Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the WWE, there has always lacked a strong women's division. I am optimistic that there will be be more superstars added to the women's rosters with the return of Eva Marie. Wrestlers like Nia Jax and Shayna Bazler appear on both raw and Smackdown due to the lack in numbers. These are the current women in WWE as of now. There are currently about 20 women superstars in WWE , not including NXT.

I think WWE needs more women, maybe a midcard title to compete for, and maybe they could add about 5-10 more stars before the summer. This would bring better feuds and more title opportunities for wrestlers other than Charlotte Flair. I came up with a possible name for the midcard title, The Shieldmaiden Championship, or The Lightweight Title. Tell me what you think please.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,378 Posts
or they could use the ones they have. where have carmella, riott squad, mia yim been recently.

i dont need to see shayna nia vs naomi lana for the 534625527244243rd time

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,694 Posts
They have plenty of women, they just don’t use them. A lot of that is probably because most of them aren’t very good, but it’s definitely not quantity they lack. They definitely don’t need a mid card title given the sizes of the roster either.

You have touring tag titles and a bunch of not very good women that you never use. Tagging them up and making use of them in matches where you can see less of them is the perfect way to go.

Now as for whether they need more actual stars than just bodies generally? Absolutely they do, but given the way they operate I’m not holding my breath on that front.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think first and foremost they need more female tag teams. The problem is the biggest threat they have to the titles (Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke) receive such hot and cold booking that it's hard to know whether we should buy into them or not. A lot of us are still scratching our heads as to why the IIconics were broken up.

I also think they need more women who can portray characters and have a good on screen presence. That's where Eva Marie comes in. That's also where they should be using Mandy Rose in a more prominent fashion. If they are going full steam ahead with Rhea Ripley as champion, they need to give her more air time to talk and get her character across. Otherwise she just comes across as "generic muscular metal chick who wrestles."

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,378 Posts
I think first and foremost they need more female tag teams. The problem is the biggest threat they have to the titles (Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke) receive such hot and cold booking that it's hard to know whether we should buy into them or not. A lot of us are still scratching our heads as to why the IIconics were broken up.

I also think they need more women who can portray characters and have a good on screen presence. That's where Eva Marie comes in. That's also where they should be using Mandy Rose in a more prominent fashion. If they are going full steam ahead with Rhea Ripley as champion, they need to give her more air time to talk and get her character across. Otherwise she just comes across as "generic muscular metal chick who wrestles."
they should never have made an nxt tag title. have shayna/nia defend on all 3 brands.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think the women's division and men's tag team division should be unified. It would make for a better quality division for each rather than 2 small repetitive pools on each show with maybe 3 good women and then a massive drop in talent to a handful of preliminaries that are just not good.

I personally would sieve through the division keeping only those that are going to be of value or are actually talented so that would mean bye bye to the likes of Lana, Nia Jax, Tamina, Carmella, Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke, Eva Marie and the like.
Adding women like Io Shirai and Toni Storm to the main roster would be far more worthwhile than a bunch of Diva's in disguise.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
They just don't care to build any more. Look at the Mickie interview recently. They've decided the division is more or less a financial bust which is why they only focus on the ones they've invested anything into the past 5 years. Even the new women like Bianca and Rhea have a certain slapped-on push to them that doesn't compare to the investment the 4HW got back when they were TRYING to push the division. Or even Alexa and Asuka when they were being built up. Rhea and Bianca feel like they are being pushed just when they stopped being interested entirely.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
^If it's a financial bust and if they are gonna stop overpushing and saturating the product with women's wrestling I'm elated. What a relief.

Hopefully they can now go back and try to focus on how to write a solid show for the men and may be I could continue to watch the current product somewhat for the next five years or so. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't think they'll scale back too much. We're still gonna have a women's rumble, MITB, HIAC, TLC, etc.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I'd like to see them use the ones they have more of first. WWE really has about 5 or 6 women they showcase, the rest are just on jobber rotation to those 5 or 6..

They could have 100 women on the roster and it wouldn't matter until they break that cycle..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts