Wrestling Forum banner

Does Wrestling Observer have a bias against WWE?

• Yes

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.5%
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
IMO Meltzer and Alvarez like AEW more than they like WWE but their opinions are sincere.

There are a lot of other things to criticize Meltzer about.

At this point, it must be difficult to find internet personalities that routinely have positive opinions of Monday Night Raw.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just like how journalists are pro-left/anti-right wing or pro-right/anti-left wing, Meltzer and co are anti-WWE.

I have not known of any journalists or media that is right down the middle.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Never understood why anyone takes Meltzers opinion seriously anyway?

He seems to get more and more hate from wrestlers as well these days so that just says it all.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would say it is pretty obvious when you look at their rankings.
It is a shame really because it has been a fairly reliable long term source but the professionalism is lacking.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,415 Posts
Where did this rumour come from?
While it has never been said, there are mountains and mountains of evidence.

Khan has said that he has talked to Meltzer and changed an entire show because of Meltzer's suggestion.

Meltzer has admitted to not giving spoilers that he knows about to protect them for AEW.

The sometimes embarrassing ratings spins that he has done in the past.

He is to AEW what Bruce Pritchard is to WWE. He is obviously getting at least some form of a consultant fee

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's like my friend who hated Bryan, Punk and especially the Fiend while he watched WWE. Now that AEW is the "cool" new thing, he is bragging about them being on AEW. Just reminds me that most of people are full of crap and have their own agenda for things. It's the cool thing to do to hate on WWE by a certain audience, let them hate, who cares, move on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I don’t read the Observer. But I do listen to the audio shows, etc. I don’t think they are anti-WWE.

I do think they are:

1. Anti-Monopoly. If there’s only one wrestling company such as WWE, that’s bad for their business (and probably bad for the business as a whole)

2. Anti-Vince. Dave had said before Vince is the greatest promoter ever. But both him and Bryan disagree with many of his decisions-especially ethically. Recently like signing the Saudi Deal. Or like releasing talent during a pandemic when the company is making record profits. Or back on the day when Vince gave steroids to the talent.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes.

You can tell he is really, really salty about WWE shutting him out. Him overpraising AEW also doesn't help his credibility.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,959 Posts
There's no such thing as an unbiased journalist so of course there's some bias to it. A part of me feels Dave and Bryan don't 100% believe what they say and they say what they say because they know it's what their audience want to hear and know they'll eat it up.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Meltzer never gave Kurt Angle a 5 star match his whole career yet had handed out dozens of 5, 6 and 7 stars to Omega. That's really the only evidence you need to know that he is bias.
True but he did give multiple Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano matches from NXT 5 stars along with some Walter matches and Gargano vs Andrade from NXT. So it’s not like he never gives WWE/NXT matches 5 stars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Meltzer
has no credibility

What he's doing with WWE now he's been doing with TNA in the past

--------------------------------

A Wednesday night war is better than a Monday night war

MJF WILL BE A BIGGER NAME THAN THE ROCK

That's what he says

-------------------------------------------------

Thank God
Many fans NOW knew the truth about
Meltzer

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,460 Posts
I think most of us have a pro AEW bias.. it's just a better product... If WWE somehow puts on a decent show, they'll say it... but it doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Meltzer
is the reason why
AEW fans
They talk about the demo
--------------------------------

In the war between WCW and WWF no one cares about the demo
What matters is the number of viewers
1- They are not on the same night
2- What matters is the number of viewers