Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By hazy I mean the match card does it seem like WWE is gonna pull matches outta their asses last minute or things will be solid after Royal Rumble. Cause to me if some ppl don't start making a return to the ring, things will look foggy as hell come Wrestlemania.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Right now there are a few routes they can go, but it all really boils down to how things fair at the rumble.

·
Registered
123 Posts
imo there heading towars having these matches -

Edge vs Christian - WHC

Undertaker vs Lesner/Barrett (if lesnar doesnt appear)

CM Punk vs Randy Orton - WWE Title (could also use Punks past with orton, when orton cost punk his title at unforiven 07?)
OR
John Cena vs Miz/CM Punk - WWE Title (if they dont go with Punk/Orton, it will either be Punk/Cena or Cena/Miz imo)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Some matches seem likely at the moment.

John Cena vs Randy Orton (c) (WWE Title)
Triple H vs CM Punk
Edge (c) vs Christian (World Title)
The Undertaker vs Wade Barrett
John Morrison vs The Miz

Add to the mix a MITB match,major celebrity and WCW inspired angle.

·
Broadcast Journalist
280 Posts
To be honest, I for one am really hoping that a lot of the more experienced roster members such as Jericho, Undertaker and even HHH don't make it back in time to perform at 'Mania. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of all 3 but it's high time WWE were forced into allowing some new stars to make their mark. Oddly enough, it could do nothing but benefit the company in the long term if men such as The Miz are thrust into the main event spotlight.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
How do HHH/Punk and Edge/Christian seem likely?
Orton/Cena in a face vs face encounter is one of the biggest matches they have.Can't see them booking Sheamus/HHH again at WM,so "The Game" requires a feud.Feuding with Nexus and new leader CM Punk is fresh.

They like to have a face chasing the title at WM.I don't think they'll go with Kofi or Rey and Edge and Christian have history.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
How do HHH/Punk and Edge/Christian seem likely?
Maybe he meant HHH/Sheamus cause HHH/Punk makes no sense.

But I agree with Edge/Christian. WWE is known for teasing future storylines during their Slammy show. Last year HBK/Taker and this year Punk/Cena. And if you remember, Edge brought out Christian to present a Slammy as well. This could have been a sign that these two will have a program together soon.

Also when Christian was drafted to Smackdown he and Edge had an arguement. This is often a sign of things to come. Back in 2008 they drafted Batista to Raw and he had a staredown with Cena and HHH to Smackdown who was confronted by Edge. And those were the two matches that were planned for the next Wrestlemania until Batistas injury.

Edge winning the World Title could also mean that he will face Christian at Mania. Because who else should he defend the title against?

Taker will be busy with either Barrett, Kane or Lesnar.

Show is no option cause Edge/Show has been done two years ago.

Del Rio or Rey? At the moment it looks like they won't have a Del Rio vs Rey match until Wrestlemania. Also Rey is currently injured, they wouldn't give him a main event match while he's injured. However if they end the Del Rio vs Rey feud prior to mania and let Del Rio go over then I can see him challenging Edge for the World Title.

But Christian vs Edge looks like the perfect Wrestlemania match because of their history together.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know why but I think Cena vs Randy orton should definitely happen, that, or Y2J vs Randy orton. But CM punk vs randy because of randy costing him the title long ago seems like a worthless grudge. If anything punk would want to face orton for the sake of just winning the title, all I know is, if Jericho returns things might be cleared up for me a little.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
To be honest, I for one am really hoping that a lot of the more experienced roster members such as Jericho, Undertaker and even HHH don't make it back in time to perform at 'Mania. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of all 3 but it's high time WWE were forced into allowing some new stars to make their mark. Oddly enough, it could do nothing but benefit the company in the long term if men such as The Miz are thrust into the main event spotlight.
I'm all for this youth movement but I don't know if I want it to happen at this Mania that I paid a lot of money to see lol. Also, it is my sister's first Mania and my mum is being dragged along too. She was disappointed as hell at the SD house show she went to in October because there was nobody at it! I have been saying for months that that won't happen at Mania because all the stars will be there. As it stands right now, HBK, Batista, Taker, HHH and Jericho aren't even on the damn show lol. I'm screwed and will never hear the end of it if she forked out all this money to see 'stupid wee nobodies' as she called them. I'd prefer a nice balanced mix of established guys and the newer guys. It's the best way to go imo.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
I agree with you to a point, but they won't risk having newer stars face each other in the main event. The best course is probably having established stars against the new stars this year, an idea that has been batted around this board quite a bit already.

Cena/Miz
Orton/Punk
Taker/Barrett

I've seen all of those possibilities mentioned.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm all for this youth movement but I don't know if I want it to happen at this Mania that I paid a lot of money to see lol.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I hope you get your moneys worth bro I really hope you do. I hate wasting money.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I thought it was a pretty clear a couple of weeks back, but I'm not sure on anything at the moment.

As far as I can tell they might go:

Punk/Cena (I think they can stretch it out since RR and EC give opportunites for multi-man story continuation)
Triple H/Sheamus (Pretty safe bet I think)
Wade Barrett/Undertaker
The Miz/John Morrison (I think it'll be continued)

...I'm not sure on what to do with Orton, OR how to play out the World Title match though.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Christian vs Edge

Punk vs Cena

Barrett or Kane vs Undertaker

MITB (ziggler wins)

HHH vs Sheamus

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not understanding this whole undertaker/wad barrette. Why the heck would a newbie challenge the undertaker, although when it comes to barrette nothing seems impossible.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
If we get Orton v Cena, I'm rioting. We had enough of that series in 2009.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts