Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That feud is so EPIC it doesn't need the title to be involved one would think. I'd much rather the title be involved in the Del Rio/Rey feud, personally.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
No it doesn't. If this feud ultimately is the last one for either Taker or Kane, the program should be centered around their retirement and not the title.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It may have to somehow because Kane needs to lose the title somehow. I still think the Undertaker needs to make 20 WrestleMania wins before he retires.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Uhmmm you don't need a title to see a "brothers working on their issues" type of thing, but having the title in between adds it the spice that we've never seen before, so I think it's a good call.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It doesn't need to be involved in it, no but it does add a bit of a different spin to the feud and Kane being World Champion adds to the whole point of the feud, which is that he has now surpassed The Undertaker.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yes because its the most interesting thing on the show and adds a lot more to the feud.The title needs to be involved in the biggest angle to make it seem that more important so its a good thing that its used here.It will also culminate in a HIAC match which will be huge.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I agree with you, this feud doesn't need the title to get it over, unless this is gunna lead to Taker/Kane retiring after a title vs career match. That would be an epic way to end a career for either bloke.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It doesn't really need to be, but really the only other person on the Smackdown roster in any position to hold it is CM Punk, and he was hurt at the time Kane got it, so they weren't left with a lot of options.

·
Registered
115 Posts
But having CM Punk again as champion with no angle at all? Big Show could be the answer, but Kane as champion was off the charts, but that's not the point. The point is that the title, as alrudd said, has to be in the most interesting angle of a show, and that's waht's going on right now

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The whole point of the feud revolves around the title. Back in 1997, Kane wanted vengence on the Undertaker and sabotaged Taker's chance to win the WWF title. Kane hated Taker because Taker was always the superior one. At Wrestlemania 14, Summerslam 2000, and Wrestlemania 20 Undertaker proved he was the better man. Undertaker's pride wills him to win, and Kane wants to destroy that pride. Kane wants to be favored by the "devil", aka the people. Kane wants to be better than the Undertaker.

Where does the title fit in that picture? The title is the only tangible thing that proves Kane is better than the Undertaker. While Kane might attack Undertaker, it is meaningless. Kane and the "devil" knows Undertaker will always come back from the dead. Without the title, Kane's confidence is lowered and the Undertaker will squash him.

tldr; They never had the title involved in this feud.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Yes, absolutely it does! Otherwise, it would be the same old crap. Having the title involved changes things up, makes the feud more interesting, and Stone Cold isn't around to ruin things this time!

- Vic

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yes, because now it is implied that Kane could not win the title whilst Undertaker was dominant but since he has taken Undertaker down he is able to rule SmackDown much like Undertaker has done.

·
Asuka
96,224 Posts
Yes, absolutely it does! Otherwise, it would be the same old crap. Having the title involved changes things up, makes the feud more interesting, and Stone Cold isn't around to ruin save things this time!

- Vic
Fixed.

An Undertaker/Kane fued doesn't need the title, but unfortunately, this particular story arc requires the title as a focal point.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
People need the realise that this is the state of the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship now. Most fueds tend to focus more on the storyline then on the actual title itself. It's not just the Undertaker/Kane storyline, there are plenty other fueds that didn't need the title but still had it on the line.

Besides, in some ways the title is a primary concern in the storyline, because, Kane refers to the title as Undertaker's holy grail. The only thing Taker cares about is the title, and as long as Kane holds it. Taker won't have the one thing he cares about. I also think it does add spice to the fued since they never did have a title involved in the past

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
No, not at all. That's my main complaint against this feud - not so much the angle itself, but the unnecessary usage of the WHC. The angle should have enough momentum from the weeks or months of building the story about the attack on Taker. I don't believe the WHC adds anything to the angle, it's hardly been discussed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts