Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
Well that one DVD had been out 2 years prior to that royalty check

She may receive a royalty check every 3 months but that doesn't mean she gets royalties for those 4 videos every 3 months.

The amount she recieved could have been for a two year period however it was simply paid in that particular quarters royalty check.
True, but she can only get a royalty check from anything she appeared on and it's not like there was a massive release of Alundra Blayze footage.

So, if she does indeed receive a royalty check (I never said she did, I say said she could up to 4 times a year), it's from the DVD's she appeared in. And it doesn't mean that was all she was paid, it's just the only admission on her part that she was paid anything, implying it was the highest royalty check she had received from WWE.

Thats how royalties work, you make that off what you're featured on, which explains why Kamala could get a royalty check in the thousands from an action figure but then receive $1.92 for the same action figure in another quarter. If it's selling and has become profitable, you get that check up to 4 times a year.

·
Registered
489 Posts
True, but she can only get a royalty check from anything she appeared on and it's not like there was a massive release of Alundra Blayze footage.

So, if she does indeed receive a royalty check (I never said she did, I say said she could up to 4 times a year), it's from the DVD's she appeared in. And it doesn't mean that was all she was paid, it's just the only admission on her part that she was paid anything, implying it was the highest royalty check she had received from WWE.

Thats how royalties work, you make that off what you're featured on, which explains why Kamala could get a royalty check in the thousands from an action figure but then receive $1.92 for the same action figure in another quarter. If it's selling and has become profitable, you get that check up to 4 times a year.
I think what was shown in that royalty check photo was the total amount those DVDs made,, which would make more sense

And from those total earnings madusa would get a proportion

I would imagine all wrestlers are on a salary. Which is then divided by 12 and given to them on a monthly basis. They then get merchandising and royalty on top if applicable and added bonus' for appearing on tv, ppvs etc

As to the actual amounts then I would guess everything on the net is just hearsay and rumour

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
It's like this entire thread is full of idiots.
The picture that medusa posted was the total earnings the DVD had made, not how much she earned. She said herself after someone called her out on the picture that she got less than $1,000 from it.

You really think she would get $300,000 for one DVD at her star level? Get real, kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
The picture that medusa posted was the total earnings the DVD had made, not how much she earned. She said herself after someone called her out on the picture that she got less than $1,000 from it.

You really think she would get $300,000 for one DVD at her star level? Get real, kids.

And here comes the idiot of the day, who was so bothered by what he read that he found the need to look it up on his smartphone to appear smarter than anybody.

And I've read nothing about Madusa getting less than $1,000 from it. She said she still gets nice royalty checks from WWE.

And it wasn't 1 DVD, kid. It was 5 seperate payments. And even then, it's only based on sales from October to December and indicates nothing of the era previous or prior to when she made that post.

·
Registered
489 Posts

its wierd that you call people idiots then completely misread what was talked about.

sounds pretty fucking dumb on your behalf to be honest. I would suggest you take some reading lessons so you can understand and follow the conversations properly before making a fool out of yourself

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
HBK is signed to a legends deal, like Paul Bearer, Mick Foley and others. I think I read that HBK gets somewhere around $300,000 a year. Mick is probably close to that. They are free do what ever they want but they must drop everything and run when Vince calls. I don't think they can show up in TNA though.
Taker is probably on an appearance only deal, similar to the Rock.
Shawn Michaels is not signed to a legends contract. He mentioned in an interview that they have him on a special type of contract they wrote up just for him.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
You're right, nobody knows what kind of contract he has but it's common sense that regardless of his contract or whether he's active or not, the guy can still get up to 4 royalty checks a year.

Take Madusa, for example. Hasn't worked in WWE in about 16 years. But, from the months of October 2011 to December 1, she was paid:

$39,921.21 for her appearance in WWE's Top 50 Most Shocking Moments DVD
$171,431.78 for her appearance in WWE's Greatest Superstars of the 90s DVD
$81,014.78 and another $9,891.90 more for her appearance in WWE's Most Shocking DVD
$3,303.79 for her appearance on the Wrestlemania Box Set

That was $305,563.46 in 3 months. Now, one can only imagine whatever kind of money Taker is making from merchandise, video games or DVD's but there is proof that regardless of being inactive, he still has the opportunity to make at least 4 checks a year.

And everything I listed is fact, as thats how royalties work.
Those figures are literally unfathomable. $171,431.78 for an appearance on one DVD? There's no fucking way.

·
Banned
833 Posts
They pay for the streak, not for the Undertaker.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
And here comes the idiot of the day, who was so bothered by what he read that he found the need to look it up on his smartphone to appear smarter than anybody.

And I've read nothing about Madusa getting less than $1,000 from it. She said she still gets nice royalty checks from WWE.

And it wasn't 1 DVD, kid. It was 5 seperate payments. And even then, it's only based on sales from October to December and indicates nothing of the era previous or prior to when she made that post.
I guess you need to learn to read, then?

– Madusa, who formerly appeared as Alundra Blayze from WWE, posted a photo on Facebook of a royalty check she recently received from her former employer. Her image post, which has since been deleted, suggested she received $305,563.46 for appearing on video releases sold between October 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. She clarified the matter Tuesday night on Twitter by revealing that she actually received a small amount of compensation.

“Just to clear up the the royalty posting From WWE to me…. 1) i am not a liar it did come to me… Lol 2). It is the correct amount and did I post THAT was my total take? NO! Like any other entertainment company I got very little. However I am still making nice royalty checks, thank u WWE,” she wrote.

It is likely that the displayed monetary figures is WWE’s total revenue from the video titles during the three month period.
Google it and you can find sources.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts