Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something got me thinking the other about the actual success of the WWE, and I know that there had to be a time once WCW died that Vince considered two Monday Night shows. Think about it for a second. Raw used to be taped, and Nitro was running live. Couldn't they just have two live Monday Night programs? Could they afford this?

It sounds strange competing against yourself, but with two slots open you know that viewers are going to go from one show to the other. In case this brings me to the next question. Could they restart the Monday Night Wars again? Meaning WCW comes back, and Vince McMahon is the one behind all of this chaos in the WWE right now. He is trying to destroy the WWE from within, and start a New Wrestling Organization. Thus, once John Cena turns heel on the WWE Universe all he'll have to do is leave, and join Vince's "TV-MA" style wrestling organization.

I see no point in having Smackdown anymore. All they did now was just put all the main talent on one show it seems with Raw's Super Show idea. I say have two Monday Night wrestling programs, and bring the WCW back, but with Vince McMahon running the show. The Rise and Fall of WCW DVD really got me thinking about the actual history that Vince has with WCW. Vince has to know by now that Raw needs competition. The same way football realized it, and became the NFL. Vince needs to create his own competition at this point, and taking over WCW would be the answer. Creating the illusion that WCW is it's "Own Thing", but in reality just an extension the WWE like it is now.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
What would be the significance of an organization having two Monday night shows airing at the same time? If one show is rated MA and the other is PG, chances are, one will lose a lot of ratings while the other gains, which brings up the question, "why have two shows, one being extraordinary, while the other's a dud?".

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be the significance of an organization having two Monday night shows airing at the same time? If one show is rated MA and the other is PG, chances are, one will lose a lot of ratings while the other gains, which brings up the question, "why have two shows, one being extraordinary, while the other's a dud?".
Not so certain they would run at the same time, but on the same night sounds more like it. Perhaps one starts at 8:00 pm, and the other at 9:00 pm like the current show Raw does now. The whole point is competition. The Monday Night Wars weren't called such for nothing. Both WCW, and the WWF at the time had Smackdown, and Thunder. Do you remember a DVD titled the "The Thursday Night Wars"? Vince needs to create competition for himself because no other wrestling promotion can provide him with that.

Bottom line is that competition creates money. Create "illusion" like they do with everything else (Vince's limousine death, Steiner's fake retirement, Taker buried alive etc...) because it's "staged", and that's what wrestling is all about. We don't need Tony Schiavone, Bill Watts, Flair, Sting, or Luger to have another WCW Monday Nitro going head to head with WWE's Raw. Create the illusion that WCW is it's "Own entity", but really just another show altogether created by the WWE. The WWE already has two shows where one is a dud, and right now that show is on a Friday. Hence the reason that show is a dud is due to the fact that it's not a whole other wrestling promotion, but merely the lesser of two shows. Now that the Super Show has come to light it seems as though Raw, and Smackdown aren't competing anymore which means lower ratings.

Seriously who wouldn't want two live consecutive wrestling shows again on Monday Nights?

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Interesting idea, but wwe has lost all it's great creativity skills and are just going to be as we are now for probably ever.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
There isn't a large market for wrestling nowadays like there was 13-15 years ago. You aren't going to get 5 million people watching each show, hell they can barely do that for one show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts