Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
That former WWE creative that writes a blog now said that McMahon doesn't believe Morrison could be a credible main-eventer because he looks like he couldn't win a shoot.

However I hope if this is true, Morrison gets super far over and is forced into the main event anyways.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
they prob do now after sheamus made the crowd care about him.

· HEY YO
5,577 Posts
I don't think so. They look at him as a guy who can put on a decent match, as the kiddies love him due to him being a bit of a spot monkey. With that being said, he can't cut a promo for shit, and that's pretty much ALWAYS been more important then how you wrestle.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That former WWE creative that writes a blog now said that McMahon doesn't believe Morrison could be a credible main-eventer because he looks like he couldn't win a shoot.

However I hope if this is true, Morrison gets super far over and is forced into the main event anyways.
This would be fine, if Miz wasn't currently world champ.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
If morrison improves on his mic skills.. then maybe he will be a main eventer/ wwe champ by this year..

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Vince thinks he can't be a big face because he doesn't look like he can kick-ass in real life, Vince forgot about HBK and Rey Mysterio, they never looked like they can kick-ass, he made HBK look like a strong man, but in real life he never looked like that, so thats how they can make Morrison look, and he looked like he could give a big beating when he faced Sheamus.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't know how long WWE can just keep Morrison on the tip of the ladder before he reaches the brass ring. They did this for him on SD and now on RAW. He's gotta win the title this year or else his career might as well just end so he doesn't end up being the next Benjamin or Christian.

· Registered
12,142 Posts
Well.. Hbk, hart, benoit, eddie, angle or rey weren't brawlers and benoit, rey and hart also weren't awesome on mic.. They did become huge because of their different wrestling styles and hardwork.. I can see Morrison in that line.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
I think they probably do now, his big problem in 2009 was that he couldn't get over enough to the level they hopes...he's now accomplished that, the fans love him, he's great in ring, got a great look and he's had good booking for about four or five months now. He's getting a steady push. Although I can't help but feel evertime they do book him horribly that he could quite easily just get dropped right back down.

For example, what kind of booking was it this week? I mean sure, Morrison had an excuse due to his injured leg or whatever, which makes his loss understandable...but, that was one lousy way to have Morrison coming off another show stealing performance in the elimination chamber. He was the star of the chamber (along with Punk), lasted the entire match, provided some of the biggest high spots and he comes out on RAW, no fanfare to...lose in two minutes to CM Punk?...clean? Was just a poor followup.

I think that if Morrison doesn't win MITB at Wrestlemania it would be a mistake because they could easily forget about his push at the drop of a hat, he needs something like MITB as confirmation, something to make the WWE build him correctly to the main event. I think they do believe in him at the moment though, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the push.

· The Man Comes Around
8,805 Posts

John Piermarini the dude who wrote than Vince is high on Skip Sheffield and see him as potentially the #2 babyface but not in Morrison cause he didn't brawl with Batista backsstage when he fucked Melina?

anyway i think than WWE have faith in Morrison.
Stephanie McMahon was the one who came with the slow-motion ring entrance and, along with Edge and Orton, he's the one guy listed on the "14 wrestlers purchased pharmaceuticals from an online pharmacy " story who still with the roster in 2011.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Money = Truth

If he can make some money, they will trust him. It's pretty simple.

· Registered
548 Posts
That whole thing Morrison about can fight any one in real life is lame, nobody cares about it and it dosen't change the fact that he is good wrestler.

I do think that WWE has faith in JoMo because he been getting decent push since October which is the best thing that has happen to him, they slowly bulding him up which i though was going lead him winning the Royal Rumble which wouldn't have beem a bad thing, but it could lead him winning MITB at Wrestlemania.

If he dosen't win MITB at Wrestlemania then that would be very pointless because who else would WWE have winthe MITB ? Maybe Kofi but i dobut if that will happen and WWE messed up Jack Swagger who was the last person win the MITB at WM and MITB at WM 26 was just there so im curious to know how WWE would use their superstar after WM. If JoMo don't win then WWE dosne't have faith him.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I think they do, and they should. Morrison is their best bet for the next top babyface main eventer when veterans like Edge and Rey Mysterio leave the company. There is no reason to stop his push now especially when he keeps stealing the show and getting more over. I believe he is gonna keep getting pushed and then finally breaks through the glass ceiling to become a WWE champion at the end.

· Registered
76 Posts
For example, what kind of booking was it this week? I mean sure, Morrison had an excuse due to his injured leg or whatever, which makes his loss understandable...but, that was one lousy way to have Morrison coming off another show stealing performance in the elimination chamber. He was the star of the chamber (along with Punk), lasted the entire match, provided some of the biggest high spots and he comes out on RAW, no fanfare to...lose in two minutes to CM Punk?...clean? Was just a poor followup.
I think it was a test. Creatives mindset was probably - "does a clean loss hurt this guys credibility after we've been pushing him so hard?"...I'm sure they'll get their answer next week and have a clearer picture as to weather or not he's main event ready.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Right now, I think they believe in him the way they believed in Shelton Benjamin. Midcard titles galore, and hey, if we've got a match involving cages or ladders or jumping off things, get in there and run around like a lunatic. You're not getting near the title, but go entertain the masses.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.