Wrestling Forum banner

Does The Rock think his fans are stupid?

3842 31
Here's the thing...

I watched most of Rock's movies after he left WWE, most of them were fairly average and some were pretty good, and others horrible. I am very happy that he made it in the movie industry and do not in any sense hate him for leaving. It is much better to be a movie star than a wrestler, as it is easier on the body and you make nearly 10Xs as much without the insane traveling and scheduling. I wish all my favorite wrestlers are able to pursue other things as they get older because wrestling takes quite a toll on your body and I hate watching wrestlers die cause of it or slowly destroy their body (Austin, Benoit, and many others) I watched him distance himself from the WWE and I can understand why. WWE doesn't exactly have a good reputation in the mainstream media so I can understand why for all these years he wanted to be known as Dwayne and lose The Rock gimmick. That's fine. The thing I dislike about his return is that, first of all he broke kaybe and spoke as Dwayne...

That's alright but if you are going to break character and blur the line between Kaybe and reality (which became very popular after the whole Matt Hardy and Edge storyline), at least don't lie. So many of the Rock's fans think his speech is from the heart and it very clearly is not. The Rock is a actor and a great talker but that doesn't make what he says heart felt. He has tried so hard to distance himself from the WWE, don't lie and say you kept the WWE in your heart this whole time. I'd rather him not address the whole issue and stayed in character and cut a promo. When he said all this, it made me want to boo him for lying and for thinking I'm a big enough mark to believe the lies. I mean you claim to hold the WWE in your heart, yet you can't cut even follow the WWE for a month and do a live Raw appearance but you got to do a pre taped promo? You gotta lie about being in Buffalo (FINALLY the rock has come back to buffalo) when you at home on a pre recorded tape lol? Grant the promo was the most exciting thing on Raw but that's what made me so mad. The people love you so much Rock, and you after making claims about holding the WWE in your heart can't even do two live appearances in a roll? You don't have to do two appearances in a roll but then don't make statements like WWE is your home. I mean I don't care if you love me or not, but if you lie and tell me you love me, I'd be pretty pissed off.

The Rock is back because part of him cares about the fans, and part of him is doing it for the money. It's a combination of both so don't lie and say it's only for the fans, cause your ass won't be back if Vince didn't pay anything. It's better to simply not state why you are back than to lie.

And just something that bugs me, The Rock no longer says most electrifying man in "sports" entertainment, he says only entertainment now. This shows he can't drop Hollywood for a second to do a promo as the old Rock. It also means he won't wrestle ever again, and if he does, it's not like he really wants to do it.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Banned
10,054 Posts
honestly, you need to just shut up already. enough with the rock threads.

i skipped that wall of text you put up, but he calls himself the most electrifying man in ALL of entertainment, which includes sports entertainment.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
The Rock never forgets where he came from and what made him what he is today, the way he worked the mic in the wwe is what made hollywood take notice and before he left he did everything there was to do in the company at the time and he was ready to move on and as far as coming back for the money i really doubt that he's not Bret Hart or Ric Flair he doesnt need the money he came back for the fans and to host Wrestlemania and also if he did make appearances every week every other storyline would be forgotten because all people would be talking about is The Rock and John Cena albeit thats the best storyline going right now for Mania but atleast he's giving the younger guys a chance to shine before the big one like The Miz & ADR

· Harley's Circus
2,591 Posts
How many undercover Cena fans are going to keep registering and acting like they ever cares about the Rock?
Its like they think if they make enough anti Rock threads they'll get a prize.

Okay you don't like the Rock anymore..........moving on

· Registered
4,724 Posts
the better question is, does the WWE think their fans are stupid? The answer is, ABSOLUTELY.

Does the Rock think his fans are stupid? I don't think so.

the Rock did Afa's show without a big paycheck. I still dont' get why it takes getting a big check from WWE to prove you love pro wrestling. Doing Afa's show showed me more than anything The Rock oould do with WWE in regards to his love of pro wrestling.

· Registered
957 Posts
Here's the thing...

I watched most of Rock's movies after he left WWE, most of them were fairly average and some were pretty good, and others horrible. I am very happy that he made it in the movie industry and do not in any sense hate him for leaving. It is much better to be a movie star than a wrestler, as it is easier on the body and you make nearly 10Xs as much without the insane traveling and scheduling. I wish all my favorite wrestlers are able to pursue other things as they get older because wrestling takes quite a toll on your body and I hate watching wrestlers die cause of it or slowly destroy their body (Austin, Benoit, and many others) I watched him distance himself from the WWE and I can understand why. WWE doesn't exactly have a good reputation in the mainstream media so I can understand why for all these years he wanted to be known as Dwayne and lose The Rock gimmick. That's fine. The thing I dislike about his return is that, first of all he broke kaybe and spoke as Dwayne...

That's alright but if you are going to break character and blur the line between Kaybe and reality (which became very popular after the whole Matt Hardy and Edge storyline), at least don't lie. So many of the Rock's fans think his speech is from the heart and it very clearly is not. The Rock is a actor and a great talker but that doesn't make what he says heart felt. He has tried so hard to distance himself from the WWE, don't lie and say you kept the WWE in your heart this whole time. I'd rather him not address the whole issue and stayed in character and cut a promo. When he said all this, it made me want to boo him for lying and for thinking I'm a big enough mark to believe the lies. I mean you claim to hold the WWE in your heart, yet you can't cut even follow the WWE for a month and do a live Raw appearance but you got to do a pre taped promo? You gotta lie about being in Buffalo (FINALLY the rock has come back to buffalo) when you at home on a pre recorded tape lol? Grant the promo was the most exciting thing on Raw but that's what made me so mad. The people love you so much Rock, and you after making claims about holding the WWE in your heart can't even do two live appearances in a roll? You don't have to do two appearances in a roll but then don't make statements like WWE is your home. I mean I don't care if you love me or not, but if you lie and tell me you love me, I'd be pretty pissed off.

The Rock is back because part of him cares about the fans, and part of him is doing it for the money. It's a combination of both so don't lie and say it's only for the fans, cause your ass won't be back if Vince didn't pay anything. It's better to simply not state why you are back than to lie.

And just something that bugs me, The Rock no longer says most electrifying man in "sports" entertainment, he says only entertainment now. This shows he can't drop Hollywood for a second to do a promo as the old Rock. It also means he won't wrestle ever again, and if he does, it's not like he really wants to do it.
1.it's "row" not "roll"
2.he's not going to show up live a lot because they want to save a cena/rock confrontation until WRESTLEMANIA.
3. shut up and get over it

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
If you are going to sit here and try and tell me that everything Rock said about his family and his place in the business, is bull...well you sir, need to re-evaluate why you watch pro wrestling and what this history of this business means to not just you and me, but the superstars themselves.

· #RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
He doesn't just say entertainment, he says "The most electrifying man in ALL of entertainment!"

Or are you just hearing what you want to fuel your Rock hate? Seriously, just leave.
Can someone ban this dude already? 1054 threads in one day, 85% of em closed, serious trolling and repetitive everything.

· Banned
3,897 Posts
the thing is though you dont know what the fuck is in the rocks heart. Just because he distanced himself from pro wrestling and called himself dwayne wich is his real name and actors uses their real name. That doesnt mean he allways appreciated the wwe and allways thought about them.

See the fucking goosebumps the guy gets every time he enters a ring and how nervous he gets when he,s on the mic. Thats love and passion right there for you.

· Registered
444 Posts
OP- you're taking this too personally. It's a TV show. You are never going to share a beer, hang out with, or appear on the speed dial of any of these people. Worry more about your actual friends & family caring about you. RAW is supposed to be 2 hours of entertainment each week, not a substitute for a real life. Wrestlers are entertainers, not surrogate friends.

· Registered
178 Posts
So, basically, The Rock doesn't care about the WWE or it's fans because he wanted to be referred to by his real name and not the chartacter that he played while he was in the WWE?

He doesn't care about the WWE because he appears via satelite and doesn't take a couple days out of his schedule to fly out to whatever location Raw is at so that he can come to the ring for 5 minutes and talk about Cena?

He doesn't care about the WWE or the fans because, when he does appear live, he isn't there the next week? There is a requirement of two live appearance in a "roll" to prove that you care about the fans?

Then, lastly, despite having movie after movie after movie lined up in the following months to film, he came back to the WWE for the money? He's going to make millions upon millions of dollars this year but he came back for the money?

I have already put too much thought and effort into this post because, based upon your spelling, grammar, and general perceived IQ it is not possible that you are more than 11, maybe 12, years old.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.