Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really how many times as McMahon fooled us this year? Kane vs Undertaker never took place at Summerslam despite the news being leaked months in advance. There was a spoiler that Bret Hart would turn heel. But that wasn't the surprise it was actually Daniel Bryan's return which I believe has been a work. Really this year and maybe the years to come Vince's plan is to prove the IWC wrong and laugh at us on these boards. Really, what other twists does he have up his sleeve?

Also how the heck do spoilers even work? Do wrestlers themselves call these newsletters and leak the info? Why would they even do that or be allowed to?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's fucking shit up.

NEXUS needed to win but it was too predictable. The same with Kane/Taker....perhaps the spoilers and opinion are putting pressure on creative to swerve us and it's damaging the angle.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Its basically wrestling writers and stuff who have a small connection with a staff member in WWE from what I've heard.

He doesn't read spoiler sites. It just seems like that because you believe spoil sites too much that when something big happens, you're like "wwe didn't do what they were planning to do" when maybe they weren't even planning that at all.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Most of these spoilers are opinions represented as "potential fact". It's no coincidence that a lot of these reports come out and they suggest that a match or angle MIGHT happen that a good majority of us on sites like this have deliberated over already.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I highly doubt he even has time to read them never mind actually reading them, but I do believe there'll be somebody in the company checking them to see what the latest is.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
dont you know about Mr. A Source?
he is quite popular amoung media outlets.

Most dirtsheet just puit down what we already know or what we are hoping to know but claim it came from someone inside the wwe or that Mr A Source again

apparently some of the wrestlers do, im sure miz stated in an interview he likes to check sites out to see what poeple are saying about him. someone did anyway.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Doubt it. The dirtsheets just make stuff up, usually throwing in the lines "the plan as of today" or "potential spoiler" so that even if they are wrong, they didn't pass it off as a cast iron fact. Someome in the WWE probably reads them, and I've heard in shoot interviews that several members of the creative team subscribe to the Wrestling Observer newsletter.

·
Banned
282 Posts
I'm sure he is atleast aware if an angle/program that he genuinely plans to go with is leaked. I don't think he really makes any major changes if it happens, but he does little things to trick the IWC.

Like, for the Rey Vs KAne match last night; Kane opened up the casket 3 different times. I'm sure the first time we were sure that Undertaker was going to be in there. But dirt sheets don't influence anything, in the long run.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Oh please, even I dont read them. You think Vince is gonna waste his time on this? The only way i can see him is surfing the net with a solid gold macbook while floating in a sea of money.

Vince has people. And those people have people. And then those people find the spoilers. Who may inform their superiors. Who then MAY inform Vinnie.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
I remember HBK saying in a shoot interview that during his coke days he would call the dirtsheets and just make up random shit for a laugh.

Wonder if that sort of thing still happens.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
hmmm, have a nice day on a yacht bathing in a whirpool of money, sipping a margarita around beautiful women and laughing about how successful i am, or sitting around on my laptop checking some stupid, made-up spoilers on spoiler sites so i can fool people who are going to watch my product anyway, whether the spoiler site was right or not.

yeah, let's all use some logic on this one, shall we.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Something tells me that he is reading the spoilers. He realizes that a neglected audience exists on the internet, and so he's slowly beginning to pull things out of his hat to shock us as well. Its just a step forward into the next, just like them realizing that their fans were mostly young adults in the nineties. While TNA is busy clinging to the fads of the previous decade, Vince is ushering us into the new era: THE INTERNET ERA.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I am sure he has paid people that do it, people that work the internet for him and the wwe.com site like Styles and Cole.

Vince doesn't have time to do it, too busy bathing in money.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts