Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada. For years and years and years we got RAW live. But for the past several years it's been on a 15-minute delay. It pisses me off, because not only do I have to avoid spoilers on forums like this, but if they have any kind of interaction (example vote for a match you want to see later in the night), we're 15 minutes behind, and they might have closed the poll by then.

I'm curious as to what countries get RAW live, and what countries get it on delay.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Same here buddy. I live in Canada too, so it pisses me the hell off that we get a 15 Minute delay. Some of you might think, "So what, it's just 15 Minutes, it's not like an hour long delay or anything", but it is really annoying when you actually surf the forums and watch on TV.

That's why I just stream RAW on my computer. Much better, and it's not PPV's where your stealing revenue, so I don't feel guilty. Plus I always buy PPV's anyway, so it kinda cancels out with each other :D

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
I live in Canada too and the 15 minute delay is pretty stupid. I don't even know why the hell they have the stupid delay but whatever, streams are my friend on Monday nights for Raw.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I live in Canada too and the 15 minute delay is pretty stupid. I don't even know why the hell they have the stupid delay but whatever, streams are my friend on Monday nights for Raw.
This for me. They recap some stuff before the show starts, and 3 hour shows don't start early for me, they start at normal time. 15 min delay does not bother me at all tbh.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
I'm a Canadian as well that is pissed off with this whole 15 minute delay. People in England are constantly complaining about their time difference and how we should just suck it up.

We live in the same freaking continent as the U.S. and should not have to wait to see Raw.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Only a 15 minutes delay? Over here in Australia we have to wait 29 hours after Raw has aired to be aired here in Australia.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Raw goes live at about 11am Tuesday morning in Australia but it isn't shown on television until Wednesday afternoon at 3:30pm. I usually stream it if I'm home (which I never am any more since University started up again), or I watch it when I get home on Tuesday on YouTube. I very, very rarely actually watch it on television.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
15 min delay sucks cause you can't watch any show before cause you'll always have to stop halfway through in order to watch Raw.

It's done cause the score can only have a certain amount of live shows a year on their channel, and using up 52 weeeks of live Raw will really hurt them in getting live shows for other stuff. Though don't know how live horse racing is more important?

Really wonder what'd happen if the 3 hour raw(which I'm guessing starts at 8pm) that Raw will have starting at the end of July, will air at 8pm, 8:15pm or 9:15pm(like all episodes of raw do,3 hours or not).

If it's 9:15pm like usual, then they can forget about canada watching Raw.

The score is doing great with their wwe programming, but they just don't have the money to support all of these stuff.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
15 min delay sucks cause you can't watch any show before cause you'll always have to stop halfway through in order to watch Raw.

It's done cause the score can only have a certain amount of live shows a year on their channel, and using up 52 weeeks of live Raw will really hurt them in getting live shows for other stuff. Though don't know how live horse racing is more important?

Really wonder what'd happen if the 3 hour raw(which I'm guessing starts at 8pm) that Raw will have starting at the end of July, will air at 8pm, 8:15pm or 9:15pm(like all episodes of raw do,3 hours or not).

If it's 9:15pm like usual, then they can forget about canada watching Raw.

The score is doing great with their wwe programming, but they just don't have the money to support all of these stuff.
If Raw starts at 6:15pm like it does now when Raw goes 3 hours then I'm officially done with The Score. Even their highlights aren't that great, so no point in keeping the channel.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
Wow. Lots of fellow Canadians on this forum.

By the way, do you remember this? During the first months of the move to Score, Raw used to air at 10 PM! Let's consider ourselves lucky they moved that stupid horse race show for Raw at 9.

But now, I got used to the 15-min delay. I don't mind about it anymore. Hey, at least we have Renee Paquette, right?

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I am from India
Monday Night Raw is broadcasted next week Thursday and SD on Friday of the next week

Raw-10 days delay
SD-7 day delay
Ppv-7 day delay

So I watch Raw and SD from YouTube(some guys load it fast like wwekinghd and mrwweh.They load it in 10 min segments.)So I basically watch them in 10 min delay
And download PPV from pirates bay

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts

So this might explain why live Smackdowns don't get the 15-minute delays.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's maddening living in Canada and watching Raw. You can't respond to ANYTHING live, unless you're responding to the discussion thread where people are just talking about what's going on and you can't actually see it. I want to be able to put down my reactions as I'm seeing it live.

The 15 minute delay is stupid. I think they started it so that they could block out any questionable content, but there hasn't been any in years. It's time to end the fucking thing and let us watch it live.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
In Australia we get it 29 hours later, but it doesn't make me mad because I'm always busy on a Tuesday, and watching it on the Wednesday is fine for me. We get SmackDown first anyway, so that makes up for the delayed Raw

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
While I don't care for any sort of delay, it doesn't effect me since I DVR it anyway. I simply can't stand watching RAW as it's being aired anymore. Their commercial heavy format combined with all the pointless recaps make it mind-numbingly painful to sit through. I do miss watching it on TSN live, but like chargebeam said, the silver-lining with the Score is Renee Paquette and Aftermath.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
In Australia, a day and a half later but I just stream because I refuse to get pay TV just for Raw and late.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts