Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...wrestlers look like loud mouths, 2nd rate athletes with nothing to show?

On one episode of NXT, I remembered Miz constantly telling DB to get a personality and a catch phrase, I cringed and felt embarrassed for both Miz and Daniel Bryan.

WWE is sports entertainment but it is still suppose to be real contest. Thats how pro wrestling always been right? Working the crowd.

Thats why all the wrestlers are all there. To get the championship.

This is not a comparison thread by any means but the UFC growth puts a new perspective on WWE. They are all fucking pussies.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I guess if thats how you want to look at it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
But Danielson proved him wrong. He kicked Miz's ass, showed everyone his wrestling ability and won the US title.

But yes, to some extent the shoot style of NXT is detrimental to the business. But barely anyone watches that shit.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
At the end of the day, MMA is real, WWE is fake. MMA fighters are trained to legit make an arm come out of its socket, to make you tap because you are in so much pain you give up, or to knock you out and send you to hospital. Pro-wrestlers are trained to not hurt their opponent, but make it look like it does, that is why WWE fans will always be looked down upon by MMA fans.

Anderson in TNA has an awesome shirt, it's completely black and in white writing it says "Pro wrestling is real".
Exactly that, Pro wrestling is real, but to an extent as stated above.

Even so you are more physically at risk in the WWE than you are in the Octagon. So UFC fighters and fans should atleast respect that.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But Danielson proved him wrong. He kicked Miz's ass, showed everyone his wrestling ability and won the US title.

But yes, to some extent the shoot style of NXT is detrimental to the business. But barely anyone watches that shit.
And Miz is WWE champion but I get what you're saying.

I guess WWE's response to the growing UFC, is to shoot on there own product and unveiling it.

Looks more like its backfiring though.

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
I honestly have no problem wwe's form of pro wrestling, because it's purely entertainment. Sure it will be retarded sometimes, but it still has some redeeming qualities. My gripe is when they try to make pro wrestling real. I saw some of that mma stuff jarrett was doing and it came across as boring and stupid. Everyone knows it's fake, try not to make it look otherwise.

MMA is probably one of only a few things I care about, but I am not going to look down at pro wrestling as long as it's entertaining and booked well.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
What do you expect? It's pro wrestling. It makes no sense most of the time and it's fake. But I don't see how they come across as 2nd rate athletes compared to the MMA guys. At least they don't have to work full time at Dairy Queen and Good Sam Club.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I'd like to see MMA fighters do what WWE guys do for 300+ days a year and then call them pussies. I doubt they can, just look at that tough guy Lesnar and how well he took it.

Comparing the 2 products is fucking dumb though. It's like comparing a reality show to a sitcom.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
When will this MMA phase just frigging die. It's like all of a sudden people know UFC exists. What? Mixed Martial Arts wasn't a really good, competitive, entertaining sport 10 years ago?

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
WWE wrestlers do this stuff basically night in, night out. If they get too tired and beat up to perform at the hieghest level on a ppv when the WWE needs them to step up then that really sucks for the wrestling fan. UFC fighters only have to fight a few times a year when it matters and I've seen a majority of the main events on UFC ppv's and a lot of fights that were very boring. Now there were some good ones but for the most part UFC has a lot of slow boring stuff to it.

I watch the WWE and pro wrestling more frequently than UFC and MMA because I'm just more entertained by the fast paced action in the matches themselves. The story lines are less racy now so that sucks. If you can suspend your beliefs that predetermined matches doesn't make a difference to enjoying it then theres no real reason why UFC is really better to watch.

I watch WWE now though and see how the wrestlers let things get to them and can't just come out and entertain anymore with their characters. I think this is something that needs to be addressed by Vince McMahon or something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is not a comparison thread by any means but the UFC growth puts a new perspective on WWE. They are all fucking pussies.
I'm afraid this IS a comparison thread and I'll reiterate the obvious; they are two different products targeting viewers from different demographics and hence by completely different means.

The fact that storylines/characters in the 'E are occasionally fpalm-worthy is a reflection of the mediocrity that the WWE occasionally succumbs to, but what they do still falls under the gamut of pro-wrestling, which is what this company was built upon and what the company does best.

I think pro-wrestlers do need captivating catch-phrases and all the over-the-top razmataz that makes it more entertaining than your average wrestling bout. If/When the WWE does sink, it will not be because people grew tired of theatrical wrestling, but because the theatrics failed to entertain people as much as it once did.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Calling pro wrestlers pussies is idiotic. They're on the road putting on matches roughly 300 times a year vs. a big name in UFC having maybe 5 fights a year. Obviously most UFC fighters would destroy a WWE wrestler in a shoot style fight because they're highly trained but that has nothing to do with either being tougher than the other.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The truly great talent of the past didn't need to tell us how charismatic and entertaining they were. They showed us and we figured it out ourselves. Guys like Miz need to tell us how charismatic and entertaining he is every week, which is a pretty good indicator that he is neither of the above.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts