Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 6 hour show Orton vs Rusev gets a 10 sec match.It didn't seem either of them had any injuries.

If you look at raw you can see the effort they put on the main event segments and matches.

Last man standing matches,triple threats,fatal 4 ways on raw.
While SD gets Punjabi prison,hoh crap,slide show matches.

Huge matches like AJ vs Orton and Cena vs Nakamura on random sd.
Books shitty main events for smackdown pay per view and big4s.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I thought that at first then I heard their head writer say results don't matter and it hit me they're not doing it on purpose they just don't have a clue

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I swear to god I predicted this will happen at the end of 2016, because SD was just on another level of greatness and kicking RAW's ass every week, there was no competition. Look what we have now, it turned into the worst show of all time in a span of a few months. They're geniuses in destroying the good things and maximizing the absolute SHIT things.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I swear to god I predicted this will happen at the end of 2016, because SD was just on another level of greatness and kicking RAW's ass every week, there was no competition. Look what we have now, it turned into the worst show of all time in a span of a few months. They're geniuses in destroying the good things and maximizing the absolute SHIT things.
In their view they had no choice but to weaken the Smackdown roster. Raw's ratings were cratering and Smackdown's were up. WWE's TV deal is predicated primarily on RAW doing well, and if there were a prolonged period where Smackdown surged ahead of Raw it could have...undesirable consequences. So Smackdown's core talent were sent to Raw.

And if Raw plummets again this fall, they will raid Smackdown further. Styles and Owens will go to Raw. And once Smackdown falls to catastrophically low levels next year, they will merge the rosters.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
RAW IS THE FLAGSHIP DAMMIT :vince5

Reactions: Ace

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,311 Posts
Smackdown has been trash for a LONG time. The shakeup just put them in the toilet. The lack of starpower and the flagrant incompetence of the writing team are largely at fault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts