Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for people who have attended RAW/Smackdown/PPV events in person.

Does WWE have a crew that cleans or sanitizes the ring in between matches?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not that I've ever seen, and I've been to both house shows and live tv shows. Never once seen anyone in the ring cleaning up anything.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Weird. I was wondering this for a while, too. I always wondered how long they go between cleanings of the canvas, and how they clean it.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only ask because it might increase the risk of staph infections if wrestlers continue to wrestle on a mat that is not sanitized with other wrestler's sweat and spit still on it.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Yea they change the mats but it seems to be at random really. I went to a Raw where they changed the mats 5 times and there wasn't any blood that night.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I think it depends. Like I went to a FL NXT house show and it wasn't cleaned (or changed) at all between matches - which lines up with the NXT house shows I've seen.

On some of the main roster shows I've seen them swap out the canvas as mentioned above.

Either way it is still light years ahead of the way it was in the 70's in 80's. Guys were wrestling in everyone's sweat, snot and blood. Seriously, say the previous match was Manny Fernandez vs Abdullah and the mat is one giant blood stain. The next guys would be lucky if some jabroni came out with a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush and made a feeble 10 second attempt to mop up the worst of it before their match.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Yes. From the only SDL event I attended, they do replace the ring mat. So what they do is they basically cover up the TOP part of the canvas like a carpet and then there would be another below it. They don't do this after every match though; which means there's only a few layers in that ring.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes. From the only SDL event I attended, they do replace the ring mat. So what they do is they basically cover up the TOP part of the canvas like a carpet and then there would be another below it. They don't do this after every match though; which means there's only a few layers in that ring.
So maybe replace the mat before a main event like Cena has to fight?

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
So maybe replace the mat before a main event like Cena has to fight?
From the event I went to, they changed it three times. The first time they changed it was after the pre-show tag team match. After that, they changed it again before the start of the second hour of SDL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts