearer's sons stated that ring is fake.

· Banned
The King Of AEW Section & Rants
15,843 Posts
I'm a collector and know what suit you're talking about. It was still for sale on the Pawn Stars website as of a few months ago for the $7000.00 it was appraised at and in my opinion it's probably worth just under half of what they're looking to get for it (Probably around $3000)

Wrestling memorabilia isn't worth much at all. Of course if you can get deceased hall of famers and have proof they've actually owned the item or signed it you can get a decent amount but not often over a couple thousand dollars. Someone was trying to sell an 8X10 that was allegedly signed by Andre The Giant and was only looking for $950.00 I believe.

However a John Cena signed photo or a Hulk Hogan signed 8X10 would probably only go for around $100-$150 if that.

The items you make mention of such as Bruno's belt would go for some dollars (Tens of thousands) but I'd consider them more historical items and a regular collector wouldn't be able to really get their hands on it. It might be interesting for you to learn that THE NWA World Heavyweight Title that Rob Conway held 5 or so years ago and was defended all over Asia and North America sold on eBay 2-3 years ago for about $2500 USD. Alternatively Triple H bought the actual original version of the belt that was held by Harley Race, Ric Flair etc for $60,000 USD. If you go on eBay stuff like Hogan's tights from Mania 3 and coincidentally enough a Honky Tonk Man suit are available and have been for AGES for ridiculous prices.

Alternatively something like a ring used Ultimo Dragon mask might go for $250-$300. There is some ring gear from the WCW Souled Out 1997 PPV that Scott Norton wore for sale on a website for just $250.

Me personally in my collection I have some vintage items (Flair, Sting, Race, Rich, Sammartino autographs) and no individual item is worth more than $200.00.

· Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a collector and know what suit you're talking about. It was still for sale on the Pawn Stars website as of a few months ago for the $7000.00 it was appraised at and in my opinion it's probably worth just under half of what they're looking to get for it (Probably around $3000)

Wrestling memorabilia isn't worth much at all. Of course if you can get deceased hall of famers and have proof they've actually owned the item or signed it you can get a decent amount but not often over a couple thousand dollars. Someone was trying to sell an 8X10 that was allegedly signed by Andre The Giant and was only looking for $950.00 I believe.

However a John Cena signed photo or a Hulk Hogan signed 8X10 would probably only go for around $100-$150 if that.

The items you make mention of such as Bruno's belt would go for some dollars (Tens of thousands) but I'd consider them more historical items and a regular collector wouldn't be able to really get their hands on it. It might be interesting for you to learn that THE NWA World Heavyweight Title that Rob Conway held 5 or so years ago and was defended all over Asia and North America sold on eBay 2-3 years ago for about $2500 USD. Alternatively Triple H bought the actual original version of the belt that was held by Harley Race, Ric Flair etc for $60,000 USD. If you go on eBay stuff like Hogan's tights from Mania 3 and coincidentally enough a Honky Tonk Man suit are available and have been for AGES for ridiculous prices.

Alternatively something like a ring used Ultimo Dragon mask might go for $250-$300. There is some ring gear from the WCW Souled Out 1997 PPV that Scott Norton wore for sale on a website for just $250.

Me personally in my collection I have some vintage items (Flair, Sting, Race, Rich, Sammartino autographs) and no individual item is worth more than $200.00.

Thanks for the info. I've seen autographed pictures of Hogan and Ric Flair sell for $100.

· Banned
15,843 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've seen autographed pictures of Hogan and Ric Flair sell for $100.
You're welcome.

I have this big 18X24 print of Ric Flair as NWA World Heavyweight Champion which was autographed by him. I think it was only about 100 dollars not including shipping. Hulk is a bit more because he signs less and doesn't do conventions.

· Registered
24,213 Posts
Wrestling memorabilia isn't worth anything. Better off putting your money in something that will make you some if you're in that sort of business. I remember a friend of mine paid $25,000 for his DVD collection only to find out it's worth about $400. :lmao

Think you need to watch some better shows OP. Pawn Stars like Real Housewives, is created for one purpose. And it's not to show you the inner workings of a pawn store.

· Registered
4,208 Posts
A collector’s item is worth exactly what you can get for it, not a penny more or less.

Someone can appraise it at a price and put it on sale for that price but if no one’s buying it’s not worth that.

· Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm guessing here, but I'd say Vader's tights and mask together, autographed, might sell for about $900. Rey Mysterio's mask that he wore for WrestleMania 22 might be worth $500. A Ric Flair ring worn robe from the eigthties would have to be worth $5,000, at least.

· Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked something up. A game worn Mike Schmidt jersey from 1989, autographed, is estimated to be worth $5,000 to $7,500. Now Mike Schmidt is still alive, but that is very comparable to Randy Savage's outfit being sold for $8,500 (Pawn Stars is now claiming it was ring worn). Savage is one of the biggest wrestling stars of the 80's and all time, and Schmidt is one of the greatest baseball players of the 70's, 80's and all time.

· Banned
15,843 Posts
Wrestling memorabilia isn't worth anything. Better off putting your money in something that will make you some if you're in that sort of business. I remember a friend of mine paid $25,000 for his DVD collection only to find out it's worth about $400. :lmao
I don't think anyone gets into buying collectibles in hopes that they'd one day be worth something unless they're completely ignorant to the scene.

I remember going to a football game in 2002 when I was 11 years old and I had a bunch of players sign a football I had. I remember my Uncle who was with me that day telling me to keep the football because it could one day "Be a massive contribution to my future".

Quite a few famous players signed the ball and quite a few well knowns. Even got a few legends on it who were at the stadium for some kind of ceremony. I still have the ball in 2019 and I'd estimate the value of it to be around $30.00 if all of the signatures were in pristine condition. Unfortunately they're not so I keep the ball as a reminder of what a cool day I had.

Alternatively I had someone gift me a Dude Love Classic Superstars "Rare" chase figurine when I was a teenager. I was told "Hold onto it for 10 years and it'll probably be worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars". I still have it and a quick eBay search shows it's on eBay for about 30 US dollars (About 40-45 in my currency).

The only people getting rich off collectibles are those that are collectors themselves and absolutely know their shit and it's usually autographs, old comics and movies that people "get rich" off.

Anyone investing in wrestling memorabilia to get rich is an idiot.

I'm guessing here, but I'd say Vader's tights and mask together, autographed, might sell for about $900. Rey Mysterio's mask that he wore for WrestleMania 22 might be worth $500. A Ric Flair ring worn robe from the eigthties would have to be worth $5,000, at least.
Way off I'd think.

Vader's tights and mask together autographed assuming ring used probably 2000 or so. Maybe a little more due to passing away.

Rey Mysterio's Mania mask assuming ring worn with proof I'd say thousands. He's very popular and WrestleMania memorabilia itself is quite expensive. Throw in the fact that Mania 22 is one of Rey's biggest moments of his 20+ year wrestling career and collectors would go mental for it.

A worn Ric Flair robe you're correct. 5000+ and probably well into 10-15 thousand if it was a "special" robe that was made for a Starrcade or a big NWA Title match.

I looked something up. A game worn Mike Schmidt jersey from 1989, autographed, is estimated to be worth $5,000 to $7,500. Now Mike Schmidt is still alive, but that is very comparable to Randy Savage's outfit being sold for $8,500 (Pawn Stars is now claiming it was ring worn). Savage is one of the biggest wrestling stars of the 80's and all time, and Schmidt is one of the greatest baseball players of the 70's, 80's and all time.
I guess it depends on where Savage wore it. If he wore it at a Mania or Summerslam or even a Starrcade, Halloween Havoc etc it's going to be worth much more than if he wore it on a random Monday Nitro or a house show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.