Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Vince think of the storylines or gimmicks at all or it's all the writers? I always wondered that or does he just say Yes or No to certian storylines or gimmicks before they hit the air? thoughts on this

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
i remember hearing long ago that all the storylines and gimmicks had to go through vince. on certain individual matches he would want a specific finish (or even chorograph the whole thing a certain way) - but generally the talent could set the match up as long as they followed the storyline and desired finish. obviously who was involved also plays a part in how much leeway is given to wreslters.

dont know if he is still so hands on, or at all.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Does Vince think of the storylines or gimmicks at all or it's all the writers? I always wondered that or does he just say Yes or No to certian storylines or gimmicks before they hit the air? thoughts on this
Generally speaking it is the responsibility of the writers. Since, ya' know, they get paid to do that.

But if Vince or even the wrestlers come up with an idea then they just suggest it and roll with it. A lot of what makes it to TV is the superstars own idea's. Rhodes said in an interview that the jacket was his idea, Eugene said his gimmick was his own suggestion, the writers told Austin they had nothing for him so to just go out and be himself.

Vince owns a friggin' empire. He's the head honcho but the WWE is a big company, he'll have more to handle than singular talent idea's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts