Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why they are pushing her to the moon, Velvet is not even the most over Knockout babyface right now, Mickie and even Tara are more over than her (Tara was getting BIG pops during her match at the last Hardcore Justice PPV), hell her character is not even likeable. If they don't want Mickie or Tara to be the top face then have Brooke Tessmacher be it. She has a better look and has more wrestling talent on her pinky than Velvet has on her whole body despite the fact that Velvet Sky been wrestling for 8 years and Brooke has been wrestling for only 1 year.

BTW Most people don't believe for a second that Velvet Sky was "Bullied", I wouldn't be shocked if she was actually a bully in her youth.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
We just had a thread very much like this merely a couple of days ago.

BTW Most people don't believe for a second that Velvet Sky was "Bullied", I wouldn't be shocked if she was actually a bully in her youth.
I can understand not liking someone, but this smacks of practically looking to latch onto or invent reasons. There is little way any of us could have accurate details about what she was doing with other girls in grade school.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have nothing personal against Velvet Sky, I just don't think she is the one to lead the knockoust divsion, I don't it wise for TNA to have her be the number one knockout, her skills just aren't good enough and she lacks charisma. I also think its laughable to think she was bullied in her youth. I just think it is not believable.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I have nothing personal against Velvet Sky, I just don't think she is the one to lead the knockoust divsion, I don't it wise for TNA to have her be the number one knockout, her skills just aren't good enough and she lacks charisma.
Results wise, she's not the #1 knockout. That would require doing a lot more winning than she has usually done. She's getting a solo push after years in the company mostly jobbing in her solo matches. So what?

Lacks charisma? Can't say she stands out as highly lacking in that area. Certainly not moreso than quite a few people the harder line members of the iwc have tended to support over the years.

I also think its laughable to think she was bullied in her youth. I just think it is not believable.
It's a sports entertainment storyline. And one many of her critics would have no problem with if her "workrate" were higher.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
Why isn't it believable for her to have been bullied? Wrestling is a joke to people before someone makes it big, and she didn't have her implants in until a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
We just had a thread very much like this merely a couple of days ago.

I can understand not liking someone, but this smacks of practically looking to latch onto or invent reasons. There is little way any of us could have accurate details about what she was doing with other girls in grade school.
Thats true but Sky is a natural heel i don't by her as a face.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but how many times did she win the title? 0? I can't remember but I think she's next up to bat and it doesn't matter if she can hit or not. lol

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Dude, girls can be fucking cruel in grade school & into high school. I saw some nasty shit in my day. Doesn't matter if Velvet was a looker, she could definitely have been the victim of cruelty at the hands of other girls.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Dunno, she won the "Who gets pushed this month" lotto backstage.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Velvet Sky is getting the push as she is perhaps the most popular knockout, so if your looking at it like that yes she does deserve the push, because the audience love her

Does she deserve the push based on her wrestling ability or Mic Skills, absolutley not she is woeful in both departments

·
Registered
493 Posts
She is the Kelly Kwlly of TNA. And I think most hate towards her is the fact that originally the KO division was "we are not divas". That their girls can wrestle and not just a pretty face (like ODB and Kong being multiple champs). And Vel is everything that is a WWE diva, poor ring skills, poor mic skills, but a looker. And that Vel is now the top face, you can see how some die hard/old school TNA fans arent happy about it.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
Velvet Sky has never been KO Champion despite being an original KO. It is time to let her have a run with the belt. She is very over as well and the not being a great wrestler thing can be applied to many Women wrestlers so that isn't a good excuse.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
And that Vel is now the top face, you can see how some die hard/old school TNA fans arent happy about it.
Conversely, quite a few old school style fans wanted Bubba Ray Dudley fired. Instead, he is doing arguably the best mic work in TNA and is one of the most convincing heels in the entire business.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yes she is extremely over.

As for being bullied its awfully short-sighted and idiotic to say you don't believe she was bullied because shes good-looking NOW.

The type of person who says that usually were bullies themselves....see how generalizations can be hurtful???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see a lot of the defenders of Velvet Sky here are saying she is over, but just about every TNA knockout babyface is over and she is NOT more over than Mickie.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I see a lot of the defenders of Velvet Sky here are saying she is over, but just about every TNA knockout babyface is over and she is NOT more over than Mickie.
In a TNA.com poll last year (with over 10,000 votes,) Velvet finished second among Knockouts in popularity. Trailing only Angelina Love (someone else that isn't exactly embraced by traditionalists.)

She gets good reactions and has a definite if not as indy or foreign scenes geared fanbase. Face it, she is certainly popular enough that using anti arguments in that area basically amounts to grasping at straws.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Mickie is more over then velvet but with that said velvet is the second most over KO right now.

Yes she deserve it she been in TNA for 4 years worked her ass off for the company. While her wrestling skills are not the greatest she is decent enough to be champion and decent enough to be in the ring. Her charisma and mic skills (yes she can speak on the mic good) makes up for her wrestling ability. Plus she gorgeous. This is my Opinion

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
She is the Kelly Kwlly of TNA. And I think most hate towards her is the fact that originally the KO division was "we are not divas". That their girls can wrestle and not just a pretty face (like ODB and Kong being multiple champs). And Vel is everything that is a WWE diva, poor ring skills, poor mic skills, but a looker. And that Vel is now the top face, you can see how some die hard/old school TNA fans arent happy about it.
I wish that we had more of these having half the KO division as models and the other as freaks/competiors was awesome.Bring back Roxxi,Kim,Hamada,flash,Wilde.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts